• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

5 times the same emote to add insult to injury.

I did get
330x192

But the rest were
330x192
and
330x192

Though thankfully I did get a Rare Background that I can hopefully sell for a few bucks.

MRORANGE

I'll try to PM you a write up for DanganRonpa and maybe Agatha Christie ABC murders.

DanganRonpa has been taken but Agatha Christie ABC murders is still available.

Well then I'll gladly do a write up of xcom 2.

Thanks!

Aww, I was going to do SFV.

You can have if you want. just send me a PM

SO FAR:

Tales of Symphonia - jshackles
Disgea - Hero Prinny
Firewatch - Grief.exe
Street Fighter V - MRORANGE or Uzzy?
X-COM 2 - Spirited
Danganronpa - Se7enSword

Please send me an email if you would like to do a recommendation!

brau

As someone who did play it- technical issues were only negative for me.

don't know how much I can/cannot say more than that.

excited for the beta on PC

oh nice.

the support its getting on pc is pretty awesome. I would think the game is a lot more stable now. i think they just need to figure out the server stuff to be able to handle it day one.

are there tons of loading screens? that was a buzz kill on destiny.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Here's a few more games that releases next month without anyone doing a write-up for the OT yet:
  • American Truck Simulator
  • Mighty No. 9 (Maybe not as cool)
  • Dying Light: The Following
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
  • Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
  • Alekhine's Gun
  • Cobalt

Well that wasn't really that many. (and to be serious at least 3 of them look pretty bad)

Pachimari

There's also Unravel for February. Sadly I know almost nothing about the game, other than it looks fascinating. Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part II is also out next month.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There's also Unravel for February. Sadly I know almost nothing about the game, other than it looks fascinating. Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part II is also out next month.

It only releases on Origin so I didn't put it in on my list as I don't know if it's ok in the steam OT.

Jawmuncher

My GPU fan is going fucking nuts, it's really loud and now it just overheated it seems. Looking like the last legs for this. Took it out and gonna leave it unplugged for awhile.

Balthuk

My GPU fan is going fucking nuts, it's really loud and now it just overheated it seems. Looking like the last legs for this. Took it out and gonna leave it unplugged for awhile.

Nooo didn't you just post about your 660? Damn, hope it can be fixed. I'm totally like that, I build an i5-r9 280 pc and my friend an i5-660 a year ago and we both hope to keep them for a long time.

Felt like it was time to give something new and shiny away.
ModBot said:
Instructions for William Bonney:Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (William Bonney, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster -- MB-DCFA06D9469C120F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 67 entrants total.

t1453660875z1.png

Okay for February recommendation so far....

Tales of Symphonia - jshackles
Disgea - Hero Prinny
Firewatch - Grief.exe
Street Fighter V - MRORANGE

Nobody has taken X-COM 2 :eek:

Please send me an email if you would like to do a recommendation!

Not 100% sure I will but I might do one for Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly hope DS3 is more akin to the other games and not so much 2. It's mostly level design and combat related here though but I enjoy it way less than every other entry to the point I haven't touched it in days simply because I don't really like it that much despite it being a pretty good game still.

Sarcasm

So I have been playing DD:DA non stop! May have to turn it down to normal mode though.

And have gotten back into Darkest Dungeon to find out there is a planned Vita version! yes!

Jawmuncher

Yeah. You should take the fan out and see if you can clean it. Unfortunately it sounds as if that fan is on its last legs. The bearings may have gotten worn down.

Besides the clacking noise, when you press down I hear a swishing noise, probably due to friction.

Time to upgrade, too bad it didn't last till Pascal.

I think i'll just hang out on the mobo graphics for now. Don't think anything is coming up for me that I absolutely need atm. Will see about messing with the gpu, in the off chance that maybe it'll work. Since when it's making those noises it does turn on and I can get on the computer. But as I said pretty sure it shut itself off from getting too hot.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes, absolutely. Bad air flow will adversely affect performance. It's definitely something worth staying on top of.

I have a 980 so I'm not crazy worried about performance on a 1080p montior.

But yeah, it's not in a good spot, blame dorm rooms :/

will check in a minute. Anyone have a general "this is okay vs terrible" for how hot it should be?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
RetroAhoy: Doom
50 min long retrospective of doom by the youtube Ahoy which makes some really good analytical content.

Watch if you feel like it don't blame me for linking stuff you won't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom