• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC threads are like cringe compilations eventually you just become numb

xdZFU3z.jpg

Ozium

when I want to play a game I don't want to have to fiddle with the settings for an hour and spend even longer trying to fix driver errors, I just want to play. consoles are so easy, just pop the disc in and you're good to go.. you might have to download a day one patch, but the download speed is nice and slow and gives you ample time to make and eat a couple of sandwiches.. no one likes to game while hungry...

edit: wrong thread

Vamphuntr

Just don't go in threads like that if it makes you angry. I mean it's pretty obvious what most of the posts will look like. Mental gymnastic as to why their choice is the best even when it's obviously hard to justify. Other terrible threads: the paying for online multiplayer and the banned twitch game or any threads damage controlling the shortcoming of the Switch. I went into the twitch banned game thread, just into the first page I saw the words SJW, anime, school girls and I already understood what kind of game it was and why it would be banned. Youtubed it and it's pretty obvious. Yet the thread is filled with bad analogies with South Park, Bully and whatnot and how people don't understand the game. I mean yeah Twitch has issues being consistent at banning and stuff pass through the cracks but it's pretty obvious why that one was banned but it's always the same people defending the same ideas and being loud and hostile about it. In the paid online thread there was someone that kept posting the same ideas and ignoring counter points or brushing them off again and again.

I miss the let's play thread GAF used to do T.T

Endruen

when I want to play a game I don't want to have to fiddle with the settings for an hour and spend even longer trying to fix driver errors, I just want to play. consoles are so easy, just pop the disc in and you're good to go.. you might have to download a day one patch, but the download speed is nice and slow and gives you ample time to make and eat a couple of sandwiches.. no one likes to game while hungry...

Totally not intended at all.

neoemonk

The paid online thread was almost as bad as well. I just come back here to the Steam thread when I need to get away. It has become my favorite place on GAF.

Ghazi

Hmmmm

Drakhyrr

Excuse me guys, I just noticed that Immortal Defense is on sale for 75% off.

This is a tower defense game, though it may look like a bullet hell if you watch the trailers - don't worry, the game eases you slowly into the chaos, so everything will make sense. Speaking of gameplay, the most different characteristic is that your mouse cursor is itself a weapon, so you're always actively participating in one way or another...

Let's put it this way. The gameplay is fine. It does it's job, and shouldn't give you anything to complain about, and is indeed generally fun. But that's not why I'm recommending this game.

I'm doing it because the story is amazing. It's not actually complicated, the writing is technically simple, nothing too hard... And it will stay in your head for weeks. Scratch that, I've played it 2 years ago and I still find myself thinking about it ocasionally. It's very, very thought provoking. I'd put it in the top tier of video game stories myself.

It's really cheap right now so, if you like games with good stories, just go and get it.

Erekiddo

Been out of the Steam thread for a bit due to... Stardew.

Do those $35 RE7 keys from cdkeys remain iffy? I've heard whispers about key locking.

Matthew Taranto (Brawl in the Family) advertised it during the Tadpole Treble Kickstarter. I believe he composed some of the music for Nefarious as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. What sort of blurbs do you mean? I'm relatively new to the Steam OT.

Check out the OP, "New Releases of the Month." There haven't been many submissions as of late, but folks can send short write-ups for game that come out in the month. PM them to MRORANGE and he'll make a nice graphic and put them in the Feb OT.

Anno

Little preview of next month's Humble Monthly.

Team Cherry @TeamCherryGames said:
Big news! Subscribers to @humble Monthly Bundle will get a "Sneak Peek" of Hollow Knight (Feb. 3rd)! humblebundle.com/monthly Try it early!!

This is for Hollow Knight, their very stylish Metroid-em-up. The short beta thing they did last year already played very well, and the game is gorgeous. I'm hyped.

neoemonk

I saw Wings of Liberty on sale at Toys R Us for $10 a number of years ago. That's pretty close to free. I bought it and still haven't played it.

This is for Hollow Knight, their very stylish Metroid-em-up. The short beta thing they did last year already played very well, and the game is gorgeous. I'm hyped.

Considering I already have XCOM 2 I was still not sure if I was going to get next months bundle. Another demo instead of a game makes my choice nice and easy! Thanks Humble.

illusionary

The game looks neat, but I'm going to have to join the anti-demo sentiment. I guess that XCOM 2's high RRP may be impacting on how much else gets included this month.

Check out the OP, "New Releases of the Month." There haven't been many submissions as of late, but folks can send short write-ups for game that come out in the month. PM them to MRORANGE and he'll make a nice graphic and put them in the Feb OT.

Could I make one for Nefarious even though it launched this month? Because I don't really know anything coming out next month...

rickyson1

XSEED/Marvelous USA PC status update:

Trails in the Sky 3rd is chugging along and should be out in Spring 2017. Benefits of being able to do all the PC work in-house without having to rely on Falcom and the ability to edit and test all work locally.

damn was kinda hoping that would be later in the year

way too much stuff I care about coming out in the Spring as it is

Has anyone here played Hellenica? How is it?
That seems like it could be incredible, would love to hear some impressions as well. Timeline reminded me of Tactics Ogre although with much less branching. Let us Cling Together is such an incredible game.

Difference between the great sprites and really generic character art in Hellenica is odd though.

Teggy

So I have this weird thing where I sometimes need to get myself to go downstairs to use my PC and consoles because I feel weirdly isolated from the rest of the house down there and wish all my stuff was upstairs.

So I put my Steam link, which I've hardly ever used, on my upstairs living room tv to see how it would work. And hey this is cool, I'm playing RE6 in 1080p60 on my 50" tv. And then after about 60 seconds it freezes. So I reboot and the same thing happens again.

Why can't stuff just work?

zkylon

zkylewd
That seems like it could be incredible, would love to hear some impressions as well. Timeline reminded me of Tactics Ogre although with much less branching. Let us Cling Together is such an incredible game.

Difference between the great sprites and really generic character art in Hellenica is odd though.
i should really play let us cling together

Anno

I think I prefer the gameplay of the original, but TO:LUCT is a game I've probably put 300+ hours into. It's probably the game I would most like to see a sequel to of anything provided it's the same team and whatnot, which is probably impossible. It's totally ruined my ability to go back to FFT, as much as I love that game too.

Does the RE7 season pass grant anything day 1?

I wonder how many of the people in the other thread who don't care about graphical or performance improvements hang in Pro threads in utter astonishment of the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom