• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I'm curious to see how that character sheathes that.

Like so:
c3cuysgueaaa8jmw6uas.jpg

I just found this Steam curator: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6858135-J-Indie-Arcade/
Which is really informative IMHO. Probably the most useful curator I've encountered for actually discovering and learning about more obscure games. Found 3 I might be interested in that I didn't know about.

Also, I feel like I finished my tour of duty in the gaming-side PC thread, someone else take over.

This curator has already proven worthwhile.

Socially conservative sea creatures have constructed a water filled screen to hide the Pretty Girls from view. But please don't panic! Use your special tool to penetrate the barrier and reveal the girls while avoiding getting caught. Girls will gradually disrobe from stage to stage to reward you for your success.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Ive installed games 40 gb and more and they didnt take too long>_>

then I don't know :p

I just didn't find it too strange that it could take some time to install really big games on a PS4...

disclaimer: I don't own a PS4 so I have no clue at all

Parsnip

I need some help from a smart technical person:

Basically, every once or twice a month at complete random, my PC's display(s) will cut out for less than a second and return - at which point there are no issues. Why? I haven't seen any updates or anything going on, cables are all fine and it effects any display or port...

I have no idea what's happening with it... windows updates maybe?

Do you update your gpu drivers manually? From the description it sounds like it might be that Windows is pushing you gpu driver updates through wupdate and that might cause that. Just a guess though.

gngf123

I just found this Steam curator: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6858135-J-Indie-Arcade/
Which is really informative IMHO. Probably the most useful curator I've encountered for actually discovering and learning about more obscure games. Found 3 I might be interested in that I didn't know about.

Also, I feel like I finished my tour of duty in the gaming-side PC thread, someone else take over.

I've been following this curator for a while. I really like them, and have found a lot of games that are good through them.

Some games are really rough doujin releases, but those are easy to recognize.

Phawx

Oh wow, Citra has made some really decent improvement lately.
Just tried Etrian Odyssey Remake. 60 fps (with some JIT stutter here and there), music, up to 4x internal resolution with no noticable slowdown.
Good that we will have the 3DS games preserved, those consoles with their Flash based BIOSes will stop working sooner or later.

On a larf I started looking into the whole 3DS scene to see what has changed a week ago.

It's pretty crazy.

My n3DS is now overclocked and Luigi's Mansion ramps up to 60FPS far more often than it did previously. I also have the katsukitty mod installed so I can do hardware level capture. I should record the differences.

Still glad Citra is making good strides. Just being able to increase internal resolution on 3DS is HUGE. Makes games look super impressive.

Eurotech iOO is what I use. It's a mesh design and distributes your weight well while keeping you cool

I have an Aeron Miller all mesh chair. All mesh is the superior computer chair.

Durante

Just tried Etrian Odyssey Remake. 60 fps (with some JIT stutter here and there), music, up to 4x internal resolution with no noticable slowdown.
Good that we will have the 3DS games preserved, those consoles with their Flash based BIOSes will stop working sooner or later.
Do you still need to merge an external pull request and compile your own to get controller support, or have they integrated that now?

kagamin

I tried EO2U a few weeks ago when I was bored and looking through all the games I dumped, and it ran pretty consistently well outside of the opening video.

Knurek

Do you still need to merge an external pull request and compile your own to get controller support, or have they integrated that now?

What's the point, when you can just run through Steam and setup SteamCon/Xinput controller to match the keyboard?
But no, no controller support in the main tree

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zkylon you should know tht RE7 WILL trigger your creepy crawlies phobia

Wok

I'm HUMBLE.
1f440.png

9DDzGMf.png

These games could be released tomorrow. What if they are in the BTA of the bundle? What else could explain the 2-day delay?

Nzyme32

Do you update your gpu drivers manually? From the description it sounds like it might be that Windows is pushing you gpu driver updates through wupdate and that might cause that. Just a guess though.

Yeah, but checking through the log that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll attempt switching cables sometime soon, but its not a huge deal thankfully

Backlogger

If you can't convince people of their flawed arguments I'm not sure I could. Plus if I get too into it I'm likely to get banned lol.

Mivey

Come to think of it, Valve should add an "anti-Curator" functionality: Hide everything that a certain curator likes from me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
spiders are some of the creepy crawlies :3

Pachimari

Guys, have any of you experienced, that the subtitles doesn't match the voices in Resident Evil 7? I play in English, but the subtitles can't keep up with the voice acting. Can this be fixed?

And this is how my game looks:

What settings demand a lot from your PC? I turned off bloom, motion blur, dynamic shadows, chromatic abberation, and these are the rest of my settings on a GTX 780:

Anti-aliasing: FXAA+TAA
Depth of Field: On
Shadow Quality: High
Shadow Cache: On
Ambient Occlusion: SSAO (variable)
Lens Flare: On
Volumetric Lighting Quality: Low
Reflections: On
Subsurface Scattering: Off

Anno

Pillars of Eternity 2 is presumably being announced tomorrow an hour before Humble normally refreshes, so maybe a chance to pick up the first game with some similar stuff.

Kifimbo

Pillars of Eternity 2 is presumably being announced tomorrow an hour before Humble normally refreshes, so maybe a chance to pick up the first game with some similar stuff.

I could see an Obsidian Humble Bundle with the first PoE in the higher tier. It would imply Square Enix (Dungeon Siege III), Disney (Star Wars), SEGA (Alpha Protoco), Ubisoft (South Park) and/or Bethesda (Fallout New Vegas) are on board. Which makes it less likely.

Rhaknar

"Celebration of the Overseas Release of the Steam Version and FINAL FANATASY VII REMAKE Collaboration Event"

putersmash.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ABC Coloring Town -- MB-1812E3313FD69CE7
BlackShadows -- MB-83EC5A23EBB42BF8
Chess Knight 2 -- MB-F1239F54AD5FA544 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Corruption -- MB-A71446CE8EC741AF - Taken by PaulSane. 3 entrants total.
Defend Your Life -- MB-2E031ED9670BB38C - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Defense of Egypt Cleopatra Mission -- MB-F59A2300866D17FC
Demon Hearts -- MB-078DC9930599BAE8 - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-0F087C28E39D09DB - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 -- MB-E4946EEB2155679F
Fantastic Checkers 2 -- MB-F027051716711A71
Fort Defense -- MB-408035897A8763A3 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Gal-X-E -- MB-87BBB648C413582B - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Ghostship Aftermath -- MB-C4E3D3406F408D96 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Iesabel -- MB-AE7F74EA0ECB1829 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-519045877829EC49 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Killing Floor Chickenator DLC -- MB-D95F7341D4855883 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Ludo Supremo -- MB-36C8D8028C5F5804
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-3B8703B931EEE5CB - Taken by Zia. 1 entrants total.
Mimic Arena -- MB-AC761EBD803238D9 - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.
NAL Is Alive -- MB-0D2A5D97CC13AABB - Taken by septicore. 5 entrants total.
Operation KREEP -- MB-544EB655049E9F6A - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Puzzles Under The Hill -- MB-D26E039A49CDE348
Rogue Port Red Nightmare -- MB-43F4D09908E62BE1 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-7B1D031CCA623791
Ruzh Delta Z #2 -- MB-17ECD856A7F8E259
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
SkyTime -- MB-8D4580592D67F81F - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-4F727BC2FA1391B4
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-BED672909B186DA7
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-47EFC0D425C0EAC2
The Hidden Dragon -- MB-F0528A5B20C93983
The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare -- MB-3BCC19D6F67BA564
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-5CBD886B29AEB573
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge -- MB-883A13F689C037B5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.

t1485394440z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom