• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Just bought Bioshock Infinite and CS:GO, thanks for all the tips guys! =)

I'd recommend that you give Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 a try as well. They're both free and have a brief tutorial section and offline bots to play with so you can get a feel for the games before diving into online. I was surprised to find that I actually really like the games now that the tutorials and bots are more fleshed out

cicero

What's Sanic?

The region/city locked version of Sonic for Boston.

Qkv8FAK.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really interested in seeing how she looks with black hair in How to Catch a Monster. There are a few photos of her floating around that were taken before she went back to being blonde, but as they're all candids they're not very good.
why

blonde so pretty already T_T

Posted my haul here. This was much more active sale for my wallet than I expected. Gaben took me for a long ride and took everything... but it was worth it.

Thanks gaf, this sale wouldn't been the same without this thread.

Grief.exe

I know you hate infinite and all but let the guy have his fun lol. Disappointing game sure, but still worth a play through.

My recommendation: play through on Easy. It won't expose as many of the games flaws at that point.
Experience the story, and the first 30 minutes of atmosphere, call it a day.

Anyone have a Snow Globe #2 they'd be willing to part with? It's the only one I'm missing. I have dupes of 3,6,8,9, and 10. Was planning on cleaning up my wishlist today (and would've likely earned that final globe) but the sale behavior has changed from past years... Oh well! Not an achievement chaser (quite the opposite) but feel like it would be a shame to let the sale pass as if I didn't spend hundreds of dollars during it... GUESS I DID BUY SOME GAMES THOUGH BUT WHO PLAYS THOSE.

Steam name is my GAF name.

Well I still have $8 in Steam wallet credit, but it'll have to wait until the next sale. I have enough games to easily last me until then anyway. Onward to the Spring sale!

Evo X

Quick question about Dark Souls. I want to play it, but it's too damn hard for me. Is it possible to use a cheat trainer with the latest Steam version to raise my stats a bit?

I don't plan on using this character to go online and fuck with people. Just want to play through the game without pulling my hair out or devoting a crazy amount on time playing through the same section a million times because I keep dying.

And yes, I know it's disgraceful, but I just don't have the patience for this type of game right now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Quick question about Dark Souls. I want to play it, but it's too damn hard for me. Is it possible to use a cheat trainer with the latest Steam version to raise my stats a bit?

I don't plan on using this character to go online and fuck with people. Just want to play through the game without pulling my hair out or devoting a crazy amount on time playing through the same section a million times because I keep dying.

And yes, I know it's disgraceful, but I just don't have the patience for this type of game right now.

With all the cheaters online I think you should be fine.

Help me Steam GAF, I have 3.27 left in my steam wallet. What are some games (besides the obvious choices) that I can get for that price?

Myshkin

Time to give away my globes. 1 or 2 per person only to those already on my friends list. Initiate chat inside Steam - ID is in my profile.

have 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

Hmm, my Internet glitched. Well have it, and quickly, I gotta take a shower.
1 2 3 7 8

Cth

Hrm, debating on getting The Stanley Parable.. played the original demo and watched some of the new version on YouTube (to see if it's different)

Any good deals on it better than Steam at the moment?

what the fuck i had some things in my cart presuming the sale would end tomorrow but they all went back to regular price....that is stupid. (Things that weren't dailies)

educator

I'd recommend that you give Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 a try as well. They're both free and have a brief tutorial section and offline bots to play with so you can get a feel for the games before diving into online. I was surprised to find that I actually really like the games now that the tutorials and bots are more fleshed out

Thanks! I have never played any type of game like DOTA 2, and they look like they have a pretty high learning curve (i eg. so many things going on at the same time). I'll definitively try it out though!

Tenrius

Exactly the reason why my profile is no longer public. I got blasted as "selfish" by some random person because I had like 400 games and wouldn't give him something for free. I don't need that nonsense.

I feel that going private does more harm than anything, for example some fellow GAF members aren't able to see your profile (if they want to do so for whatever reason). Besides, I wouldn't worry about a random person calling me selfish on the Internet, myself. Mostly because that's probably true (heh heh heh) and it's really more of a good laugh in most cases than a reason to feel offended. I don't know, maybe I just have thick skin.

I'm on the fence with dragonborn. I still haven't played skyrim, it's worth it?

Wait on it. It's only 50% off now, it will definitely go lower. Even if you decide to play Skyrim any time soon, there's plenty of content for you to get bored of even before you reach whatever Dragonborn adds.

I'm on the fence with dragonborn. I still haven't played skyrim, it's worth it?

If you haven't played Skyrim yet, I wouldn't bother with it yet. It's best played as post-main quest content, in my opinion, and by the time you'll be finished with everything in the main game there'll be another sale.

Dawnguard, on the other hand, adds a lot of stuff to the main world that are very cool.

Wok

I would not call Dota 2 free since I have ended up spending more money in Dota 2 than in my whole Steam library.

Humble Amanita Design bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Samorost 2 (not Steam)
  • Machinarium
  • Lume
  • Windosill
TIER 2: 6$
  • Shelter
  • Botanicula

You are fast.

Hrm, debating on getting The Stanley Parable.. played the original demo and watched some of the new version on YouTube (to see if it's different)

Any good deals on it better than Steam at the moment?

I'd love to know this too!

Wanted to get it, but I missed the first day it was on sale on STEAM.

We might see a new Indie Gala bundle in 4 hours.

Edit : Our humble apologies, we encountered an unknown error. Sometimes this happens briefly when we are changing things or App Engine is down. Please try again in a minute or so!

What? Never saw that error on the Humble Bundle page.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Machinarium would appear in a new bundle right after I buy it. Wouldn't sbeaten I had beaten it already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom