• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

No PC version from the looks of it. Meanwhile SFV on PC is launching day and date with the console version, with the bonus of crossplay. Sad times.

When is SFV launching, I hear you ask? Well, I'm not counting but...

t1455645600z0.png

This is an eternity.

Messiah

No PC version from the looks of it. Meanwhile SFV on PC is launching day and date with the console version, with the bonus of crossplay. Sad times.

When is SFV launching, I hear you ask? Well, I'm not counting but...

t1455645600z0.png

Man, SFV and Blazblue: CPE. That will be tough to juggle in february.

Dsyndrome

That cheered me up by... Surprising amounts.

Maybe it's my duck fetisch.

d60.gif

I'm slowly starting to not get one-shot by enemies on Hard in DD:DA; bosses are another thing all together, and aside from my rabbit murder spree, that's all I've fought. Gaining levels after one or two enemies down is pretty nice though.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So many on my friendslist playing Dragon's Dogma... Meanwhile I'm just sitting here masturbating.

... I'm not actually masturbating I'm just being bored and depressed and all that good stuff.
It's scientifically proven masturbation can help against depression so, you know.
Love thyself.
Science demands it.

Being influenced in your social, love and/or sexlife by meds sucks. I unfortunately know from experience.

In other news: That game with the dragon and his dogma's pretty cool.

I'm slowly starting to not get one-shot by enemies on Hard in DD:DA; bosses are another thing all together, and aside from my rabbit murder spree, that's all I've fought. Gaining levels after one or two enemies down is pretty nice though.

I read some shit and I think I'm going to start on Hard as well.

Bring the pain.

Knurek

Why is my Gameplay Time Tracker not tracking gameplay time in my games anymore?

You don't have it running?
You disabled tracking?
You have your profile directory set as read-only?
You've been playing windowed games (this included borderless fullscreen)?
Could be lots of reasons.

Maniac

Banned
what's your top 5 most fuckable steamgaffers

For me it's...

#1 lashman

And... Then everyone else doesn't matter as much. I'd bang you, Frosty and Jaw too, that much is for sure.

And my brosefé, iosefe.

And Copons... And possibly his cat.

I suck at making top 5's.

Veggie is on said list too, though... Cause he's a nice bloke.

Seven too.

And... Oh god my bang-bang list is long.

Turfster has to be added to it for cosmic justice, ofcourse...

And WinterDemons because WinterDemons rules.

And InfiniteNine cause... She's coo'.

And... Hmm... Durante. I'd bang the hell out of Durante.

I'm gonna need a longer list. Top... 25, perhaps?
Guys, why don't you play games in your free time? :V

Too busy being depressed and making lists.

Important lists.

Maniac

Banned
It's scientifically proven masturbation can help against depression so, you know.
Love thyself.
Science demands it.

Being influenced in your social, love and/or sexlife by meds sucks. I unfortunately know from experience.

In other news: That game with the dragon and his dogma's pretty cool.

Yeah. That dragon's Doge looks quite awesome.

I'd love one.

And I concur, it sucks. I've had to deal with it for over 7 years. It gets old very, very quickly.
so what you're saying is..

you got low standards

No I'm just lonely.

Fuck that sounds so sad. I apologise. >_>

Pachimari

You don't have it running?
You disabled tracking?
You have your profile directory set as read-only?
You've been playing windowed games (this included borderless fullscreen)?
Could be lots of reasons.

I have it running but I'm playing my games in borderless fullscreen, I always do that. It's just weird it doesn't track any games anymore, and I can't find anything on Google. It just comes up with alternative software like lunchbox. I didn't disable tracking to my knowledge either.

[edit]
I do have my profile folder to read-only. I just tried disabling that. But then it defaults back to "read-only" and I don't know why.

Pachimari

Yes! I solved the problem. It seems like I had to Settings and change the DirectInput wrapper library to "Microsoft Managed DirectX". I also no longer require DirectX or OpenGL library reference or DirectX exclusive fullscreen mode.

Pachimari

Oxenfree seems to have a great mechanism for dialogue but I gotta admit, it's stressing me out. I'll get used to it, but I think the choices (bubbles) I have are going away so quickly, that sometimes I don't get to read them, because I'm reading the subtitles of what the other guys are talking about.

chronomac

Random question: Does Valve charge Square to generate keys for giveaways, like Omikron? It was my understanding that they didn't, that publishers and developers can generate as many as they needed.

Dr Dogg

Played 2 and a half hours of Dragon's Dogma and only just got out the 10 minute long prologue area. The life of a PC tweaker, that and I was goofing around screenshotting. Still at heart a last gen game but decent framerate is going to make replaying this sooooo good.

zkylon

zkylewd
for the person that was asking for massive chalice, i'll just shoot my opinion

it's a great half of a game, but sadly not an awesome whole experience like xcom. the combat is pretty great, the classes and the enemies are all really varied and it just feels good and plays well, it's cool. it's challenging but rewarding and during your play you'll hit many highs and lows having people killed over reckless positioning and having also super clean missions through careful movements

problem is the management part of the game is just super forgettable. your options are super limited and because your soldiers have probably 3 or 4 fights in them total before they die of old age, you never grow attached to them and it doesn't feel as good to upgrade them. equipment is also really annoying since u have to reequip every character. and the upgrades themselves are kind of eh, and you don't ever feel like you have enough control over your army setup because it depends so much on what kind of people did you have available at the time of setting up your marriages. so you might find yourself with an army of caberjacks but no archers, etc.

it's a pretty ok game imo, it's just not as polished and well thought-out as xcom

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How many people have voted so far?

Dsyndrome, The Dear Leader, Henry Swanson, Dio Brando, Stallion Free, Corpekata, Monooboe, ricochetguro, Lain, Kurt Russell, Raxanas, Jawmuncher, AHA-Lambda, dirtywhirlwind, Baron von Loathsome, pahamrick, Tektonic, Turfster, Anteater, spindoctor, texhnolyze, Uraizen, tuxfool, Smash88, TetraxShards, MMBosstones86, Sch1sm, Shantom, Khronico, Stumpokapow, jshackles, Locust, SilentMatthew, Vlad, septicore, Nete, Stronghammer22, yuraya, KingKong, Shadownet, Knurek, Se7enSword, Leafhopper, Iron Badger, Jadax, def ault, Wok, Copons, Maxwood, Messiah, Phinor, cyba89, Large Professor, The_Super_Inframan, ussjtrunks, ctw0e, Haunted, Tizoc, shortsFortallPeople, Dragon1893, Hektor, Atraveller, Chairmanchuck, the_firewithin, fantomena, Rockin' Ranger, Man Puncher, Ludens, Backlogger, Ruruja, PandaPedinte, Black Soma, KenOD, neoemonk, Teggy, thesaucetastic, laserlaser, arbok26, Parsnip, BinaryPort2737, Shalashaska, Adry9, YianGaruga, Baron_Calamity, Gintoki, Amzin, QFNS, Chariot, Kyougar, AsfaeksBR, dot, garath, WinterDemons, zkylon, Kriken

So far about half of last year's turn out.

Jawmuncher

For me it's...

#1 lashman

And... Then everyone else doesn't matter as much. I'd bang you, Frosty and Jaw too, that much is for sure.

And my brosefé, iosefe.

And Copons... And possibly his cat.

I suck at making top 5's.

Veggie is on said list too, though... Cause he's a nice bloke.

Seven too.

And... Oh god my bang-bang list is long.

Turfster has to be added to it for cosmic justice, ofcourse...

And WinterDemons because WinterDemons rules.

And InfiniteNine cause... She's coo'.

And... Hmm... Durante. I'd bang the hell out of Durante.

I'm gonna need a longer list. Top... 25, perhaps?

Too busy being depressed and making lists.

Important lists.

The feeling is mutual .

Anteater

ugh I should've gone to sleep, fml

Let's roll

Played 2 and a half hours of Dragon's Dogma and only just got out the 10 minute long prologue area. The life of a PC tweaker, that and I was goofing around screenshotting. Still at heart a last gen game but decent framerate is going to make replaying this sooooo good.

I'm going to play around with some of the enemies so much, they animate so well at higher framerate

rtcn63

As we're already off-topic- I know there are a few Doctor Who fans in here, and this is old news but, there's an unofficial charity anthology focusing on the War Doctor that's available for anyone who donates... anything, I think. You get the PDF and ebook versions, plus a comic strip. Most of the writers have written officially for Doctor Who before, the Seventh and Eighth Doctor novels specifically.

https://www.justgiving.com/Declan-May1

Worked for me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Post Mortem #3 -- MB-68D268FB2424063E - Taken by Zeknurn
Post Mortem #2 -- MB-17C11DBA73813E89 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Haegemonia -- MB-89AF0FEE33595334 - Taken by shervinrs
Experience 112 -- MB-046C8DCED3F4DEF2 - Taken by redlacs
Post Mortem #4 -- MB-F5BF885E3CBFACA8 - Taken by longlivegaming
Robin Hood #2 -- MB-6A5C41C0B928F8B8 - Taken by yoshizzle
Gods vs Humans #2 -- MB-18D8D383047B346F - Taken by redlacs
Haegemonia #3 -- MB-899D0054E6EA387B - Taken by longlivegaming
Amerzone -- MB-7E4288D08FD6312E - Taken by fuzzy123
Iron Storm -- MB-5FB61712CC580E66 - Taken by Kifimbo
Haegemonia #2 -- MB-5DC105E5159E1334 - Taken by Loptous
Gods vs Humans #3 -- MB-18DE9C729873747C - Taken by shervinrs