• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ869

Space Base DF9 looking promising? Concidering getting it as my last sale from humble bundle. Seems like it could be intresting

Backlogger

Doing some spring cleaning on my past Humble purchases and finding some unclaimed keys... may need to do a small giveaway later today...

cicero

Metro: LL Ranger Mode is not only DLC, which is bad enough, but it's not even seeing a discount on the final day? :|

wow. That is pathetic. I just bought it at 66% off the other day. It annoys me when they do stuff like this on supposed recap days.

Enco

A mountain made up of ~$22 million if their counter shows unique users.

xneI5Qt.png
$22mill?

They better fucking make the best zombie game in the world.

bronson

Which way do you guys think the Snow Globe card market will swing in its last hours? Up for people wanting to craft, or way way down for people who just want to get rid of soon-to-be-useless cards?

Grief.exe

I would give the exact opposite advice: I think the game is far more fun on hard or 1999 mode. The combat shines on harder difficulties.

What exactly makes it shine on harder difficulties?

Bullet sponge enemies? Boring enemies? Bad AI? Two weapon limit?

Decrease the difficulty, experience the story. The actual gameplay of Infinite isn't very good.

I got machinarium a while back and I still have to play it, I'll buy the bundle anyway since it is "charity" at least.
That's unfortunate, this happened to me as well with HB2 if I remember correctly. At least it can be a great gift if you decide to buy the bundle.

Machinarium has appeared in several bundles yet it deserves every sale. Great game and amazing soundtrack.
I had both already, bought them as a gift. I'll probably buy it anyways and give 100% to charity.

Grief.exe

A mountain made up of ~$22 million if their counter shows unique users.

xneI5Qt.png
$22mill?

They better fucking make the best zombie game in the world.

Its important to note that data point only shows those who have purchased the game and created a character. Not every person who buys the game will run it immediately. Real figure is probably somewhere between 800-850k.

Also, you can't just multiply 750,000x$30 and get the figure, there is Steam's cut and various taxes to account for.

fantomena

Thank you Jshackles for ES.

If it weren't for the extension I wouldn't know Anno2070 had TAGES and Uplay. Will I buy a game with UPlay AND TAGES?

tumblr_inline_mki6xcSnsn1qz4rgp.gif

cicero

Which way do you guys think the Snow Globe card market will swing in its last hours? Up for people wanting to craft, or way way down for people who just want to get rid of soon-to-be-useless cards?
I think the average for each available card for sale topped at over 100,000 last night, and now it seems to be around 90,000, so people definitely are still buying at around $.15 per card. I had expected it to crash down to $.05-$.07, if it keeps going like it has maybe that won't happen.

Zeliard

You're encouraged to a much greater extent to use every tool at your disposal in between weapons, vigors, environmental traps, and gear combinations. You're also encouraged to use the Skyrail liberally when it appears to both avoid and deal damage and get yourself to better vantage points in the arenas. I watched a few videos of a Normal difficulty playthrough and it was comical how quickly enemies went down. No reason at all to do anything there but shoot a simple pistol the entire time.

I had a blast with Infinite's combat on 1999.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
It's an absolutely incredible game, possibly the greatest city builder of all time. It's also saddled with some atrocious annoying DRM.

How exactly bad is the DRM for Anno? I know it's Ubi and all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Bullet sponge enemies? Boring enemies? Bad AI? Two weapon limit?

Decrease the difficulty, experience the story. The actual gameplay of Infinite isn't very good.
I hated all of this in the original game (still haven't finished it). Great atmosphere but terrible gameplay and shooting mechanics. So this still happens in Infinite? That's bad, that's really really bad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It's an absolutely incredible game, possibly the greatest city builder of all time. It's also saddled with some atrocious annoying DRM.

What I don't like is there isn't a tutorial. At least, I haven't found it if there is one. I new to the series, so it is all confusing.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Well since there wasn't much I have needed on the last couple days of the sale, I've nearly convinced myself to purchase DayZ. The last few posts about it have pushed me over the edge.....

Grief.exe

Tages and Uplay? Really bad.

I hated all of this in the original game (still haven't finished it). Great atmosphere but terrible gameplay and shooting mechanics. So this still happens in Infinite? That's bad, that's really really bad.

Its actually worse.

Atmosphere in Infinite only lasts for about the first 20 minutes.
The shooting mechanics are much better in B2 and Infinite over the first game though. Bioshock 2 gets the nod by a wide margin over Infinite due to numerous strange design decisions in the latter.
Story in Infinite is the best of the three however.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Its important to note that data point only shows those who have purchased the game and created a character. Not every person who buys the game will run it immediately. Real figure is probably somewhere between 800-850k.

Also, you can't just multiply 750,000x$30 and get the figure, there is Steam's cut and various taxes to account for.

You have a valid point. Either way though it is quite a lot of income for them from a very successful Early Access launch.
I am excited and happy for them. I look forward to playing the full release when they are finished.

Dr Dogg

Better than what it was at launch.

It had a 3 or 5 machine activation limited tied to Tages (which doesn't do revoke only 30 day rescinds) that would see a hardware charge as a new machine and take away an activation. So say you installed it and swapped your graphics card, well you would have used up another activation.

I do believe that horrid measure has been patched out but I'm on the fence with it on point of principle.

Edit: Here's an RPS article on the issue.

Kiru

Damn. Payday Wolfpack DLC is 90% off. Do you think someone would trade it for 2 ref ? I don't know shit about TF2 trading other than keys...

ZeroCDR

Got in on DMC4 and the Oddboxx before the update, woo! Now I'll see about that Tomb Raider DLC and CS:GO.

I also saw that MK Komplete finally went on sale, but Amazon has it cheaper for $7.50 if anyone wants an alternative.

Kind of sucks that the market for the Christmas cards hasn't crashed to 0.01$ each yet. I am hoping it will in the last couple of hours of the sale tomorrow, so I can forge the badge on the cheap.

Have the bugs from TW:Rome2 been fixed? I'm on the fence after the shittastic release reviews, and am tempted by the sale. It'd be a no brainer for $10 for me, but at $30 I'd like some more guidance going in. Anyone?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Kind of sucks that the market for the Christmas cards hasn't crashed to 0.01$ each yet. I am hoping it will in the last couple of hours of the sale tomorrow, so I can forge the badge on the cheap.

They were .15-ish an hour or two ago. Now they are .10-ish. Prices should continue dropping.

Dr Dogg

Hmmmm on reloading the client I just got a -50% off Crusader Kings II coupon. Expires on 1st Feb so might be tempted, maybe :(.

You're encouraged to a much greater extent to use every tool at your disposal in between weapons, vigors, environmental traps, and gear combinations. You're also encouraged to use the Skyrail liberally when it appears to both avoid and deal damage and get yourself to better vantage points in the arenas. I watched a few videos of a Normal difficulty playthrough and it was comical how quickly enemies went down. No reason at all to do anything there but shoot a simple pistol the entire time.

I had a blast with Infinite's combat on 1999.
I started the game on Hard initially because I was going into it in pretty much blackout, so I didn't know you could start off on 1999 but either way I didn't find the combat too satisfying. I thought it fell too hard under the influence of the typical regenerating health shooter approach of getting your shots in, get tapped, wait a couple seconds, repeat. When I replayed 1999 mode afterwards I didn't find the combat to be much different on the whole, my approach for the regular encounters was practically unchanged; but the Handymen and
Lady Comstock
just became grueling to compensate -- and not in an interesting or satisfying way, but more in the keep sprinting and getting your shots in and this encounter is going on three times longer than it has any right to way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom