• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for Bethesda to patch in a fun gameplay in their games.

header.jpg

Thank me later

Amzin

Fallout 4 getting free update / dlc for "high resolution textures", coninciding with PS4Pro update

I'm hoping such a large file size equates to suitable wonderful high resolution textures

What the crap? The high-res textures on Nexus that look fantastic are like... a few gigs. That size tells me they probably are doing something wonky. Or it's actually like 5 levels of high-res that you pick from in game? Regardless, F that :p I have tons of space but that's nonsense.

Megauap

What the crap? The high-res textures on Nexus that look fantastic are like... a few gigs. That size tells me they probably are doing something wonky. Or it's actually like 5 levels of high-res that you pick from in game? Regardless, F that :p I have tons of space but that's nonsense.

Have you seen the recommended system requirements? You need a 6 core processor and a Nvidia GTX 1080!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just found out most of the soundtrack on Rebel Galaxy is from an actual guy...or band, whatever it is, Blues Saraceno. This shit is my jam, time to hun down their stuff I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still do not understand the hype surrounding Horizon Zero Dawn

It's a AAA exclusive being developed by a first-party studio, so, as with every exclusive ever, to some extent the enthusiasm is purely political -- many are looking forward less to the game itself and more to the platform in question (in this case, the PS4) having another feather in its cap.

Hektor

It's gonna be a mediocre open-world action game with some RPG elements such as leveling skills in a vey linear skilltree out of multiple very linear skilltrees, featuring a rudimentary crafting system, sidemissions as well as challenges and an intruiging yet ultimately disappointing narrative with below average writing ending on an inevitable sequel bait

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a AAA exclusive being developed by a first-party studio, so, as with every exclusive ever, to some extent the enthusiasm is purely political -- many are looking forward less to the game itself and more to the platform in question (in this case, the PS4) having another feather in its cap.

or, you know, it looks graphically fantastic, and its a game with a cool looking protagonist fighting robot dinosaurs?

I don't give a shit about Playstation and Horizon looks pretty good. The premise is cool, world looks fantastic, and I like action adventure RPG games of that vein. I hope it's good.

I like the open world stuff when it fits into my taste. Robot dinosaurs & post apoc? Sounds good to me. I prefer sci-fi to fantasy or real-world.

Nzyme32

It's gonna be a mediocre open-world action game with some RPG elements such as leveling skills in a vey linear skilltree out of multiple very linear skilltrees, featuring a rudimentary crafting system, sidemissions as well as challenges and an intruiging yet ultimately disappointing narrative with below average writing ending on an inevitable sequel bait

Yeah, glad to see I'm not the only one seeing it this way. Same old heavily marketed "graphics" show piece, well suited to those easily marketed to, looking for the above and with a casual enough interest in games that this is enough to satiate them. Meanwhile the rest seems to be the usual folks in for the "hype" of a typical graphical focused first party exclusive title satiating their own ego and platform baiting. Always a little bizarre to look at these things from the outside in and see it for what it is. Game looks as meh as most of these sorts. Good for those into that kind of thing.

Amzin

Have you seen the recommended system requirements? You need a 6 core processor and a Nvidia GTX 1080!

That just reinforces that this is probably a joke compared to what modders are providing :p The Skyrim HD DLC was bigger, more resource intensive, and worse than what was modded in too. We'll see.

Yeah I've heard this from pretty much everyone. I've still got to go through New Vegas anyway. Not planning on getting 4 till it is at a suitably low price to match its content

There is no price at which Fallout 4 becomes worth it. You just wait for a low price so that you waste the least amount of money on it :p

The issue with Alice is the length of the game, the only boss like thing in the game sucks and overall they ditched some basic things like hanging from ledges and ignoring some items Alice had in the previous game. Its a fun platformer but it has a fair share of issues that might be hard to overlook by some. The story is interesting and the gameplay is solid even if the combat is extremely basic.

The checkpoint spacing is also fucking awful, and drove me to give up on the game, Shame, as I enjoyed most other things about it.

Unbox is a lot better than Alice. It's like Banjo but you play as a box instead of a bear and instead of a bird you have other boxes inside you.

Tried the demo, didn't care for it. Is the full version better?

Unbox is good in structure and level design, but it's bad in control and camera movement. It just doesn't feel like a good 3D platformer, it's too frustrating.

I'm not sure how long the demo is but I only made it a few hours in before I threw up my hands in disgust and agony.

Shengar

Ancient Jewish technology is cool. I wonder though if Wolfenstein New Order worth a second. What's the difference between Fergus and Wyatt run?

MadGear

I have my RX 480 for 4 fucking days and one of the fans already stopped working. Wow, this month keeps on giving.

I hope we get a decent bundle tomorrow, I desperately need some games to play on the Intel HD4600 while I'm waiting for my replacement.

Teggy

There is a lot to like and there is fun to have. However if the bad writing in the main story bothered you, then this will annoy you to no end.

if it's at least story content and not just construction set stuff, I have a pretty low threshold for story as long as it's fun.

What didn't you like about it? Movement is intentionally strange because you're controlling a box, it never gets better about that. Level/mission structure gets a bit better by virtue of getting a bit harder but it's still average at best when compared to a Banjo or Mario game. Thought it was quite a bit better than Alice or Psychonauts though. I can't really afford to be that picky in a genre with so few games anyway.

What didn't you like about it? Movement is intentionally strange because you're controlling a box, it never gets better about that. Level/mission structure gets a bit better by virtue of getting a bit harder but it's still average at best when compared to a Banjo or Mario game. Thought it was quite a bit better than Alice or Psychonauts though. I can't really afford to be that picky in a genre with so few games anyway.

Definitely didn't like the feel of the controls and movement. Sounds like it's just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom