• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

I have a problem with Steam that started a few months ago when I got a new PC, every few minutes my downloads pause and schedule themselves for 5 min later.
As far as I can tell, it's caused by improper port settings on the router, tried setting up the ports but it didn't work.
Googling for other solutions, the only one I've found is changing regions in the downloads section, but that also didn't work.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Backup steamapps folder. Reinstall Steam.

zkylon

zkylewd
So many on my friendslist playing Dragon's Dogma... Meanwhile I'm just sitting here masturbating.

... I'm not actually masturbating I'm just being bored and depressed and all that good stuff.

maybe you're bored and depressed cos you're not masturbatin

Eh, how can I make non-installed games in my client have a "faded" icon? I could swear it was like that at one point but now there's no visual feedback to see which game is installed and which not.

Vanilla skin user.
Hm. Turns out I used a modified gamespage_grid.layout from a skin where alpha values were changed. Manually editing alpha for uninstalled games to 100 did the trick.

Bah. Stuck with a D3DRR error in DDDA.

Seems to be a laptop thing. Reported in the bug thread. I hope unlike MGSV I don't have to wait a week for a resolution.

GOODNIGHT! ;_;

Maniac

Banned
maybe you're bored and depressed cos you're not masturbatin

Nah. Depression came first. Boredom comes and goes; the masturbation is largely killed off due to my many pillz killing any and all sex-drive.

... I mean I'd still bang a bunch of people in here cause you's some sexy fine folk!

... I'm starting to wish I'd saved some of my Steam Wallet moolah for Dragons Dogemah. It looks quite nice.
thats just a temp fix though

Doesn't have to be.

I've seen some weird shit, man.

So many on my friendslist playing Dragon's Dogma... Meanwhile I'm just sitting here masturbating.

... I'm not actually masturbating I'm just being bored and depressed and all that good stuff.

Surreeee

giphy.gif

New shoot-em-up got released today and I have a couple keys to give away to the fine people on the Steam thread. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bladestar #2 -- MB-15F1943D95FD94FA - Taken by user237. 19 entrants total.
Bladestar -- MB-DF967873790E79D4 - Taken by darkchewie. 17 entrants total.

t1452899749z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah. Depression came first. Boredom comes and goes; the masturbation is largely killed off due to my many pillz killing any and all sex-drive.

... I mean I'd still bang a bunch of people in here cause you's some sexy fine folk!
what's your top 5 most fuckable steamgaffers

Uzzy

In other depressing news, I have 30 friends who own Dragon's Dogma, but only two people who are cool enough to own Oxenfree.

Khronico

Huh... the textures in my game look terrible. I must've glossed over that setting.

On that note, CAPCOM's menus leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah also minor nitpick: Saving settings takes just enough time to be annoying.

I wish I could also take screenshots with hud completely removed. I haven't seen an option complete removal of hud.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

NOSTRADAMUS -- MB-D02E6BD6D6795F7E - Taken by dave is ok
POST MORTEM -- MB-F3ED84DA156ACA9A - Taken by shervinrs

Pachimari

Oh yeah, tomorrow is the day I get all of the Mafia II DLC (actually missing one piece of DLC, which is sad).

Now would be a good time for me, to start up Oxenfree, now that the girl decided to occupy the tv with Twilight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom