• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Indie Spring Sale 2013 | March 21-29

AkuMifune

Banned
And here I was thinking I was the only sucker who bought Magical Drop V.

Antichamber for $11.99 and Proteus for $6.69 are both super tempting but I don't have time and they'll probably be cheaper at some point. I'm becoming a cheap Steam gamer!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Super Hexagon for a buck? IN!

Is the BIT.TRIP Collection worth it for $10? It's BIT.TRIP RUNNER, BEAT, VOID and CORE including their respective soundtracks.
Runner is a masterpiece, Beat is excellent, Void is fantastic and Core is good. I'd say YES!

Core's soundtrack is the shit, as is Runner's. Flux is my favorite, but it isn't on Steam yet.

Super Hexagon for a buck? IN!

Is the BIT.TRIP Collection worth it for $10? It's BIT.TRIP RUNNER, BEAT, VOID and CORE including their respective soundtracks.

I think it's worth the price. CORE is probably my least fav of the Collection but it does have one of the best soundtracks of it as well. Still, CORE is a good game as well as everything else. My only reason why I will hold off is maybe down the road, FATE and FLUX will come to Steam and you can get an updated version of the BTC.

Who's the character standing between Meat Boy and the Castle Crasher?

The Time Goddess from Half Minute Hero.

Salsa

ignr0rNKglLlO.PNG

think im done

Magical Drop V (had my eye on this ever since the Winter sale)
BIT.TRIP Collection
Ultratron (this looks awesome..and just came out on Monday)
Everyday Shooter
DLC Quest
Half Minute Hero
Super House of Dead Ninjas

That's what's in my wishlist right now and I'm pretty sure I'll purchase all of them in the next few days (plus a 360 controller). Feels good to have a job again, lol.

HoosTrax

Only thing that interests me is Tripletown, which is apparently quite popular on mobile. Something about disgustingly-cute, yet evil cartoon bears is very appealing to me for some reason.

I bought 10000000 on iphone for a LOONIE and beat it, I am guessing steam is the same game but more expensive?
He tweaked the gameplay a bit apparently, to make it harder on PC.

Cool Bientôt l'été is on sale, gonna get it and play later. Probably gonna check out other indie games that i wanna try. Anyone recommend anything on sale with an interesting story?

Only thing that interests me is Tripletown, which is apparently quite popular on mobile. Something about disgustingly-cute, yet evil cartoon bears is very appealing to me for some reason.

He tweaked the gameplay a bit apparently, to make it harder on PC.

Ah, I won't buy then. Triple Town is the best game out on iPhone. Played so many hours of it.

Double D

If there are any Metroidvania style games on sale, someone write them on a piece of paper, crumble it up, and throw it in my direction.

Dambrosi

Banned
>Hispanicguy mentions Ultratron
>never heard of it, searches Steam
>finds a Robotron 2084 clone made by PuppyGames
>OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD*spurt*

Ahem. Yes, I think I might be picking this up.

If there are any Metroidvania style games on sale, someone write them on a piece of paper, crumble it up, and throw it in my direction.
I believe Capsized is supposed to be a game of that type.

Aselith

Steam's browser is so inadequate for looking through hundreds of game. They really need to add the ability to add things to your cart and wishlist from the game listings and to add things to your cart from the wishlist.

It's horribad for this kind of sale.

FloatOn

oh and you jerks better buy rock of ages that's only 2.50 as well.

it's like super monkey ball + tower defense + a fighting game + monty python. I shit you not.

rad multiplayer modes as well.

Steam's browser is so inadequate for looking through hundreds of game. They really need to add the ability to add things to your cart and wishlist from the game listings and to add things to your cart from the wishlist.

It's horribad for this kind of sale.

here I fixed it for you:
http://store.steampowered.com/searc...ort_order=ASC&category1=998&specials=1&page=1

Oneironaut

Neo Member
I just got the Valley Without Wind Bundle, and I'll probably be getting some other games later on. It doesn't look like there's any sort of daily specials within the sale, so there isn't any rush.

I'm wondering if euro Truck Simulator 2 is worth it at that price. I've heard some very good reviews of it from people who don't usually play simulators.

Edit:
Have now added BIT.TRIP CORE, BIT.TRIP VOID, Everyday Shooter, and Super Hexagon to my cart due to recommendations in this thread. Also got they Bleed Pixels because I like high-difficulty platformers and have heard some decent things about that.

corn_fest

I'll throw in an un-recommendation for Half Minute Hero here. Thought the art was uninspired, the UI was janky and unpolished, and the gameplay not fun in the least.
That said, I couldn't stomach playing past the first few hours, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'll throw in an un-recommendation for Half Minute Hero here. Thought the art was uninspired, the UI was janky and unpolished, and the gameplay not fun in the least.

The new art style is terrible. Switching it back to the 8-bit style the PSP version used makes a world of difference.

Nabs

Don't sleep on Magical Drop. It's been updated a bunch, and I think there's a massive patch incoming.

AkuMifune

Banned
Wait, Dark Souls is on sale too? $19.99....tempting, but not low enough. Already beat it on 360, it would need to be lower to go through that hell again.

Nabs

Wait, Dark Souls is on sale too? $19.99....tempting, but not low enough. Already beat it on 360, it would need to be lower to go through that hell again.

Amazon usually has it for around 15 or less. I screwed up by skipping it for 10.

I picked up Super Hexagon, DLC Quest, To The Moon, and Thirty Flights of Loving for less than ten bucks for the lot.

I feel good about today.

Might gift a copy of Rock of Ages to my wife for multiplayer purposes.

Zeth

I'm interested in DLC Quest? Decent fun for a platformer? Also picking up Bit Trip collection. Somewhat new to PC so I've missed many bundles, lol.

Afrodium

Banned
If something isn't a featured game today then is it likely to go lower? Hotline Miami is $5, and I want to pick it up. Should I grab it now or wait until it's a featured title?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Super Hexagon looks way more fun in videos than it is to actually play. I kinda feel bad for spending that one buck now, can't play this game for more than 10 seconds without fucking up thanks to the controls and the constant screen rotation :(

Top Bottom