• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

I don't understand this whole snow globe collection thing. Apparently I have all 10. Is it worth clicking on "Craft Badge"? Or is it a case of if it's passed me by at this point, there's no point in bothering.

If you like badges, and want to gamble for the chance of getting a rare item (with the odds of that being slim) then it would be worth it. Otherwise, just sell 'em.

educator

I don't know if you plan on using a controller or what controller support is like under OSX, but if you're gonna use a mouse I really recommend disabling mouse acceleration. I use this: http://smoothmouse.com/

I'll use my logic mouse. I feel that the magic mouse isn't really comfortable to game with. Care to explain a little what smoothmouse is?

Ravensmash

Thanks, looks like it can run most games on low/medium! =)

denx

I don't understand this whole snow globe collection thing. Apparently I have all 10. Is it worth clicking on "Craft Badge"? Or is it a case of if it's passed me by at this point, there's no point in bothering.

The snow globe cards will disappear tomorrow. It depends on wether or not you want that badge. If you're not interested, you could sell the cards on the market.

Dizzy-4U

Well, this sucks. I usually go check for old hidden gems on the last day but it seems that they removed all the discounts. Lesson learned.

cicero

One of the more keen badge crafters. I like to call them badgers. ;)

I just wish he had stuck with his old style of buying early at extremely high prices. I sold a number of cards to him at somewhat ridiculous prices right after the cards were added for different games that helped fund the rapid expansion of my Steam library.

Leatherface

Okay GAF. Help me decide:

XCOM- (kind of an RTS newb though, but it looks fun)
Bioshock Infinite
or
Metro: Last Light

Which should be my final purchase of the sale?!

I'm kinda pissed that all the indie stuff seems to have gone back to normal prices

I usually wait until the last day of the sale to pick up the few that don't get featured.
I just remembered this. A lot of people who were waiting for the daily deals to run their course got screwed lol.

Valve was weird this year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

You can either craft the badge or sell the cards. If you craft the badge you get some meaningless Steam experience, a profile background, an emoticon for Steam chat, and a random F2P in-game item from a list. The item can be worth a decent amount or absolutely nothing. Most likely the latter. You can also sell the cards for about a buck in total (or trade them). If you just keep the cards and don't do anything, they disappear, so you may as well craft the badge or sell/trade the cards.

Bioshock Infinite
or

I'd say XCOM but I haven't played Metro. Some people liked Bioshock Infinite a lot, I think it was awful, at this price it's probably worth buying just for the first hour and a few sequences that were pretty even if you end up disliking it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
he's also close friends with saoirse ronan

tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

I just wish he had stuck with his old style of buying early at extremely high prices. I sold a number of cards to him at somewhat ridiculous prices right after the cards were added for different games that helped fund the rapid expansion of my Steam library.

Haha, yeah, I've the one and only Logician Knight foil listed at $10 (well, $9.98) and it's yet to find a home.

Magwik

Banned
Deciding between BL2 GOTY, Dishonored GOTY, or both games but regular versions. Might just bite on BL2 GOTY when they fix the damn price.

frogg609

I've been away without computer access for a few days. Was hoping to get some last day sales today. Not so much. My wishlist is full of full priced games that I won't be buying any time soon.

Zia

Dishonored's DLC is way expensive. As someone that only owns the base game, it's cheaper to repurchase the Game of the Year edition if I want everything including the Void Walker Arsenal. Pfft, Bethesda.

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

My notebook has an i3-GT525m combo and I could easily run Infinite on it with medium-high settings at around 30+fps with a couple of bigger dips here and there.

Xanathus

It's not worth selling them this late into the sale because the card prices have crashed. Just craft the badge.

Grief.exe

Bioshock Infinite
or

Make it easy and knock Infinite off the list.

Atmospheric shooter or Strategy RPG, both games are fantastic.

I really wanted to spend some more money on the games that never went daily deal. There were about 10 games I was going to buy today for myself, and I was going to get some gifts. Now I'm buying squat

Danielsan

Just checked the store. Saw Borderlands 2 was 125% off.
Then was disappointed when I clicked to the game store page where it was 75% off. :(
I would have liked a free game + free money.

denx

I really wanted to spend some more money on the games that never went daily deal. There were about 10 games I was going to buy today for myself, and I was going to get some gifts. Now I'm buying squat

The timer on the deals did say the deals were ending today.

A little disappointed with the encore, I thought it would be like the rest of the sale where associated games would be discounted as well. I would have bought Blood Dragon last night if I'd known it wasn't going to be on sale today.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
this hurts

I don't like that terrible Batman: Arkham Origins game. it's almost as bad as the original AssCreed
HEY!
When patched, the PC version of Arkham Origins is the Die Hard of Christmas games.

Myshkin

7897153de91027e9fee646656b5bdc830a0fb0c1.png

Oh Steam. I bet they also gifted him a copy of You Need A Budget.

Don't think he spent thousands of dollars. Once you get to a certain level, you probably get a lot of globe gifts just to see you go higher.

Time to give away my globes. 1 or 2 per person only to those already on my friends list. Initiate chat inside Steam - ID is in my profile.

have 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

Dr Dogg

Is Anno like a poor mans sim city or is it actually good?

Waaaaaay more complex. The series is more of a trading game than a straight up city builder. 1404 can be played without even dipping your toes in trading and all the accumulated models but once you get your feet wet it's a great hook. Well if your into that sort of thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
8 euros left in steam wallet... feels wrong :(

phaonaut

Wow, missed the memo. I didn't realize all prices were reverting today, I figured the general discounts would go until the end. Until next time I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom