• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

What kind of website doesn't work in firefox? Can confirm the order checkout page does not work. Retrying in chrome now but the website is getting hammered so it's timing out half of the time I try.

People still use Firefox?

YrUNo.gif
/jk

rtcn63

So I just took a quick look at Dragon's Dogma and great scott, the difference with the PS3 version is like night and day. That was a good example of a game that wanted a lot more then the consoles it released on could handle.

Anyway, really looking forward to playing it. Combat feels so much better, the letterboxing's gone and i'm noticing enviromental art I never knew was there.
Excitement! :)

The PS3 version was damn near unplayable if you're used to the comforts of modern PC gaming. Flicker, eye-scorching graphics, low resolution and framerate. And I beat half of Demons Souls.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Life is Strange is on sale. Does anyone still have one of those coupons from the bundle and do they still work / stack with the existing discount?
They're valid until February but I don't think it stacks. At least I can't figure out how to make it stack

gabbo

Life is Strange is on sale. Does anyone still have one of those coupons from the bundle and do they still work / stack with the existing discount?

Is the physical release for Life is Strange going to require Steam, because if it is, I may just pick it up digitally during a sale and safe myself the grief.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul -- MB-C78954C08FA505F4 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 11 entrants total.

t1452885709z1.png

Annubis

Maybe I should buy DD:DA for 31 $CAN.
By the time it's 50% off, the $CAN might be low to the point where it will cover the extra 25% difference and I'd be paying the same amount as I would now =/

Eila

Damnit, a bunch of new groupees bundles without pre-order and I'm all out of Groupees coins. Probably should have spent them more wisely.

Jawmuncher

Damnit, a bunch of new groupees bundles without pre-order and I'm all out of Groupees coins. Probably should have spent them more wisely.

Forbidden Love with My Wife’s Sister
----

I'm still sitting on a coin. it's worth like 10 bucks now.

Teggy

How do you make a controller work with Dragon's Dogma? I changed the video options no problem but when I select controller and hit backspace it doesn't save the change. I tried with both xbox one and 360 controller attached. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Yep it's $100 a year, they raised it a while back, it used to be $79. It's still a great value for someone like me that lives in what can best be described as "the middle of nowhere with fast internet" which means I typically buy most of my non-perishable groceries from Amazon because they're cheaper than the local stores. Getting streaming videos, music, cloud drive, etc are just the icing on the cake I guess. I rarely ever use those things, but I probably average 50 Amazon orders a month between my wife and I's account, so $100 for the year seems reasonable to get free 2 day shipping on most of the stuff we buy.

Now it comes with 20% off video game pre-orders too, so that's kinda nice.
Thats fucking bonkers, once i gotta start paying 100 im out

Anyone actually get the pre-order items (Art Book and OST) to show up for Dragon's Dogma?

says I have the OST installed but nothing is actually there in my files and the Art Book won't install at all

That was me, the first key was a duplicate when I went to redeem it. Also it was a garbage dump, so you really felt the need to investigate it? Wow.

Garbage dump or not, it clearly says "Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself." so anyone who takes more than one key is going to look suspicious.

Deitus

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Humble store winter sale has started.

So are there daily deals for the Humble sale? The fact that there is a "Sale calendar" seems to suggest that there are, and they have done dailies in the past. But the sale page is just a random, infinite list of all games on sale, including repeats of the same games, and there doesn't seem to be a link to todays deals. That wasn't a useful way to navigate the Steam sale, and it isn't useful here either.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So are there daily deals for the Humble sale? The fact that there is a "Sale calendar" seems to suggest that there are, and they have done dailies in the past. But the sale page is just a random, infinite list of all games on sale, including repeats of the same games, and there doesn't seem to be a link to todays deals. That wasn't a useful way to navigate the Steam sale, and it isn't useful here either.
There are only a couple daily deals and they have a timer next to them I think. Like Witcher 3 today. And it's not actually daily, but three days in that case.

Eila

Wonder if the microids steam keys rewards dried up. I've been slowly trying to get rid of my points but I've recieved nothing but cards after getting like 5 keys in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom