• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing through point and click games and came across this for 49 cents

Sinless: a unique point n' click and visual novel hybrid, set in an original cyberpunk reality.

l41m4h7W4RP5M52XS.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, is there anyway to know what your gender will be in Rust before you buy it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Doom is actually a really bad game. I don't know why I even bothered playing it.

The demo did absolutely nothing for me. Even the "classic" level bit did nothing. Such a shame.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that indiegala is pretty alright, especially for indiegala's latest efforts >_>

Sarcasm

So:

Salt & Sanctuary for 33% + 10% = 10.84$

OR

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight 30% = 194 NTD (6.16 USD)

Choicesssss

Or wait -.-

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Grand Pulse is doing nothing for me, and I think I already missed some random cutcene because I didnt follow the quest indicator, I went and did random sidequests (which arent quests at all, they're just wanted posters basically) and I triggered some cutscnes in the other path I went.

So yeah, even if its bad anime, I still need my anime I guess, doing these random kill quests with no narrative isnt my cup of tea. My fear is that if I plow through the story ill be underleveled for the last chapters and will have to reload a previous save, something I do NOT want to do. Mweh.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-B2B176F7A9BE31EC - Taken by madjoki. 22 entrants total.

t1484753781z1.png

gelf

I've been gaming for decades and still I struggle to move and shoot as my aim goes to shit. Sadly I don't get much joy from playing pure shooters so Doom was never really a consideration for me.

That video is about how I would go if trying to make gameplay footage. Other action genres I'd generally be fine with though.

NeoRaider

I won this one in @Giant Panda giveaway last night, at least that's what i thought. When i went to activate it (HB gift link) it turned out to be Pony Island, game that i already own. RIP. XD

Just wanted to say that @Giant Panda fixed this for me and sent me the right link for Refunct. Thanks. :)

Got an email from Microsoft:
Greetings from
Microsoft Studios User Research!

We're contacting you because we want to better understand the needs of people who play games.

We want to hear from all types of people: it doesn't matter if you play casual games on your PC, spend all your time gaming on your phone, or you play first-person shooters on your console. We want to hear from everyone!

Below, you'll find a link to a survey that should take around 20 minutes to complete. This survey will cover your gaming preferences, habits, and some demographic information.

Is this where I tell them to shove the Windows Store? And the link to the survey if you want to harass them too:
https://s-413062-i.sgizmo.com/s3/i-8YVqgyCam5JfmqMpn-1660025/?sguid=8YVqgyCam5JfmqMpn

iTpJXTa.gif

Really, it's inevitable. Some of it tends to be people approaching a game with a chip on their shoulder ("That game isn't that good") and some of it will be a complete mismatch (the consensus surrounds a game that is all action but the person who plays it because it hits GOTY is into methodical story-driven content.)

I mean, we just had a shit-flinging contest over Rogue Legacy, and that won SteamGAF-GOTY years ago.

Let me be the first to say Happy Bday to myself. (Jan 18 here)
d1a42f1589.gif

Happy birthday!

Is this where I tell them to shove the Windows Store? And the link to the survey if you want to harass them too:
https://s-413062-i.sgizmo.com/s3/i-8YVqgyCam5JfmqMpn-1660025/?sguid=8YVqgyCam5JfmqMpn

I selected that I'm playing a PC game and have been playing it for a bit more than 6 months, the next step says "you said you are playing CS:GO"

Looks like they can't even get surveys right :(

EDIT: I'm dumb, that link autocompletes stuff based on the things that Crimsonclaw said.

Happy birthday!

I selected that I'm playing a PC game and have been playing it for a bit more than 6 months, the next step says "you said you are playing CS:GO"

Looks like they can't even get surveys right :(

EDIT: I'm dumb, that link autocompletes stuff based on the things that Crimsonclaw said.
Oh, lol. Someone is going through it right now because I just clicked it and see a dragon quest question.

Steamgaf Plays Microsoft Survey

Endruen

Anybody else ever alt+tab out of a game and then forget to go back for like....20 minutes?

I usually do.
Once, I totally forgot I alt-tabbed while being dead on Heroes of the Storm waiting for the respawn. My teammates weren't happy about it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-B8AE71C4C416E834 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

Parsnip

#NotMyGOTY

I wonder if there's a link that would be generic rather than your unique survey. I didn't get an email myself. Maybe it's sending one out to people who own games on the Win10 store?

gngf123

So:

Salt & Sanctuary for 33% + 10% = 10.84$

OR

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight 30% = 194 NTD (6.16 USD)

Choicesssss

Or wait -.-

They both fall on a 2D Dark Souls - Castlevania spectrum. S&S being much closer to Dark Souls.

Momodora is great and I think it's a shame it didn't make SteamGAFs GOTY top 10. It was my number 2.

Amzin

The demo did absolutely nothing for me. Even the "classic" level bit did nothing. Such a shame.

I didn't play the demo but I would assume it's at the beginning of the game, which is all really boring. I barely got through the first 3ish levels and the game finally picked up but that's a lot of investment for a FPS campaign, especially compared to other top tier ones like Wolfenstein and Titanfall2. Doubly so because if you aren't going out of your way to hunt down the secrets you actually lose out on a lot of options.

What the game does in the second half, it does do really well. But it could have been significantly better.

Anno

The mission select/custom difficulty patch for Dishonored 2 is up on the beta branch. Also a ton of bug fixes and some general optimization I guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, poor developers of Steam Mover and the like. They're coming for you next JShackles!

I dream of the day that Enhanced Steam is 100% irrelevant.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Playing through Uncharted 4, what a game.

Definitely need to start Tomb Raider on Steam, so I can get Rise in a sale

Tizoc

Playing through Uncharted 4, what a game.

Definitely need to start Tomb Raider on Steam, so I can get Rise in a sale

Uncharted 4 would've benefited from being an adventure game without any gunfights.
While I like the UC series shooting, they should've turned it into another separate game.

Really UC4 has elements of a proper adventure game with the light puzzles but the overall package is just a mediocre game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom