• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Is this a known gem or something of that nature?
I don't know if I'd call it a gem, but from what I've seen of it in speedruns it looks like a well-implemented Megaman-type game.

Also, it has a ridiculous pseudo-German name that will make me smile every time I see it in my library.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There are various Megaman-like fangames from Japan. Steam already has 2 at least: Legend of Dark Witch duology.
Ah right, I forgot about the Dark Witch games. The Japanese doujin scene is pretty interesting, even though the only way I can explore it is from these games getting onto Steam.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The thing I find unlikely about Gamepump is that anyone would pay the $60 a year, even $20 a year doesn't seem worth it to me, but if their financial model relies on the $5 per game long term I just can't see that working out.

It doesn't rely on it. GAMEPUMP will be publishing these games on Steam and will probably hope to make their money there.

This early incentive program is most likely just to build some early buzz and get the easy money early.

I want to play RE7, but cannot activate my $30 key right now because someone might buy it for me.

I didn't tell them I bought it but hinted I'd prefer Picross 3D 2 instead :x

venomenon

Also, it has a ridiculous pseudo-German name that will make me smile every time I see it in my library.
Right? I read about it for the first time here and am inclined to get it just for its absolutely beautiful name.

(it's proper German actually, it might even make sense in the context of the game)

Lomax

It doesn't rely on it. GAMEPUMP will be publishing these games on Steam and will probably hope to make their money there.

This early incentive program is most likely just to build some early buzz and get the easy money early.

But even then, if we're assuming $5 per game is a "blind discount" price, retail on steam will probably be $10 each or more, and do we really think they'll be delivering stuff people want in that price range? Granted, they would only really need one breakout hit, but with steam (and even GOG really) so oversaturated I just question their chances. I fully expect to see them rebundling the games in search of additional revenue, but that would also sabotage their initial model. I feel like if this was being done by humble bundle or GOG themselves it would seem a lot more feasible but considering they are already having issues, it makes me wonder if they can even last the whole year, much less make a business out of it.

That said, I hope it works out, more classic games available is always better. Personally I couldn't imagine any 12 games like they describe being worth $20 (much less $60) to me, but most people here are much more collectors than I am.

duckroll

Gamepump ain't publishing jack shit. They're just going to refund the tiny 600 people or so who got pumped and dumped, and the site will never be updated again.

Mivey

Gamepump ain't publishing jack shit. They're just going to refund the tiny 600 people or so who got pumped and dumped, and the site will never be updated again.
The whole point was to start a cult of believers, indoctrinate them and use them as a personal army for the Gamepump executive officers to use.
And they would have gotten away with, if it wasn't for them meddling kids!

Pretty much this. I already scored my refund. From now on, it's nothing but top quality games that will receive my money: Groupees bundles.

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era" (when there wasn't a lot of competition)?

Late, but VVVVVV and World of Goo are timeless, in my honest opinion. Their mechanics still hold up just fine. I'm not familiar with Thomas though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i want to jump off the PUMP train but too lazy to do it

I was too but do it

edit: oh apparently they are just doing refunds for everyone? welp its dead alright lol

edit: just checked paypal and I got nothing

gngf123

I was too but do it

edit: oh apparently they are just doing refunds for everyone? welp its dead alright lol

edit: just checked paypal and I got nothing

Check the Gamepump thread, multiple people have been given unrequested refunds but not everyone yet. Should be more being sent out.

Uzzy

I'm setting up a new monthly subscription service which will deliver bridges straight to your Steam account. Every month, another classic bridge.

Doomedfool

New Prey looks like System Shock/Bioshock so i am fin with that. :D

Yep. Looks like it's right up my alley. I'm going to wait to see what the performance on pc is like before I worry about getting it, though. Hoping they learned from Dishonored 2, but I don't have that much faith in these sort of things.

dex3108

Yep. Looks like it's right up my alley. I'm going to wait to see what the performance on pc is like before I worry about getting it, though. Hoping they learned from Dishonored 2, but I don't have that much faith in these sort of things.

Prey uses CryEngine so it should run better by default :D

AHA-Lambda

So an Apocalypse Now game, huh...

We already have two Godfather games, so FFC is going for the hat-trick. Interesting to see Josh Sawyer helping out.

but-why.gif

EDIT: 2020??!

AHA-Lambda

Does RE7 story felt like a continuation of RE saga --- virus, evil company, conspiracy and the like, or more of a side story?

haven't finished it yet but

pretty much nothing to do with rest of series so far, I think I've noticed one raccoon city reference and that's it?

tbh I'm totally ok with it, the RE lore at this point is Kojima-esque in how unnecessarily convuluted it is

C4rter

GMG Bundle Duplicates

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BALLISTICK -- MB-6A40CFEFEFB74C82 - Taken by voodooray
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE -- MB-53F1BF2551892216
ORBURON -- MB-2DE654905C2A568F
THE DETAIL EPISODE 1 -- MB-D0C4CD5E6EE6298A - Taken by dave is ok
THE JOYLANCER LEGENDARY MOTOR KNIGHT -- MB-8472A94E910E058E - Taken by ussjtrunks
VELOCIBOX -- MB-F041578528AEF14F - Taken by Kifimbo

Lomax

I'd be fascinated to know what percentage of those 600 Gamepump subscribers actually came from this thread, because I bet it was actually the vast majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom