• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-4921A6BEFF0F1620 - Taken by jtb. 2 entrants total.
CrazyCars3D -- MB-FDEED25DDEE700A4 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
FAIRYLAND: INCURSION -- MB-EE78CB06D3BED2E0 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
One More Dungeon -- MB-2ED3AC3A93D816BC - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Operation KREEP -- MB-544EB655049E9F6A - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for ABC Coloring Town was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackShadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chess Knight 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Data Hacker Corruption was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Defense of Egypt Cleopatra Mission was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Elements Soul of Fire was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fantastic Checkers 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fort Defense was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Iesabel was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Incitement 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor Chickenator DLC was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ludo Supremo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Merchants of Kaidan was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mimic Arena was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Puzzles Under The Hill was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sparkle 2 Evo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sparkle 3 Genesis was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Adventures of Tree was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Hidden Dragon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1484773937z1.png

Nzyme32

Ooh, Long War mod for XCOM 2 was finished and no one told me!?!?!

They haven't released it yet.

Releasing soon but still a bit secretive. TotalBiscuit and a few others have been playing it privately for a while now. TotalBiscuit describes what they are doing as "insane" with lots of content. So I expect a literal super long war, and judging by some of the features revealed, a shit ton of effort has gone into it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Note: The key you added for ABC Coloring Town was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackShadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chess Knight 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CrazyCars3D was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Data Hacker Corruption was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Defense of Egypt Cleopatra Mission was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Elements Soul of Fire was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FAIRYLAND INCURSION was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fantastic Checkers 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Fort Defense was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Iesabel was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Incitement 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor Chickenator DLC was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ludo Supremo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Merchants of Kaidan was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mimic Arena was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for One More Dungeon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Operation KREEP was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Puzzles Under The Hill was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sparkle 2 Evo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sparkle 3 Genesis was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Stronghold Crusader 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Adventures of Tree was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Hidden Dragon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1484774185z1.png

Pakkidis

Ok so this is new

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

30 Aug, 2016
Castle of Illusion
Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.

If you would like to purchase the item, please visit the Steam Store. Otherwise you may choose to delete the local content associated with these games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never seen this before. I can't remember where I bought it from but im almost positive it was from a reputable website i.e bundlestars, humble bundle, indiegala etc. as I don't buy anywhere else. The whole reason I bought it was because it was being discontinued in the first place :(

Ok so this is new

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

30 Aug, 2016
Castle of Illusion
Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.

If you would like to purchase the item, please visit the Steam Store. Otherwise you may choose to delete the local content associated with these games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never seen this before. I can't remember where I bought it from but im almost positive it was from a reputable website i.e bundlestars, humble bundle, indiegala etc. as I don't buy anywhere else. The whole reason I bought it was because it was being discontinued in the first place :(

Lot of people have been getting it.

Ascheroth

Played a little bit of Victor Vran. Very good game so far.

Man, I could only buy Humble bundles every year and would still have more quality games than I could ever play.

JakeD

The new Humble Book Bundle is a collection of Image comics. Strongly recommend grabbing the highest tier.

definitely in for the $10, you think it's worth jumping to the $15 or $20 for someone who's never gotten into image comics but is intrigued?

Vuze

DualShock 4 SteamGAF, which bluetooth adapter are you using for the controller? I had a cheap tiny nub around but the controller disconnects and lags heavily when I'm only away like two or three meters from the PC (works fine if I'm sitting right in front of it). So I guess it's utter garbage and need something proper for that fine Cemu TV experience. Suggestions?

But perhaps I will just borrow my brother's Steam controller and see how it works as a WiiU gamepad replacment. Doesn't use it anyway lol

Kudo

DualShock 4 SteamGAF, which bluetooth adapter are you using for the controller? I had a cheap tiny nub around but the controller disconnects and lags heavily when I'm only away like two or three meters from the PC (works fine if I'm sitting right in front of it). So I guess it's utter garbage and need something proper for that fine Cemu TV experience. Suggestions?

I think some people fixed their problems just switching from USB3 port to USB2, but I have Plugable Bluetooth adapter and no problems here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

But perhaps I will just borrow my brother's Steam controller and see how it works as a WiiU gamepad replacment. Doesn't use it anyway lol

I recently bought the official adapter when it was on sale at Newegg for $10. I've only used it a handful of times but I like it and it worked perfectly right out of the box. In Windows 10 I didn't even have to install any drivers.

Playing audio from the headphone jack on the controller, wirelessly, is pretty awesome.

Vuze

I think some people fixed their problems just switching from USB3 port to USB2, but I have Plugable Bluetooth adapter and no problems here.
Ah interesting, I'm using USB3 so that might help. thanks for the heads up.
I recently bought the official adapter when it was on sale at Newegg for $10. I've only used it a handful of times but I like it and it worked perfectly right out of the box.
Completly forgot about that piece of hardware. It's incredibly expensive here however (26€ shipped or higher) but I guess that would be the best solution.

ArjanN

Honestly the most mindboggling design decision i've seen in a game in quite a while.

I don't understand the complaints about the walking in Furi at all. It's like a minute or two tops of story exposition between fairly long fights, and you don't have to watch them more than once.
Hell, on replays you can just do the speedrun mode. or skip directly to inidvidual bosses.

It just makes me think people complaining about it have the attention span of a goldfish or no concept of pacing at all.

Grief.exe

I recently bought the official adapter when it was on sale at Newegg for $10. I've only used it a handful of times but I like it and it worked perfectly right out of the box. In Windows 10 I didn't even have to install any drivers.

Playing audio from the headphone jack on the controller, wirelessly, is pretty awesome.

Does the official adapter support xinput or dinput?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does the official adapter support xinput or dinput?

It doesn't support xinput, but it's officially supported in Steam now - so for most games it's (right click game -> configure controller -> select "gamepad" -> play) and it works like my old Xbox One controller on all the games I've tested so far.

Some games, like Owlboy, picked it up right away without any fuss and even had the PS4 button prompts in-game.

Hektor

I don't understand the complaints about the walking in Furi at all. It's like a minute or two tops of story exposition between fairly long fights, and you don't have to watch them more than once.
Hell, on replays you can just do the speedrun mode. or skip directly to inidvidual bosses.

It just makes me think people complaining about it have the attention span of a goldfish or no concept of pacing at all.

It's actually up to 5 minutes per scene. It's up to 5 mintues in which you do nothing but pressing the stick into a direction (or use the auto-walk button), while listening to overly ambigous exposition that doesn't say anything of meaning.

It just didn't add anything to my experience and felt like one big waste of time.

You can achieve slow pacing for cooldown phases in between bosess without taking away the fun i had playing the game.

voodooray

Received a follow-up from gamesplanet about the Castle of Illusion revoke:

We've investigated the case and SEGA will be reactivating the keys within the next 24-48 hours. I am sorry that this happened and hope it doesn't cause you any issues again. It's not fun when a customer gets a revoke and we're not in the business to cheat gamers, sadly this was out of our control.

Nzyme32

Received a follow-up from gamesplanet about the Castle of Illusion revoke:

Shame they didn't provide the more detailed info, since that makes it clear that this is closer to the publisher side of things rather than anything to do with them and their store.

ArjanN

It's actually up to 5 minutes per scene. It's up to 5 mintues in which you do nothing but pressing the stick into a direction (or use the auto-walk button), while listening to overly ambigous exposition that doesn't say anything of meaning.

It just didn't add anything to my experience and felt like one big waste of time.

You can achieve slow pacing for cooldown phases in between bosess without taking away the fun i had playing the game.

They're essentially just cutscenes, and IMO pretty well done, but that's obviously subjective. Still, there's more downtime in practically any other game that isn't an 80s arcade game, so it always seemed like a weird overreaction to me.

Vuze

Steam controller is pretty cool for WiiU gamepad emulation. I think I'll stick with it for that. Wasn't even aware it had two paddles at the back, pretty useful for modifier shifting (i.e. hold left paddle to transform right pad into a mouse for touch screen input).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
IndieGala ‏@IndieGala 22m22 minutes ago
Well don't just sit there!

Get the #HumpDay #Bundle NOW and get a #giveaway #Steam key of Between Me and The Night! http://bit.ly/2dZOySz

well thats fucking bullshit for people that bought the bundle earlier. Hell, Between Me and The Night looks arguably better than any of the games in the bundle >_>

edit: actually I think that tweet is incorrect, bundles usually dont count as store purchases for those extra games.

madjoki

Yet another game removed for review manipulation:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/506170/announcements/detail/597125549182422443

We (Valve) have identified unacceptable behavior involving multiple Steam accounts controlled by the developer of this game, Brian King. The developer appears to have used multiple Steam accounts to post a positive review for their own game. This is a clear violation of our review policy and something we take very seriously.

For these reasons, we are ending our business relationship with Brian King and removing this game from sale. If you have previously purchased this game, it will remain accessible in your Steam library.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Note: The key you added for CrazyCars3D was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FAIRYLAND INCURSION was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for One More Dungeon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Operation KREEP was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Stronghold Crusader 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1484782838z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom