• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys realise that there has NEVER been a negative price error that actually let you buy the game before right? it always bugs out when you try

damn these steam rookies :(

cicero

Why are yesterday's "Big Deals" now crappy deals? I thought they were supposed to remain at yesterday's prices through today.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Borderlands 2 GOTY is the item that's 125% off. That said, it's no longer available from the Borderlands 2 page and you can't add it to your cart (or at least I couldn't).

v56Ap0s.jpg

On the mobile Steam app it shows as being $30.

Edit: My bad, I looked up Borderlands 1.

JavyOO7

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I have a Mac Mini late 2011 model with an intel HD 3000. All I really wanted it for was to run League and several indie games that I wanted. Works great for that purpose. The one thing is Mac games don't run to hot on my integrated graphic card but I'm sure it'd run fine on yours. But even then, I just put bootcamp and Windows 7 and I think you'd be ace.

Take advantage of the sale. One day left!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

My computer has far worse specs than those and mine can still run the game at low settings. It will run just fine.
Your first Steam game should be Team Fortress 2, though.

ev0

Aw man, was hoping Papers, Please would come back so I could use my Steam wallet.

Now to decide to get it from Humble or not

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Part of me was hoping Ubi would stealth re-release Anno 1404 coincident with Anno 2070 being an encore deal.

BFIB

Sweet! Arkham Origins to end my purchases on the sale.

Was hoping for another deal on BioShock Infinite DLC, but that can wait. Also debating on Tomb Raider.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Thanks, I would probably bought it but for some reason they changed the discount from 75% to 35% despite being still in the yesterday's deals section... shit.

Why are yesterday's "Big Deals" now crappy deals? I thought they were supposed to remain at yesterday's prices through today.

Shows 75% off for me. Maybe the discount going back up was an error? YNAB is also 75% off for me, NS2 90% off, etc.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
And it seems as though zerokoolpsx was right about 1000 being the level cap. PalmDesert still has over 2000 holiday sale cards left; at this late date, I imagine he'd just keep leveling the badge up if it was possible.

JaseC was probably right about the badge being "unlimited" only because Valve would raise the cap as more people hit it (sure explains why the later badges are just crops of the header and footer images) but since it's so late in the sale and so few people are at level 1000 I'm doubtful that will happen again.

He may still be the only person with a level 100 foil. Congrats to the dude, at any rate!

StAidan

Well, sale's over for me, as I expected. Bioshock's the only deal left on my wishlist, but I can wait for the $5 mark at the end of 2014. Got plenty of stuff to play until then.

The card market is weird. I normally just dump my cards because I really don't care, but I was curious about the Tomb Raider background I had from the summer sale. As I expected it was 3-4 cents for the past month. But the odd part is there are a few spikes where someone bought one for over $10?! I don't get it. Did they think that was funny? The store defaults to showing the cheapest cards so I don't see how it could be a mistake. Who knows...

There's no way to transfer Steam wallet funds (yet) so what people do if money is to be exchanged is one party puts up an item for a ridiculous price that no one will buy and the other party buys it at that price. You still gotta pay vig to the Steam Gods by doing this though so it's not something you should do with large quantities of cash.

I'm kinda pissed that all the indie stuff seems to have gone back to normal prices

I usually wait until the last day of the sale to pick up the few that don't get featured.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Trying to resist Skyrim once more, I know I should wait for a better deal on the legendary edition in the (far) future.

And it seems as though zerokoolpsx was right about 1000 being the level cap. PalmDesert still has over 2000 holiday sale cards left; at this late date, I imagine he'd just keep leveling the badge up if it was possible.

JaseC was probably right about the badge being "unlimited" only because Valve would raise the cap as more people hit it (sure explains why the later badges are just crops of the header and footer images) but since it's so late in the sale and so few people are at level 1000 I'm doubtful that will happen again.

He may still be the only person with a level 100 foil. Congrats to the dude, at any rate!

Pretty amazing how there are people out there that have essentially mastered the Steam metagame and have become the Final Bosses of Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Saints 4 Season Pass isnt on sale this time, what the shit?

vg260

Welp, my only regret was not getting Cook, Serve, Delicious. Oh well. Maybe it will show up in some sort of indie bundle in the near future.

educator

I have a Mac Mini late 2011 model with an intel HD 3000. All I really wanted it for was to run League and several indie games that I wanted. Works great for that purpose. The one thing is Mac games don't run to hot on my integrated graphic card but I'm sure it'd run fine on yours. But even then, I just put bootcamp and Windows 7 and I think you'd be ace.

Take advantage of the sale. One day left!

Cool, thanks!

I'll try to check out bootcamp, not to fond on Windows (hehe) but it could really get me into PC/MAC gaming, something I've left out the last 6 years unfortunately.

Grief.exe

Well, sale's over for me, as I expected. Bioshock's the only deal left on my wishlist, but I can wait for the $5 mark at the end of 2014. Got plenty of stuff to play until then.

Probably will only have to wait a few days for the Amazon January deals.

Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-750M.90245.0.html

You'll have no problems.

and finally got stanley parable which should do it for me, unless they put out that humble bundle with the swapper and rogue legacy

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Valve's present for 2014 is Borderlands 2 GOTY for free.
They just messed up and set it up to pay you instead.

Please, Gaben, please

Edit: Amazon shows $30 for the GOTY, so that's probably what the price will be.

Zafir

Nice price on Borderlands 2 there!

2kVICQl.png

Hah, was too late. Saddening that when I try and go through to the page it doesn't stick!

I don't understand this whole snow globe collection thing. Apparently I have all 10. Is it worth clicking on "Craft Badge"? Or is it a case of if it's passed me by at this point, there's no point in bothering.

I don't understand this whole snow globe collection thing. Apparently I have all 10. Is it worth clicking on "Craft Badge"? Or is it a case of if it's passed me by at this point, there's no point in bothering.

Can't hurt. You can sell the item you get at the end, or just sell all of the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom