• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahji

I think I got Souls fatigue. Just acquired the king's ring and I just want the game to end. It has been 35 hours already and I did not even touch the DLC content of scholar of the first sin. I feel a bit tired of the game. I mean the game is not bad at all. It is just the same. over and over again. You explore a new area, find the shortcuts/bonfire and kill the boss. repeat.
Perhaps I should not have played demon's souls and dark souls 1 in 2016.

Vibranium

Banned
Ancient Jewish technology is cool. I wonder though if Wolfenstein New Order worth a second. What's the difference between Fergus and Wyatt run?

For each path, there is different upgrades and suppporting characters.

Fergus is by far the superior character, so you could start with him and then go with Wyatt on a second playthrough. I hope he returns in The New Colossus, he's well-acted and hilarious.

Granjinha

I think I got Souls fatigue. Just acquired the king's ring and I just want the game to end. It has been 35 hours already and I did not even touch the DLC content of scholar of the first sin. I feel a bit tired of the game. I mean the game is not bad at all. It is just the same. over and over again. You explore a new area, find the shortcuts/bonfire and kill the boss. repeat.
Perhaps I should not have played demon's souls and dark souls 1 in 2016.

It's not really your fault, Dark Souls 2 gets really shitty and should end way waaaaaaaay earlier

also don't waste your time with ivory king, it's shit. And not 'oh its not souls quality but it's good', it's total and utter shit. I hate that DLC.

Sunken King is amazing tho

Tizoc

HOLY SHIT
WITCHA 3 DLC IS FINALLY ON SALE

Gonna buy tomorrow once Conan Exiles goes up. Where the reviews and OT at though?
derFeef are you making it?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just seen XCOM 2 is the humble monthly game, might bite

can i cancel right away so im not charged next month?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone who hasn't should bite on that Witcher 3 DLC. Hearts of Stone is great, and Blood and Wine is FANTASTIC. Running around past-fantasy-France is great fun and the characters are wonderful throughout. It's like another entire Velen-sized area to explore (a bit smaller though in total).

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
whens the best time to jump into witcher3s expansions? I'm only halfway through base game. How do you access it?

I'd recommend doing both post-game. After the main story concludes it will drop you back in the world and you are free to continue adventuring. Hearts of Stone starts at a sign board near an Inn in Velen (the quest will be blue in your log) and Blood and Wine starts similarly (Quest will be Red in the log).

Hearts of Stone is like 32-34 for starting and Blood and Wine is 34-36. You might be able to get away with Hearts of Stone a bit before the endgame assuming you have the levels needed, but Blood and Wine is definitely post-game level material.

C4rter

Strange that they put the Witcher 3 season pass on sale now but the base game is a little bit more expensive than in the winter sale (17,99€ instead if 14,99€)

Mivey

The sales drop-off between the first and second game has been considerable. If it continues for this one (only 15% of previous game), that would make for around 4000 sales. And this time it releases only on Steam, so no additional revenue.
Nice that XSEED is basically translating these as a free public service. At least I hope they have no real sales expectations.

JakeD

I'd recommend doing both post-game. After the main story concludes it will drop you back in the world and you are free to continue adventuring. Hearts of Stone starts at a sign board near an Inn in Velen (the quest will be blue in your log) and Blood and Wine starts similarly (Quest will be Red in the log).

Hearts of Stone is like 32-34 for starting and Blood and Wine is 34-36. You might be able to get away with Hearts of Stone a bit before the endgame assuming you have the levels needed, but Blood and Wine is definitely post-game level material.

thanks for the info. i'm so glad i can finally stop whining about the lack of an expansion pass sale for the steam version, lol.

whens the best time to jump into witcher3s expansions? I'm only halfway through base game. How do you access it?

They are designed to be played after the main story. You can do Heart of Stone earlier but I would hold off on Blood and Wine.

If you are not doing a bunch of ancillary stuff you may need to beat the main story to get your level up anyway. Remember blue quests are Heart of Stone and red are Blood and Wine.

Ludens

Banned
God I hate that level cap. Do they really want us to spam their forums? I got to level 5 and now they seem to have risen the cap for most cool shit to 6.

The way they revamped their system makes kinda hard to reach level 6. You need to spam their forums and do that for one month and more on regular basis each day.

Granjinha

Yeah, glad to see I'm not the only one seeing it this way. Same old heavily marketed "graphics" show piece, well suited to those easily marketed to, looking for the above and with a casual enough interest in games that this is enough to satiate them. Meanwhile the rest seems to be the usual folks in for the "hype" of a typical graphical focused first party exclusive title satiating their own ego and platform baiting. Always a little bizarre to look at these things from the outside in and see it for what it is. Game looks as meh as most of these sorts. Good for those into that kind of thing.

lol

man SteamGAF is really salty with AAA games huh

i mean i'm the guy who loved OneShot, had Shadow Tactics has his GOTY last year and love niche/complex stuff and i'm still pretty hyped for Horizon.

But sure, suited to those 'easily marketed to'

some of you really need to get off that high horse

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-27837B73CF8EBE9B - Taken by thesaucetastic
GTR Evolution -- MB-CF0DF2E055526BA1 - Taken by laserlaser
Kraven Manor -- MB-94FA56F1691894BB - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-E1BB5852D5C6A2F9 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Refunct -- MB-C09BEC1A38EA754C - Taken by Nabs
Shiplord -- MB-71A93401D2A058BB - Taken by data
That Dragon, Cancer (Ouya/Cortex) -- MB-7354A95C3CD05F38 - Taken by drakaenae
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-DBA8946D1CF12796 - Taken by Popstar

EDIT: Note that GTR Evolution should also come with Race 07 as well, and that's a damn good package.

Battlechili

Banned
In case anyone is wondering about Disgaea 2 PC now that its released, Disgaea 2 PC's port is significantly better than Disgaea 1's. I've suffered no framerate drops or glitchy graphics like the first game.
099ow60.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol

i mean i'm the guy who loved OneShot, had Shadow Tactics has his GOTY last year and love niche/complex stuff and i'm still pretty hyped for Horizon.

no no, triple A games are fine as long as they are on PC, specifically Steam. I guess there always has to be a "war", since Sony v Xbox fizzled out recently, now its Sony v PC, especially since the Pro.

Nzyme32

lol

no no, triple A games are fine as long as they are on PC, specifically Steam. I guess there always has to be a "war", since Sony v Xbox fizzled out recently, now its Sony v PC, especially since the Pro.

Where is the salty part - ask me about the Last of Us, and I will celebrate it far and wide. These are very different issues. Your response in and of itself is demonstrating this point very clearly in having to disingenously push this as a "salty" attitude, rather than accepting that this can be someones point of view - to which you could easily challenge without the platitudes

On the topic - it is one of several games that shows nothing of interest to me, both as a point of opinion and one of the heavily over prescribed nature of the genre itself, particularly extending to the AAA variety - on any platform. The saving grace of many of these games comes from excellent story. One could only hope as much for HZD, when it so far demonstrates none of that

Granjinha

Where is the salty part - ask me about the Last of Us, and I will celebrate it far and wide. These are very different issues. Your response in and of itself is demonstrating this point very clearly in having to disingenously push this as a "salty" attitude, rather than accepting that this can be someones point of view - to which you could easily challenge without the platitudes

I'm sorry, i'm not arguing with your point of view of not being hyped with the game, you're one who posted stuff like this:

Same old heavily marketed "graphics" show piece, well suited to those easily marketed to, looking for the above and with a casual enough interest in games that this is enough to satiate them.

Always a little bizarre to look at these things from the outside in and see it for what it is.

How the hell isn't that a "yo i'm superior" attitude? Like i said, get off that high horse. Is it 'bizarre to see it for what it is'? 'Suited to those easily marketed to'? I mean, wut? What would that be? A game that looks cool, has a unique setting and could be good (or not?)

No one is contesting if you're not hyped or something like that, but yeah, that attitude is really silly. It's the same thing that i see a lot of people complaining about that happens in gaming side.

it's really stupid

Where is the salty part

The part where people have to keep on bringing up Horizon (at least twice in the last few weeks) for absolutely no reason if only to diss it and laugh at the console hype machine, attribute false motives to why anyone could actually appear to like the game, and slander the tastes of those who would find it the least bit interesting?

I wouldn't claim it's "salt" but I do find it exceedingly tedious and indicative of the worst part of gaming boards.

Granjinha

oh man XCOM 2 that game easily marketed to the PC crowd who loves those old and boring turn based games that always use the same formula

it also has dated visuals and doesn't really innovate within it's genre

kinda funny seeing it from the outside for what it really is

doesn't that looks stupid, nonsensical and arrogant? You could it to literally any game and genre.

/rant

rtcn63

I'm personally burnt out on lackluster open-world games, especially those with zero challenge (RotTR). I am afraid that Zero Dawn will follow suit. Here's hoping that it doesn't.

And a part of me is like- fuck story. You execute something by-the-books moderately well and you get shit on. You try to execute something ambitious and fail somewhat and you get shit on.

I'd rather just go read an encyclopedia or skim Sonic fan fiction unless the gameplay is captivating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

On the topic - it is one of several games that shows nothing of interest to me, both as a point of opinion and one of the heavily over prescribed nature of the genre itself, particularly extending to the AAA variety - on any platform. The saving grace of many of these games comes from excellent story. One could only hope as much for HZD, when it so far demonstrates none of that

there is certinly a "pc v consoles" vibe recently around here, specificall with PS4 (like I said, since the pro). You have uninformed console gamers saying dumb stuff about the pro, but then you would expect people here to rise above but no, they act the same. Not saying its you in particular, but to deny its happening its funny.

Case in point, tell me exactly what the point of, in a Steam thread, having a radnom "I dont see the big deal about Horizon", please enlighten me what that has to do with PC, or Steam or any discussion we should have in this thread.

Or the various "you wont believe what console warriors are saying about PC guyz" posts for example. Its like there always has to be a "war" and since Sony v Xbox fizzled out, and Nintendo is on their own la la land, now its Sony v PC.

Knurek

The sales drop-off between the first and second game has been considerable. If it continues for this one (only 15% of previous game), that would make for around 4000 sales. And this time it releases only on Steam, so no additional revenue.

FWIW, 33% of owners on Steam finished TitS SC, so that's potential 10000+ sales there, so $210,000 not counting GOG at all.
Might be worth the translation costs.
I know I sure as hell am buying 3rd day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom