• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Make it easy and knock Infinite off the list.

Atmospheric shooter or Strategy RPG, both games are fantastic.

Yeah, Infinite is the one I'm least interested in of the three.

Metro: Last Light looks great, but how does it run? The first one was def not optimized well IMO

XCOM: I don't usually play TBS or RTS games. It's not to say I don't enjoy them, it's the time investment in learning them that turns me off usually. Is this one a little more streamlined as far as the learning curve (comparatively to other games in the genre)?

JakeD

i think i'd like to finally craft the badge, but can't in good conscience spend money on it. if anyone wants a copy of poker night at the inventory, starvoid, or any random 10 of my cards (or any combination of those things, i really don't care), in exchange for a set of 10, add me

What does hype have to do with anything now?

well many people were praising it for how good it was, I loved the original but never played the 2nd. After jumping on the hype train and getting it I really didn't see what was so special about it. I'm sure you and many others will disagree but I do feel metro is the better shooter here

Metro: Last Light looks great, but how does it run? The first one was def not optimized well IMO

I played it on a 680 and it ran great on max settings 1080p, not sure if that helps you though

denx

All I ever saw were the timers for daily deals and what not, and the banner that's still there on the main page saying the sale goes through tomorrow with more than 2000 games on sale.

Seems like you just weren't paying attention. The timer on the "hidden deals" games (those that were discounted but not featured on dailies, flash or community sales) was counting down to today.

deleted

I can buy one more game:

How is Castle Story? Is it in a playable state?

The trailers looks fun. Borderlands 2 GotY depends on the price and otherwise it's Bioshock Infinite I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

I wish I had her hair

Ensirius

I don't know what to do about Skyrim guys

I don't have as much time unfortunately as I had before, so sinking a lot of hours is pretty hard for me now. On the other hand complete edition is pretty cheap right now...

Nzyme32

Hey guys,

Im interested in buying Bioshock Infinite (my first steam game), but unsure how well it would run on my computer.

I have an iMac with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB. I bought it today for other reasons than gaming, but it would be a pleasant surprise if it could run it decently.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

My notebook has an i3-GT525m combo and I could easily run Infinite on it with medium-high settings at around 30+fps with a couple of bigger dips here and there.

I'm using a laptop with a i5 & gt525m and have Bioshock Infinite at mix of medium/high 1366x768 being stable at 35fps. You should have no problems

Grief.exe

XCOM: I don't usually play TBS or RTS games. It's not to say I don't enjoy them, it's the time investment in learning them that turns me off usually. Is this one a little more streamlined as far as the learning curve (comparatively to other games in the genre)?

The original 2033 is still being lauded as one of the most unoptimized games. Last Light goes a long way to fix those issues.

XCOM got me into the strategy genre, so don't be afraid to dive into that one. Both choices are quite excellent.

Interesting that Civ 5 is still at full discount, from yesterday's daily, but others aren't.

They are still there

tBKLeL1.png

derExperte

Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure is 50% off for one more day.

And the winter cards finally crashed under .10€ steering towards .5.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The original 2033 is still being lauded as one of the most unoptimized games. Last Light goes a long way to fix those issues.

XCOM got me into the strategy genre, so don't be afraid to dive into that one. Both choices are quite excellent.

They are still there

tBKLeL1.png

oh yesterdays deals are up again? they werent earlier. guess I could get Hammerwatch (and then watch it be part of HiBX >_>)

Viridian6

How do you sell the snow globe trading cards? When I go to the market and click on "sell an item", they don't show up in my inventory.

Arrrammis

Looking through the sales today, when suddenly...
mI7F3Wv.png

Unfortunately, when I clicked on it, it dropped down to only 75% off. Oh well, we still have the picture.

Vodh

How are the Skyrim DLC? I like having a game with all the available content, and I'm definitely getting Skyrim. At £3.74 it seems like a steal, but £10.19 for the legendary edition is actually more tempting to me, unless the DLC are garbage...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish I had her hair

I'm really interested in seeing how she looks with black hair in How to Catch a Monster. There are a few photos of her floating around that were taken before she went back to being blonde, but as they're all candids they're not very good.

cicero

randombeggarmquf5.png

It's been forever since a random dude last asked me for games on Steam. I feel invigorated!
Exactly the reason why my profile is no longer public. I got blasted as "selfish" by some random person because I had like 400 games and wouldn't give him something for free. I don't need that nonsense.

matmanx1

I'm still showing Borderlands 2 Game of the Year for $29.99. How is that a deal? It's the same price it's been since the beginning of the Holiday sale.

There were huge price glitches on Borderland 2 DLC to start this final day. Everything was for $0.16... I managed to grab every piece before it got fixed! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom