• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Indie Spring Sale 2013 | March 21-29

Salsa

ignr0rNKglLlO.PNG

think im done

I LIED

indies21kqsd.png

L3E2

iirc the initial set up is either instant by entering your online bank account info and filling in all of the security questions correctly - or waiting 3-5 days for paypal to deposit two small amounts into your bank account and then entering those amounts into a spot on paypal to confirm it is your account.

The money transfer should be instant, it did warn me once that it could take up to 3 business days depending on a few factors though.

Awesome, thanks.

gdt

Deadlight is decent enough. But it absolutely isn't a dark hard core atmospheric 2D survival horror game. Which is what we were all hoping for.

Its a solid-to-good puzzle platformer with some light combat.

Edit: I'll add that the best part was the visuals and environments.

Roulette

Like somebody already mentioned, can you guys explain why? I've only heard good things about it.

It's not terrible. It's just a repetitive game with limited appeal. Art is great, but the few puzzles in the game are simple. Combat is boring. For the most part it's "lean right on the d-pad and jump occasionally" interspersed with some "move this object so you can jump up to this ledge" etc. The story is dumb and the ending was D grade Shyamalan nonsense.

I finished it, but I'm not sure if that makes it a compelling game, or that I barely registered walking my way through it so I figured I'd just keep leaning on the d-pad until it was over.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Mentioned this in the Steam thread but I'll gift Shatter to the first 10 or so people that PM me. Would love to spread such a great game.

So is Magical Drop 5 much better now? I remember reading complaints about it. Haven't played the series since 3, which I go back to every now and then.

Edit: Imma just cop it anyway. Saw people mention a huge patch soon.

Booshka

Picked up Hotline Miami, FTL, Binding of Isaac and Penumbra Overture.

Just built a gaming PC and have been waiting for a big sale to dive into some games. I already picked up Amnesia and Super Meat Boy for cheap, so I have those to play as well.

Just finished To The Moon after buying it from this sale (in one sitting!). I really enjoyed it, if anyone's on the fence I'd definitely say it's worth the $4.

SparkTR

I got Retrovirus, Antichamber and Valley Without Wind 2. I've heard fantastic things about them so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Arthea

So is Magical Drop 5 much better now? I remember reading complaints about it. Haven't played the series since 3, which I go back to every now and then.

Edit: Imma just cop it anyway. Saw people mention a huge patch soon.

I bought it yesterday, dunno why, still don't like it :)
But it is cheap

Also bought Recettear and Half minute hero. First I like, played some and heard good things about second

Darkwater

I'll probably be getting The Trine 2 DLC. Absolutely had a blast playing that game in co-op. The others on sale I'm not so sure about.

I already own FTL, Grimrock, Braid, Super Meat Boy and Hotline Miami. What do I get, if anything, GAF?

Kade

Anyone have nice things to say about the following games?

-Deponia
-Chaos on Deponia
-Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement

Gaspode_T

Deponia is fun so far - do you love point and click? I mean really really love? Then you should get it. If you are on the borderline, maybe something like Gemini Rue or one of the classics like Loom or Monkey Island is safer for someone who isn't big into the genre.

Man, for the amount of games people buy during sales, at least from the sample size of my Steam friend list (mostly GAFfers) nobody actually plays the indie games. I can look at "Friends most played games" and it is always something like Team Fortress 2 or DOTA 2 or Max Payne 3 or whatever.

Yes and I actually enjoyed it. It's a fun game with bad music and menu ui, but I really liked the gameplay. I went in not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Even though it is a little on the shorter side, I was happy enough with it to see it through to the end which is rare for me with indie games. $4 might be a little steep considering its age and previous sale prices, but I could at least say it was worth that much to me.

Tizoc

Yes and I actually enjoyed it. It's a fun game with bad music and menu ui, but I really liked the gameplay. I went in not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Even though it is a little on the shorter side, I was happy enough with it to see it through to the end which is rare for me with indie games. $4 might be a little steep considering its age and previous sale prices, but I could at least say it was worth that much to me.

Interesting, will check what its cheapest it was and decide by the end of sale to get it or not.
Thanks for the info.

joezombie

Interested in Retro City Rampage for $5 but don't see anything on it here yet. Does everyone already have it or is it known to be bad?

Wolfie5

Deadlight

Played this game during the holidays, I will just write what I remember.

Positive:
Graphics (looks very good)
3-4 hours to finish (thank god it doesn't take longer to end this boring game)

Negative:
I really like zombie games, but this one is just boring and frustrating at times. It starts good,but as you progress you realise that all you do is run and jump. A few times you shoot zombies, but most of the times it's about timing your jumps right or you are dead. There is a story, but I don't remember it as it was not interesting.

Funfactor is zero. Don't buy this game.

FloatOn

having actually played super hexagon now I can honestly say you people are super humans or something truly other.

how you are able to survive 60+ seconds of this is madness. Having played 15 minutes or so the best I've been able to do is around the 12 second mark.

ugh.

Sober

having actually played super hexagon now I can honestly say you people are super humans or something truly other.

how you are able to survive 60+ seconds of this is madness. Having played 15 minutes or so the best I've been able to do is around the 12 second mark.

ugh.
It takes a while to get used to. I only just broke 60 seconds on Hexagoner on my phone (2nd difficulty). Third one is definitely kicking my butt. Not sure how I'm going to fare on the Steam copy I bought a while back, but I did beat the first stage at 66 seconds or so.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
I bought 250 eur worth of games and now my account is temporarily disabled from buying. Anyone got that experience?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Interested in Retro City Rampage for $5 but don't see anything on it here yet. Does everyone already have it or is it known to be bad?
I bought it last night, yeah. I can't comment on its quality, as I haven't played it yet and don't plan on doing it anytime soon.

Polari

Thanks for the shout outs.

We soft-launched the Linux Steam native version of Shatter last week too for anyone gaming on that platform, and that is of course on sale too.

I refuse to buy anything on Steam that doesn't have a Linux port (even if I mostly play on Windows at the moment) so cheers for that, +1. Out of interest how difficult did you guys find the porting process?

Coppanuva

I have it on the Wii Virtual Console, so can't speak on the PC port, but it's pretty good fun. Has some nice music and it's a fun little arcadey style game that lets you run around and shoot stuff really quickly. If you have $5 kicking around to spend you could do a lot worse.

derExperte

Not good enough to warrant the long development time and prelease hype, there are reasons no one talks about it anymore. While it looks like fun the gameplay is simplistic, missions are short and unoriginal gameplaywise (with some hefty difficulty spikes at the end even after patch) and I didn't find all the reference very funny. More annyoing, like Family Guy. 'Hey, remember xyz? Yeah? LOL, right?' Calling it bad would be an exaggeration, let's say average and if it looks interesting to you 5$ is okay.

Kade

Only things that caught my interest were Magical Drop V and Kentucky Route Zero but I still had a lot of Wallet cash left from when I sold some TF2 items so I ended up buying Bioshock Infinite. I'm terrible and I tend to buy things I want immediately instead of waiting for sales so I own most of what I was interested in or would have bought.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

HoosTrax

Din's Curse and Depths of Peril are Diablo-likes right? Din's Curse seems to be a bit more modern it looks like?

Might bite on one of those and Valley Without Wind pack. Kind of in the mood for something indie, but more...persistent? RPG-ish? than your typical indie puzzle platformer.

I have Krater, but talk about all-style and no substance...

Top Bottom