• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

The issue with Alice is the length of the game, the only boss like thing in the game sucks and overall they ditched some basic things like hanging from ledges and ignoring some items Alice had in the previous game. Its a fun platformer but it has a fair share of issues that might be hard to overlook by some. The story is interesting and the gameplay is solid even if the combat is extremely basic.

I understand the complaints about the length, but I enjoyed the gameplay enough that I didn't mind it. The art direction is the real draw.

Unbox is a lot better than Alice. It's like Banjo but you play as a box instead of a bear and instead of a bird you have other boxes inside you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A
moon alien would be your fifth party member.

Going back to FF4, worth doing that
Excalibur
bullshit Mr Duck or should I just fuck off to
the moon
and finish the game then? My dudes are around level 51-55 (Edge is the lowest cause he's a shitbird)

edit: Scrooge McDuck has forsaken me

yXLlatE.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Excalibur
the moon
and finish the game then? My dudes are around level 51-55 (Edge is the lowest cause he's a shitbird)

Excalibur is nice, but really not needed.
If you're overleveling, you'll beat the game pretty easy like most JRPGs.

Excalibur
the moon

edit: Scrooge McDuck has forsaken me

yXLlatE.gif

Well excuse me!

I wouldn't be able to answer anyway because I remember nothing from the gameplay side of the game.

I never understood why people hated the meat circus so much, played the Xbox version when it came out and many times after me didn't have a problem with it. I know they made the steam version a bit better and my wife played through it last year on steam and it was a piece of cake, died once.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You suck Mr Duck! :(

I need to learn to drop games i'm not enjoying. Its not like I dont have enough shit to last me a lifetime, Im literally wasting time playing something that I dont like just because im "supposed" to finish it.

And no im not talking about FF4, im actually talking about Crush Your Enemies. You know what, im deleting it, fuck it.

Just finished Ame no Marginal. That was a really nice short VN.

On the other hand, seems alt-right people left OT and are in full circles in that 2064 thread. A lot of juniors there with like less than 10 posts...

Ganado

Ah. :( I want a good 3D Platformer to scratch my itch but unfortunately I've heard Poi is over-expensive and very short.
I think Poi will be updated with more content in 2 days. I really liked what I played, so I'm gonna play it then. At least until RE7 stops fucking up.

kagamin

Oh man, I just rushed all phases of Alexander at once with my FC, took a couple of hours but that was really fun, playing melee is way harder than ranged in terms of dodging without knowing the mechanics beforehand.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Why should you care about the guy, in the end it's all about games.

True. And I do like his games. However, it seems that his work is increasingly centered on him instead of the games itself. And I don't like his "Im the James Cameron of video games" attitude.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really want a virtual pet/monster raising game in Steam. Any of those?

Also I find it weird that what is essentially a port begging thread is thriving in Gaming lol

Coreda

True. And I do like his games. However, it seems that his work is increasingly centered on him instead of the games itself. And I don't like his "Im the James Cameron of video games" attitude.

Where has he given that impression? Naturally following what went down at Konami there would be more news about him and the new beginnings for his company. Posting on Twitter an MGS pun following watching a film hardly seems like anything to be upset about.

Wok

I need to learn to drop games i'm not enjoying. Its not like I dont have enough shit to last me a lifetime, Im literally wasting time playing something that I dont like just because im "supposed" to finish it.

This is what I have been telling you, young Padawan.

Corpekata

Banned
Where has he given that impression? Naturally following what went down at Konami there would be more news about him and the new beginnings for his company. Posting on Twitter an MGS pun following watching a film hardly seems like anything to be upset about.

I disagree with him being annoyed by the tweet, but how has he NOT given that impression? His own name constantly appears within his last game and he appers within it, something only matched by like David Cage, which is not great company to keep. He is absolutely correct in that Kojima is a little bit of an egoist.

Pixieking

Banned

Wish I'd learned this before playing Life is Strange to completion.

On the plus-side, I did learn it whilst playing The Walking Dead Season 1.

I've definitely finished games out of spite a good deal of times, especially during the 52 game challenge that I gave a go at last year. Despite that, I could not get myself to go very far in Crysis 2, which I really did not expect to be as bad as it is, even despite of all I've heard of it being dumbed down over the original. I remember getting to some point where you're just inundated with wave after wave of mooks coming in through the skylights and then had to fight the chopper itself and just found it super tedious, ended up dying and the checkpoint was before the whole encounter and I had enough.

Hektor

Kojima production presents

A Hideo Kojima game

Written by Hideo Kojima

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Starring

Hideo Kojima

As

Hideo Kojima

In association with Kojima publishing

Hideo Kojima's magnum opus

Hideo Kojima: Revengeance

AHA-Lambda

You suck Mr Duck! :(

And no im not talking about FF4, im actually talking about Crush Your Enemies. You know what, im deleting it, fuck it.

Yeah I've still not learned this yet :-/

Coreda

I disagree with him being annoyed by the tweet, but how has he NOT given that impression? His own name constantly appears within his last game and he appers within it, something only matched by like David Cage, which is not great company to keep. He is absolutely correct in that Kojima is a little bit of an egoist.

So it was the MGSV intro credits alone that has given people this impression? Haven't seen anything else that would suggest he's full of himself, seems to have a rather reserved personality.

I've just seen so many posts by this point believing new KojiPro hasn't done anything apart from 'useless publicity' that I can hardly take it seriously. Meanwhile the majority of GAF seems to agree that most big studios/publishers aren't creating innovative games anymore. *shrug*

I like this version

Lain

Maybe you meant egocentric?

Kojima production presents

A Hideo Kojima game

Written by Hideo Kojima

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Starring

Hideo Kojima

As

Hideo Kojima

In association with Kojima publishing

Hideo Kojima's magnum opus

Hideo Kojima: Revengeance
Frankly the episodic format makes zero fucking sense to me.

Arthea

There is nothing wrong with a bit of egocentricity, some people need that and many creators do, not sure why would anybody be annoyed by it. Then again, I always thought that Kojima is funny, so maybe that's why it doesn't annoy me.

Coreda

Frankly the episodic format makes zero fucking sense to me.

The chopper arrivals were too long in general. The only reason the player begins in first-person is to hide the adding of weapons to the player's back when it switches to third-person. The credits seemed more like something to fill in time during this switch as they're mostly finished by the time the sequence ends. The length I guess is for immersion purposes rather than immediately being placed at the landing, and if arriving in a hostile position allows the player to shoot enemies, though it adds too much time for simple deployment.

The chopper arrivals were too long in general. The only reason the player begins in first-person is to hide the adding of weapons to the player's back when it switches to third-person. The credits seemed more like something to fill in time during this switch as they're mostly finished by the time the sequence ends. The length I guess is for immersion purposes rather than immediately being placed at the landing, and if arriving in a hostile position allows the player to shoot enemies, though it adds too much time for simple deployment.
What about game interrupting cutscenes in the middle of action with "to be continued"?

Tizoc

Anyone play the new Conan survival game? Not really a fan of the genre but I kind of want to support funcom.
Derfeef has been following the game for the past months. I do t think he got a pre release code but his interest in it got me to get it when it releases

Gonna play it after i beat dark sector tho ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom