• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Legend of Heroes is such a mess. Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 on PC, but Cold Steel 1 and 2 on PS3/Vita only with 3 scheduled for PS4?

It's hard to collect all of these things!

The latter two was developed for PS3 without existing PC version unlike the former two. I do hope that the sales of Falcom games on Steam is convincing enough for them to make a good port for PC version down the line.

Jawmuncher

Let me be the first to say Happy Bday to myself. (Jan 18 here)
d1a42f1589.gif

Happy Birthdag. Also good choice on the gif.
Mila is the best.

bobawesome

Refunct was a great little game. Beat it at 30 minutes exactly but it's probably the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a Humble Bundle game.

Happy birthday to all (and anybody I may have missed in the past).

The more I use my new monitor the more I'm lead to believe 144hz is not a life changer. Gsync though, holy shit no more headaches from screen tearing! 50-60fps is suddenly very playable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way to salvage existing files of a game when you forgot to back up the games appmanifest file? Without the manifest file Steam wastes a lot of time "discovering existing files" just to end up downloading everything from scratch anyway since it failed to rebuild the appmanifest. I know that for many games its possible to change the "BytesDownloaded" to match the "BytesToDownload" but for some reason this isn't working with RE HD. Any ideas?

It's not much of an answer, but you can ask someone to send you their manifest file.

Lomax

Fired up Slime Rancher to give it a try... and then it was two hours later. Surprisingly compelling for such a basic premise. I'm such a sucker for simple reward cycles.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Another birthday? Just a yearly installment release that could have been a patch instead.

I'm only giving 20 well wishes though

oipic

Fired up Slime Rancher to give it a try... and then it was two hours later. Surprisingly compelling for such a basic premise. I'm such a sucker for simple reward cycles.

The Slime Rancher gameplay loop sucked me in even while just watching JShack play it during his Extra Life stream - looks to be a charming little game indeed.

Amzin

Well, bought the $1 tier of best of 2016 bundle and the $10 of the Overwhelmingly positive bundle, and going to do the year subscription for Monthly. Even though I did the 52 game challenge last year, I feel like I have my work cut out for me :p

Wozzer

Well, bought the $1 tier of best of 2016 bundle and the $10 of the Overwhelmingly positive bundle, and going to do the year subscription for Monthly. Even though I did the 52 game challenge last year, I feel like I have my work cut out for me :p

52 Games a year challenge != Backlog challenge; the way I see it, the more games I add the easier it'll be to get through 52 games :D

Humble Bundle deals are too good to pass up, and the release schedule just keeps getting bigger and bigger. :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of spindoctor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-E151634B632A1719 - Taken by Naked Snake. 27 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Doom -- MB-728516C03F0FD890 - Taken by illusionary. 111 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-39580594BD280ADD - Taken by cluto. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-AC1600AC22769B41 - Taken by Sarcasm. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-04A192C1B74F8A76 - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-BBEE5C0A3966E277 - Taken by Shalashaska. 17 entrants total.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-00214B554B2560B6 - Taken by Vazra. 20 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-E68040ACEAF3FA38 - Taken by gaiadyne. 8 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-992EF7BEBB6F6F03 - Taken by bbd23. 13 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-52E4CA1AC4EC4DDC - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-260E6CC25609EE2C - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-F409E0D71CE01E16 - Taken by Orgen. 7 entrants total.
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-34DF5546A26A1E79 - Taken by Smeagol. 21 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-5ED7653B2453DDFE - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-460C87C4652D2A60 - Taken by laserlaser. 16 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-4627516302212085 - Taken by Mixed2k. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-9F0C0AD6B113B7B0 - Taken by Garandorf. 11 entrants total.

t1484766127z1.png

Tellaerin

Just finished the main story in Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. I think I've found my new favorite open world game. Fun arcade-ish driving/racing, hand to hand that actually has some depth, an upgrade system with a nice sense of progression that integrated collectibles in an organic way, a story that really felt like a HK film, with some excellent dialogue and voice acting... Surprised more people weren't raving about it when it was released, because I think it's a real gem.

Let me be the first to say Happy Bday to myself. (Jan 18 here)
d1a42f1589.gif

Happy birthday, Professor Arturo. ; )

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
$1? wow, instabought. now i wont mind if victor vran will turn out to be another van helsing kind of buggy mess. at this price its worth a shot. but pleasebeactualygood

It's actually really good. Not as in-depth as something like Path of Exile, obviously, but I was surprised at how tight and polished it was. I really liked that you could respec fairly effortlessly between the various builds. It's one of those games I think about going back to every so often.

$1? wow, instabought. now i wont mind if victor vran will turn out to be another van helsing kind of buggy mess. at this price its worth a shot. but pleasebeactualygood

It runs much better than VH and is probably more polished. Plus it's a bit like the further adventures of Geralt. The last boss was a bit of a pain though and the constant respawning got annoying after a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ctrl + F Vazra: No results

Yeah (well, his name wasn't Vazra back then, but I digress), however that is what the tag is in reference to:

I said Christina Aguilera had an irresponsible vagina leak at Etta James funeral and the mods or mod liked it.

In hindsight I should have mentioned both the thread and the above post, haha.

Edit: And done.

I'm wondering what's going on with Berseria, roughly a week away from release and the store page still doesn't mention the preorder bonus, and looking on Steamdb the prepurchase sub only includes the game.

Vuze

Not sure if it's been posted before but you can get Dead Rising 4 Deluxe for ~10€ from Windows Store Switzerland. Definitely a glitch.
I'm kinda considering it but the game is sorta meh and I swore not to spend another dime on their shit store until they fix it up proper... I think I'll skip.

Deques

Yesterday's addition to the Humble Overwhelmingly positive Bundle were somewhat disappointing, when the games that are featured from the start are much better than those.
I activated Refunct and played it since everyone says that this is a short game. It sure is a very short game, took me 24 minutes to finish and got all achievements. What's so fun jumping on pillars anyway? I don't understand how this game is so positive

Here is a free game for a lucky winner

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-E97B22D0D2CCA14B - Taken by bloke

Tizoc

Hopefully a good port. The last couple of japanese titles bought have been really bad in that regard.

Really? I hadn't had much of issues with the JP games I had been playing TBH. Akiba's Trip fan patch allows for downsampling which really helps with the AA and jaggies.
Speaking of Yakuza 0, I am doing a side mission where
I am training a Dominatrix and giving her advice on how to berate her client.
Kiryu: "What am I doing with my life?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom