• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what the fuck i had some things in my cart presuming the sale would end tomorrow but they all went back to regular price....that is stupid. (Things that weren't dailies)

the store page tells you how long the sales last

Vardhan

Has there been any news of GFWL being removed from Dark Souls? I want to buy the game, but I also don't want to use GFWL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bye-bye non-Bethesda Fallout games:

Edit: The actual apps have had the publisher detail changed to Bethesda Game Studios, so assuming the intention is to return the games to the store then they shouldn't be gone long.

Has there been any news of GFWL being removed from Dark Souls? I want to buy the game, but I also don't want to use GFWL.

None whatsoever.

Tenrius

happynewyear8zuti.png

Who said that video games aren't art? (That awful, awful WordArt phrase means "Happy New Year, Assassins!").

Nzyme32

I would not call Dota 2 free since I have ended up spending more money in Dota 2 than in my whole Steam library.

I think i've managed to be more conservative than you since I'm still getting into it. It may well be the first game I pay a micro-transaction in :p

Wok

I think i've managed to be more conservative than you since I'm still getting into it. It may well be the first game I pay a micro-transaction in :p

I have only started spending money after about 300-400 hours in. But then... Be careful, be very careful.

Danielsan

I'll say this. If you don't have Botanicula yet you owe it to yourself to get the bundle. Easily one of the most charming games ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why do this now, I wonder?

Interplay's contract expired. They should be back soon because each app already has this change:

about an hour ago Changed publisher – Interplay Inc. › Bethesda Game Studios

With Bethesda you can never be sure, though (no Quake Wars, no Wolf09).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sadly i already have everything but Shelter (which I really want to play). I'm not paying $6 for shelter though.
Similar situation here, I have Machinarium and Botanicula already and I'm not super interested in the rest aside from Shelter, so I won't be nabbing for now unless there are good BTA incentives later.

I playe through Lume on New Year's Eve. It's a fun little time. It has some decent puzzles, and a really great look. Just be warned that it's an hour long, if that's a problem for you.

Worth checking out though!

Nzyme32

Interplay's contract expired. They should be back soon because the Fallout Tactics app already has this change:

With Bethesda you can never be sure, though (no Quake Wars, no Wolf09).

I hope they don't remove the Interplay intro from those games. Some amazing nostalgia would a horrible thing to lose.

UrbanRats

Goddamn i assumed all the sales would last until the last day, but it seems only the dailies are on now? That's a shame, i missed on a couple i was interested in that i hoped were going on a daily. :\

I guess the "buy on the last day" advice isn't as sound anymore.

denx

Goddamn i assumed all the sales would last until the last day, but it seems only the dailies are on now? That's a shame, i missed on a couple i was interested in that i hoped were going on a daily. :\

Advice is still sound. All games on sale had their timer counting down to today.

Nzyme32

Just be careful. Some doors, once opened, can never be closed.

I have only started spending money after about 300-400 hours in. But then... Be careful, be very careful.

That is a strong set of warnings. On the one hand, if I get to 300 hours, I feel they deserve something at least, but that is certainly the beginning of a dangerous path by the sounds of things.... I'm more aware of it now. I'll be careful
or fail miserably

Yesterday was the last day. All the timers said so, today is the encore...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know how common this sort of thing is since it's the first time I pay attention to Steam during new years, but all these removals and end of licensing contracts are kind of aggravating.

Tenrius

I wasn't aware Interplay still existed lol. Well, hopefully Bethesda will make sense for once and put the games back up.

derExperte

Why assume instead of reading this thread? We talked about the countdowns running out all day and longer. The suggestion was always to buy everything before the dailies run out.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wonder if Bethesda (Zenimax) behind these Fallout shenanigans... We know their legal team is overzealous.

They are. They took over the rights from Interplay as of 2014. It's the same reason why GOG took them down (And why Interplay let GOG give them away last month).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To add to Experte's post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744457

to anyone who missed it, has typed up their damage list and put their itchy finger on the enter key: haulposts go in the thread linked above please and thank you kindly
Lalalala didn't read here's my haul list:

BLABLABLA
BLABLABLA 2: Electric Blablaloo
BLABLABLA Revolution Revengeance: Origins: GOTY Edition
BLABLABLA Revelations
BLABLABLA IV
BLABLABLA IV: Talk More! DLC
BLABLABLA (reboot)

(sorry!)

zkylon

zkylewd
iirc interplay had like 6 years in the contract to sell fallout shit until it moved 100% to beth

time's up I guess

to be honest choosing between herve caen and todd howard it's still a throwing your money to the garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom