• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Almost forgot about Green man gaming... 72 bucks for the total RE7 package... Is still bad, but cheaper. I wish Berseria and Tekken 7 were on there as well :(

Going to be so drunk by the time RE7 actually unpacks, which means I'll actually be able to get through it woot. I've become such a baby with horror games in recent years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
South Park: A Stick of Truth didn't use Uplay. The sequel might though. The last game I played that used Uplay was Might & Magic X - Legacy, and that was definitely worth it.

Stick of Truth doesn't use Uplay as, unlike EA, Ubi doesn't force its own platform down the throats of its third-party partners. The Fractured But Whole, on the other hand, is an internal endeavour with a higher-than-low budget and consequently is required to use Uplay.

Tizoc

I looked through the .ini files for that boss and didn't see a variable that clearly corresponded to the QTE timing, so I didn't change anything. I'm sure one of them did, though!

You are certain you applied this?
Possible Fix for Quick time Events [60FPS+]

For all users with Impossible QTE´s after changing to 60FPS and a lil bit above. After testing things out for some time i maybe found an "acceptable" solution to fix the QTE´s.This small Fix worked up to 75FPS.

Go to your KID Folder. C:programs (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > Killer is Dead > Kid Game > Config > DefaultGame.ini

At the beginning you will find the Informations that we need to get the Problem fixed. Just change the values and replace the standard ones with my values.

- ;massageで回復するレート
mRevive_MassageRecoveryRate = 2.8
- ;massageによるHealth が下がるレート
mRevive_MassageHealtDownRate = 0.95
-;massageによる一番連打を必要とする力の量
mRevive_MassageDownPowerMax = 18.5

Ludens

Banned
Even the spin offs?

I was talking about the FF on Steam.
Never played FF Tactics (well, I tried it on PS1 back in days but I found it too hard, I was a kid), Chocobo Racing, Mystic Quest etc.
But I played all numbered FF, including 1, 2, 3, 4,5 and 6 in their original form, XIII sequels etc.

I want to. It looks fantastic, but Resident Evil 7 got my money this month. It's definitely on my wishlist, though.

You can finish RE7 in a day or so anyway. Play Berseria after that.

PS4 Pro version of RE7 look pretty much identical to a super high end PC aside from the FOV.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198233

Pro is a beast & PC is doomed!

Anyway, they don't actually look identical at all to me. Pro version looks blurry and the CA just makes it worse. Does the blur come from CA?

Momentary

Banned
Anyway, they don't actually look identical at all to me. Pro version looks blurry and the CA just makes it worse. Does the blur come from CA?

CA is basically used as a cheap way to combat aliasing these days. It does blur the image and gives it that unfocused look which is caused by colors not converging at points which causes colors to fringe on the edge of objects. It gives me a bad headache.

I know youre all playing Resident Evil, but i had some great first hours in Xcom 2 and DDDA and i can totally understand why these games are goty candidates. Cant wait to go on with these
and play around with its character editors

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone complaining about uwp in a RE7 thread after getting fucked by uwp before.

94TBSAf.gif

Mugen08

Per recommendation earlier in this thread I bought Momodora yesterday and yes it is good! 'Hard' difficulty is indeed hard, too hard for me so playing on normal now. Not done yet but thanks for highlighting it, was able to get it while on discount as well.

derFeef

I got that crazy deal for the Steam version of RE7 deluxe edition. Right before they announced the Play Anywhere support - really crappy since I would have enjoyed having both versions. :-/

kionedrik

Gonna have to disagree. They put commercials on prime-time television and they didn't once mention "from the makers of Borderlands," just a tiny Gearbox logo at the end of the commercial. So a regular TV-watching joe who doesn't absorb lots of gaming news online - or a kid - probably wouldn't have made the connection. They'd just go by what they saw, and that was "looks like Overwatch, only not as good."

I was mostly talking about people like us, enthusiasts that tend to be informed on these subjects. Other than CoD, Battlefield and some sport franchises, I'm quite skeptical of the affect these type of commercials have on the purchasing habits of an average Joe. Also, did Overwatch also have a big commercial push on TV? How would the average Joe know about Overwatch?

Mugen08

Will it be released on PC? Or any entry of this series?

Recently a representative of Atlus/publisher said that Yakuza 0 and the future entries (Kiwami & 6) will be PS4 exclusives. Classic stupid Sega decision. You can buy the PS2-versions of Yakuza 1&2 and play with PCSX2 (also need an old PS2 to dump a Bios from) and you will basically be playing 1+2 "HD edition". Yakuza 1 has not aged well though, part 2 I would call the foundation that all later entries have built upon.

Buzzi

I have this thirst for a good Golf game (I loved Everybody's Golf on PSV), I installed Vertiginous Golf which was dormant in my library since it was free, but it's not that good, plus it's MINI golf...any suggestion for a better golf game on Steam? I searched but found only average rated VR games.

Arminsc

I just have 3 more chapters of Ada Campaign of RE6 to play today, and then onto RE7!

I'm actually liking RE6 more than I thought I would, I don't know why I didn't play it earlier.

When you start to sober up and RE7 is scary again.

This series has had such an interesting progression between the numbered entries though. 2 hours in and this feels completely self contained and I'm interested to see how it eventually gets tied in.

Do keep getting weird drops from steady 60 to the mid 20s every hour though. Going to restart and see if it continues

Wok

So how many demos have Humble Monthly provided so far?

• December 2015: Shadwen
  • February 2016: Planetoid Pioneers
  • August 2016: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack
  • September 2016: The Uncertain: Episode 1: The Demo
  • October 2016: Fidel (I am uncertain about this one, it is a sneak peek, which might just be the equivalent of a demo, with the release of the full game this semester)
  • February 2017: Hollow Knight

Deques

Little preview of next month's Humble Monthly.

This is for Hollow Knight, their very stylish Metroid-em-up. The short beta thing they did last year already played very well, and the game is gorgeous. I'm hyped.

Wait, what? Another demo? Will this be counted as one of the seven uncovered games?
I don't want to pay for a demo :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
For me, I've never really seen a month of Humble Monthly that I've thought "I wish I'd subscribed", there's always been a decent game in there, but nothing that I wouldn't have waited for a sale on if I was going to pick it up, and not knowing what you're getting just makes it too much of a risk for me personally. I'm surprised it's still going strong, but I suppose it's not been around for all that long yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom