• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

You have to have beaten the games in order to vote, right? I don't think I beat 10 games released in 2015.
Maybe next year!

ViviOggi

Dude why is the logbook so fucking tiny in Sunless Sea, the entire game happens in there, font is way too small as well and when lowering resolution it just becomes a blurry mess

Fucking Unity

Arthea

I think including all Sakura games would be a bit much, so which one do you think is the best?

that'sabait.gif

Yian, pls

You have to have beaten the games in order to vote, right? I don't think I beat 10 games released in 2015.
Maybe next year!

Some games aren't really beatable as in can't be finished ever, have no ending as such

And in general I think you decide when you finished a game anyway, and is it worthy to be on your GOTY list

So GAF, do you want to know what my Top 5 Steam GotY list is...or should we keep that confidential :X

post away

that'sabait.gif

Yian, pls

The one I am going to shove up your maw from down below, m8 :)

:mad:

It's like lighting the Chariot-signal, it's too easy :p
I don't even play them, no idea why I buy them. They're not too expensive if you abuse the card crafting at least.

The only VN I'll inlcude is Nekopara Vol.1, but I'm 100% serious about that.

EDIT: Fuck, that was released Dec 30th last year? That's bullshit. I guess Vol. 0 will have to do :/

Arthea

It's like lighting the Chariot-signal, it's too easy :p
I don't even play them, no idea why I buy them. They're not too expensive if you abuse the card crafting at least.

The only VN I'll inlcude is Nekopara Vol.1, but I'm 100% serious about that.

Higurashi and Clannad will get robbed this year I see

Tizoc

post away

Considering my vote would've contained games that only I and a handful would've voted for anyways, my list comes down to
1. Contradiction
2. Transformers Devastation
3. Tales from the Borderlands
4. Life is Strange
5. Adventures of Pip
I might swap out one game though

Arthea

Considering my vote would've contained games that only I and a handful would've voted for anyways, my list comes down to
1. Contradiction
2. Transformers Devastation
3. Tales from the Borderlands
4. Life is Strange
5. Adventures of Pip
I might swap out one game though

o m g
You just reminded me that I haven't played Transformers still, damn my luck and hd dying and ruining everything! even steamgaf goty

Nice list, btw, kinda shocked by the top spot, but then I remembered your avatar

How do we handle Higurashi? Is it considered episodic? If so it'll be eligible sometime in 2018 I guess

oh yea... forgot about that, I just see every episode as a separate VN

edited: according to rules Higurashi isn't eligible, I just got a free spot on my GOTY list

Tizoc

o m g
You just reminded me that I haven't played Transformers still, damn my luck and hd dying and ruining everything! even steamgaf goty

Nice list, btw, kinda shocked by the top spot, but then I remembered your avatar

I might even swap 2 games on that list around but for that I'd need to see what people voted for :p
This is one of the things that I find sad about GAF GOTY voting, at least for the time being: You play some smaller games that not many have played and even though you enjoyed them so much that they're worthy of being among your goty list, it'd be pointless to vote for a game that may only get 1 point.
So then you make your list based on what the more popular games are and bump up whichever game you liked th most among them.

I kind of wish the GOTY wasn't for a month or two, give people time to play the 2015 games they got in the sale or even those games that came out at the end of the year. Having only just started on Renowned Explorers and Rebel Galaxy there's a good chance they would be in my top 5/10 but there's no way I'd have finished with them by the time votes are due to make an informed judgement.

Arthea

That's why I asked, the games are considered separate releases on Steam.

being episodic, it's still not eligible, I remember I asked jshackles can we make an exception earlier this year, but he didn't say anything, so probably we can't

edited: lol
as per your edit, Trails is not episodic, the naming might imply it, but these are just sequels. Not to mention that who ever heard of 100 hours long episode in the first place

being episodic, it's still not eligible, I remember I asked jshackles can we make an exception earlier this year, but he didn't say anything, so probably we can't

edited: lol
as per your edit, Trails is not episodic, the naming might imply it, but these are just sequels. Not to mention that who ever heard of 100 hours long episode in the first place

I don't know. Just curious what the strict definition of episodic is for this vote.

Ludens

Banned
This is my GOTY list:

1- Witcher 3. Simply one of the best games I played. 130 hours and more, not a single boring moment.
2- MGSV. Yeah, the plot is garbage, repetitive, but I really like the gameplay and I'm still playing it online, so it was worth for me, so worth to gain the second place anyway.
3- Undertale. Because it's simply one of the best surprise of this year, and when you think you beated it the first time, well, you didn't. The second play is mandatory to full appreciate it, a gem, brilliant writing, awesome gameplay, zero boring moments.
4- Life is Strange. Really loved the writing here, the plot, the right mix between Donnie Dark and Stand by me, the soundtrack, even the gameplay, since it's required to do something else instead of "just keep pushing some buttons and proceed" like in TT games. Also some choices were very very hard, so I list it here, in its right place in my GOTY list.
5- GTAV. I do not like free roaming games at all, in fact when I play them, I only do main missions. And this is what I did with GTAV too, but the plot was very funny, characters are unique, the gameplay is not too hard and I appreciated each one of the 60+ story missions. I hate GTA franchise (except for Vice City), but I loved V.

Arthea

I don't know. Just curious what the strict definition of episodic is for this vote.

Well, in Higurashi's case, they are chapters, not episodes, but that doesn't mean much.
IDK, we should bug jshackles about it, it's his call.

edited: but you can't include Nekopara too, vol.1 means it is episodic!

I so feel one with the darkside now

Parsnip

Do I have to have beaten a game to vote for it for GOTY?

Well, Witcher 3 will be on my list even though I haven't beaten it yet and I actually own it on GOG.

Also, looking at the games I bought in 2015, it's a bit depressing that I didn't find the time to touch some of them at all. There are some games there that I'm pretty sure would end up on my list if I had actually played them.
I currently have 12 games on my top 5.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've put well over 180 hours into The Witcher 3. Haven't finished it by a long shot but you can be damn sure it's on number one.

On the other hand, i've started playing Pillars of Eternity a couple of day's ago and it's great, even if the rest of the game is going to be shit (it's not). But I feel like I haven't played enough of the game to put it on the list.

Just like the rest of these kinds of lists; it's personal.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Happy New Year, SteamGAF!

I know I'm late but I don't think I've posted in this thread yet.

Arthea

Five games in six days? Nope. ;) I should finish The Talos Principle soon enough, though. And cheers!

oh c'mon!
Ok, I'll play
have you finished 5 games in 2015
I already know that you finished 2 at least, as you were posting while playing (near the end)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh c'mon!
Ok, I'll play
have you finished 5 games in 2015
I already know that you finished 2 at least, as you were posting while playing (near the end)

If memory serves, I finished:

- AssCreed Unity + DLC
- Mad Max
- AssCreed Syndicate + DLC
- Just Cause 3
- BioInf's DLC
- Dishonored's DLC

I may have finished something in-between Unity and Mad Max as that's a gap of about six months, but I can't remember.

Arthea

If memory serves, I finished:

- AssCreed Unity + DLC
- Mad Max
- AssCreed Syndicate + DLC
- Just Cause 3
- BioInf's DLC
- Dishonored's DLC

I may have finished something in-between Unity and Mad Max as that's a gap of about six months, but I can't remember.

so how was JC3? Had any problems with running it?

I'll spoil your goty list to you now, embrace yourself!
1. Syndicate
2. Mad Max
3 JC3

sorry, just couldn't resist

Just 1

3uWhdAo.gif

TIS-100
Is actual programming knowledge needed for TIS?
(get it this-TIS... I'll show myself out)

My question is serious though.
Is there anything like Rebel Galaxy out there, complexity wise, or is the jump always to super complex space sims?

It was even bundled once, so maybe you're lucky and can get it from a chap here cheap-ish. It was Tier3 after all.
It was very ambitious and SE was a weird company to do that tbh.
The game doesn't feature any cars or guns, though, Ward later clarified.
dafuq? Cars and Guns are the only things that made Burnout and Black good and stand out. That's an "attempt" at hyping your game up I guess.
"innovative... sports game that's fast, funny and heavy on social multiplayer"
Ehhhhhh? Why even mention Black then??
Oof. Looks like Just Cause goes on the ever-growing list of games I better hold out for a complete/goty edition to get all content.

Good to hear Jase performance is great.

JaseC

so how was JC3? Had any problems with running it?

I'll spoil your goty list to you now, embrace yourself!
1. Syndicate
2. Mad Max
3 JC3

sorry, just couldn't resist

I had no issues whatsoever. Runs like a dream.

C4rter

Is it save to assume, that the price for XCOM 2 at GMG (37,50€ with the 25% coupon) will be the cheapest before release?

Gintoki

I voted for Crypt of the Necrodancer in 2014 even though it was in early access and I'll do it for my 2015 vote even though I didn't beat the last boss

JaseC

Is it save to assume, that the price for XCOM 2 at GMG (37,50€ with the 25% coupon) will be the cheapest before release?

Funstock will have it for roughly 30.50 Eurobucks if a new -20% pre-order code manifests ahead of release.

Benedict

I'm still thinking about getting Xcom 2 even though my computer might be a tad bit old.
According to Can You Run It, I meet the minimum requirements but not the recommended requirements.
Lacking in CPU and Video card.

I have a Intel Core2Duo E7500 @2.93 GHz and a GeForce GTX 460 1GB video card.
Recommended is a 3GHz Quad Core and GTX 770/HD 7970 or better.

Parsnip

Damn it, forgot about that weird rendering bug in FF 13-2 (and 13 for that matter) that manifest in some specific resolutions. It's not something you necessarily notice too well in motion, but it ended up ruining some screenshots. Poop.

JaseC

A 1am unlock time for Rise of the Tomb Raider is unacceptable, Squeenix! Please return to unlocking games first in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom