• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cels, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cels, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fez (humble gift, redeems on steam) -- MB-FCA810CAD67433DC - Taken by Valxal. 4 entrants total.

t1483553331z1.png

Arminsc

It is also worth saying that there is one pretty major choice in the Witcher 2 which leads to the entire middle section of the game being completely different. So 2 playthoughs is recommended if you want to see everything (though keep saves from both so you have various plot points as you want them to import into Witcher 3).

Wow thanks for that, didn't even know you could import saves from 2 into 3!

Mivey

Sounds like that is an invalid argument? I enjoyed The Witcher 2 but the primary reason why I haven't bought The Witcher 3 yet is because I did not like anything about that games combat. However I would definitely not complain about it since I probably know what to expect of that game and what not.
If the story and characters didn't hook you in, then there is probably little to care about. The combat was certainly improved from 2, but it's not the thing that makes Witcher 3 memorable.
I was just making fun how for a while that seemed to be almost the only criticism of the game on GAF.

Valxal

Probably a shot in the dark but has anybody bought a physical version of Onimusha 3? If so does the CD-Key activate on Steam or Uplay or is it just for the game to install itself?

Axass

How is Doorkickers? I picked it up during the sale and haven't tried yet. Dark Souls 3 and Dishonored 2 taking up my time!

A mix of Rainbow Six and Frozen Synapse. As in the atmosphere and theme are that of R6, with you having to infiltrate a building and killing terrorists with your customizable SWAT squad; however you control them from a top down perspective and you have to give them comands and decide the routes they take by planning beforehand.

You can play the entirety of the levels just watching and only giving them the go from point to point with preset codes, i.e. "alpha", "bravo", etc., assuming you make an accurate infiltration plan at the beginning. However there's a RNG part that mixes the position of the bad guys... so sometimes trial and error doesn't work, and it may get frustrating.

I recommend it if you're a fan of the tactical genre, I got bored pretty quick though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've now tallied 54 ballots of our fourth-annual SteamGAF GOTY awards from the following folks:

Sarcasm, Sinatar, Iron Badger, Vazra, Aaron D., PandaPedinte, Amzin, Knurek, Hektor, AHA-Lambda, spinalscratch, Leafhopper, Dongs Macabre, More_Badass, Tizoc, KingKong, ScreamingTrees, Bonfires Down, SatelliteOfLove, AbundantChoice, Adnor, The_Super_Inframan, Kurt Russell, Stallion Free, Wok, diabolusinmusica, hardcastlemccormick, Anno, Uraizen, Spirited, Baron_Calamity, The Dear Leader, def ault, InquisitorAles, Ascheroth, NeoRaider, fantomena, Phinor, dex3108, sprinkles, Parsnip, cyba89, Large Professor, Nzyme32, Stumpokapow, SilentMatthew, QFNS, the_firewithin, Arthea, Khronico, texhnolyze, Lain, rickyson1, ThirtyFour

If your name is here, it means your vote has been counted. Good job. If your name isn't here, ReggieWhatsWrongWithYou.gif.

Be sure to check the bottom of this month's OP for official rules and entry requirements!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I made a startling revelation today while posting in another thread: I don't have any new games which I'm looking forward to buying in 2017. I honestly can't think of one game due to come out for 2017 that I want to buy!!!! The only game that even possibly comes to mind is Astroneer but I don't even know if that is due out in 2017 or not.

To be honest this kind of floored me. Certainly there must be some game due out this year that I want? On the plus side, I'll save money, and I'll still pick up older titles at Steam sales and such, but still I'm feeling odd about this realization....

So I made a startling revelation today while posting in another thread: I don't have any new games which I'm looking forward to buying in 2017. I honestly can't think of one game due to come out for 2017 that I want to buy!!!! The only game that even possibly comes to mind is Astroneer but I don't even know if that is due out in 2017 or not.

To be honest this kind of floored me. Certainly there must be some game due out this year that I want? On the plus side, I'll save money, and I'll still pick up older titles at Steam sales and such, but still I'm feeling odd about this realization....

Same here, mate.

2017 is the year gaming dies.

Wok

Same here, mate.

Are you kidding me? I have listed 14 for you to check.

Most Anticipated, without a page on the Steam store

1. Miegakure ; the 4D game which got featured in an XKCD comic.
2. Gorogoa ; a puzzle-game in which the main mechanic consists in merging hand-drawn illustrations.
3. Ernesto RPG ; a game released by Daniel Benmergui, yes, it could exist!
4. The Council of Crows ; the next long-awaited game in the land of dreams, by the creators of The Sea Will Claim Everything.
5. Bomb Squad Academy ; think Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in solo.

Most Anticipated, with a page on the Steam store

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

7. 8. 9.

rickyson1

I have the opposite problem

I was making a list earlier and just counting games i'm absolutely going to buy day 1(or have already bought via kickstarter) there's 16 games on it,that's not counting vr games either which would add another couple

usually it's only like 3-4 or so

edit: make that 17 I completely forgot about the new Cook, Serve, Delicious! and it wasn't on the list I was using as a reference

Hektor

Same here, mate.

PCgames imho worth looking forward to:

Nier Automata
Niche - a genetics survival game
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Abandon Ship
My Friend Pedro
Katana ZERO
Yooka-Layle
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
Bleed 2
Hello Neighbor
DUSK
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
Prey for the Gods
RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Pyre
Absolver
Hot Lava
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
Hand of Fate 2
Children of Zodiarcs
The Guild 3

I can not imagine there's absolutely nothing that tickles your funny bones

€: How could i forget Divinity Original Sin 2 and Torment Tides of Numenera

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On Gaf, every year gaming dies, and at the end of every year, that year was the best in gaming's history.

zkylon

zkylewd

Nier Automata
Abandon Ship
My Friend Pedro
Katana ZERO
Yooka-Layle
Bleed 2
Hello Neighbor
DUSK
Prey for the Gods
Pyre
Absolver
Hot Lava
Hand of Fate 2
Children of Zodiarcs
The Guild 3

i only know like 3 of those -__-

I've now tallied 54 ballots of our fourth-annual SteamGAF GOTY awards from the following folks:

If your name is here, it means your vote has been counted. Good job. If your name isn't here, ReggieWhatsWrongWithYou.gif.

Be sure to check the bottom of this month's OP for official rules and entry requirements!

I'll vote when I feel I'm ready.

rickyson1

here's my personal list for the record:

this doesn't even count things I would probably be interested in if I ever got around to playing the first of like South Park and Hand Of Fate

plus there's a couple vr things i'm extremely interested in such as Wilson's Heart

Tales of Berseria: January 27
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book: February 7
Nights of Azure: February 7
Torment: Tides of Numenera: February 27th
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey: March 7
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: March
BattleTech: Q1
Yooka-Laylee: April 11
The Bard's Tale IV: TBA
Divinity: Original Sin 2: TBA
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd: TBA
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: TBA
NieR: Automata: TBA
Pyre: TBA
Scalebound: TBA
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!: TBA
Sonic Mania: Q2
Shenmue III: December

Knurek

My haul in 2017:

header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg

Muv-Luv Alternative
Sharin no Kuni
Dies Irae

Two Atelier games
TitS 3rd

Plus I'm sure we're getting Steins;Gate 0 on Steam this year.

Tizoc

Rading up on xseed's twitter trails in the sky 3rd chapter may get released this year at the earliest as they are currently editting the text.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
On Gaf, every year gaming dies, and at the end of every year, that year was the best in gaming's history.

Nah, I'd never say gaming is dying, that's ridiculous! I'm just saying that nothing I'm aware of seems to appeal to me much with regards to new games coming out. Warhammer DoW 3 is a possibility but I don't know anything about it yet. Cook Serve Delicious 2 I'd probably enjoy but honestly I still need to spend a lot more time with the first one!!!

And I've got a huge list of games that I want to play more throughout 2017 but I own them all already!!! Games like:

- Elite Dangerous
- American Truck Sim
- Euro Truck Sim 2
- Starbound
- Diablo III
- DiRT Rally
- Civ IV
- FTL
- Flight Simulator X
- Kerbal Space Program
- Minecraft
- Witcher 1 & 2 (I’ve not played either yet)
- more Skyrim
- Cities Skylines

And that’s not even all of them, as my Steam backlist is huuggggeeeeeeee. Maybe 2017 will simply be a “attack the backlist” year of gaming for me...

Nzyme32

Oh yeah, baby.
Straight into my veins.

One game is TBS - Fire Emblem x Advance wars

WAHbJNJ.png

The other game is RPG/Sim - Stardew Valley x Harry Potter

0XdIvle.png

Both sound like brilliant combinations, and more so with the idea of making sure workshop etc are in

Grief.exe

It's always difficult to list what games to look forward to on a given year on PC as there's frequently games that take you by total surprise.

I never heard of Factorio, Stardew Valley, or Rimworld, then they took me by total surprise in 2016.

rickyson1

It's always difficult to list what games to look forward to on a given year on PC as there's frequently games that take you by total surprise.

I never heard of Factorio, Stardew Valley, or Rimworld, then they took me by total surprise in 2016.

also very true

in the top 5 list I submitted earlier I never heard of any of my top 3 at all prior to 2016

Tizoc

Just remembered spark the electric jester is releasing this year.
This is gonna be a good year for platformers and pnc games x3

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Wow thanks for that, didn't even know you could import saves from 2 into 3!

Just worth pointing out that you can do it, but I don't think there is a MASSIVE amount of changes that happen based on Witcher 2 data. So even if you don't do it there is very little to miss out on. It's mostly dialogue changes and access to 1 sidequest I think?

Indie games I'm looking forward to the most in 2017:
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg

That's what I love about indies.

Ludens

Banned
I'm playing Stories: Path of Destiny, but how can I end the game? I got all four main "epilogues", I thought this would unlock the end of the game, but apparently no? Do I need to complete all optional choices to see the end?

Are you kidding me? I have listed 14 for you to check.

Most Anticipated, without a page on the Steam store

1. Miegakure ; the 4D game which got featured in an XKCD comic.
2. Gorogoa ; a puzzle-game in which the main mechanic consists in merging hand-drawn illustrations.
3. Ernesto RPG ; a game released by Daniel Benmergui, yes, it could exist!
4. The Council of Crows ; the next long-awaited game in the land of dreams, by the creators of The Sea Will Claim Everything.
5. Bomb Squad Academy ; think Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in solo.

Most Anticipated, with a page on the Steam store

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

7. 8. 9.

Nier Automata
Abandon Ship
My Friend Pedro
Katana ZERO
Yooka-Layle
Bleed 2
Hello Neighbor
DUSK
Prey for the Gods
Pyre
Absolver
Hot Lava
Hand of Fate 2
Children of Zodiarcs
The Guild 3

€: How could i forget Divinity Original Sin 2 and Torment Tides of Numenera

Thanks for the lists, I'll take a look at those.

Out of those I recognize I'm only interested in Nier, Nidhogg and Torment. Nier is PS4 exclusive, or at least money-hatted into oblivion and beyond so I'm not too keen on supporting that, but Nidhogg 2 and Torment are definitely day 1.

Yes, that's what I'm counting on actually. Every year I'm surprised by several great titles, both indies and AAA, so I'm not really worried.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

That's what I'm thinking as well. There are only a handful of games I'm looking to buy day 1 this year and
(sorry none of them have announced PC versions)

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II
  • Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Age
I'll also probably be picking up a Switch / Zelda when it releases. On the PC side nothing I'm terribly excited about has a confirmed release date. If these games make it to PC in 2017, I'll probably be excited enough to buy them day 1:
  • Vampyr
  • Pyre
  • Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
And that's about it. But like Grief said, there will probably be a lot of surprises in store for us this year that we can't even guess at what they'll be.

sprinkles

So how many of you doing the GAMEPUMP sub?

Tempted but I don't remember really much of what I played back then.

Only really remember in mid 90s playing the crap out of Conquest of the New World and some Sony CTF futuristic game.
I hope we get some obscure Japanese MSX games with great Pixel Art (e.g. Snatcher).

The games Im looking forward to in 2017 most are Dawn of War III (although I know it will suck), Thimbleweed Park abd Torment Tides of Numenera. Maybe Bards Tale.

Otherwise it will be a year to tackle my 100+ game backlog all the way from 2010.

Also 2016 was the year my Amiga 500 came out of the closet and I bought a C1084S RGB monitor. 2017 will be the year of upgrading it with accelerators and hard drive and going through the Amiga catalog.

Knurek

That's what I'm thinking as well. There are only a handful of games I'm looking to buy day 1 this year and
(sorry none of them have announced PC versions)

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II
  • Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Age

Surely the later two will come to PC (6 months after consoles)

jshackles

Surely the later two will come to PC (6 months after consoles)

Probably, if current trends continue. But like I said, I'm excited enough about these games that I'll buy them day 1 (so, for PS4). Buying them again on PC will break this year's purchasing rules of rebuying games on different systems just because of the convenience. So in my case, I guess timed console exclusivity wins.

I think I will just get Yakuza and Persona in the near future. I think the Mass Effect series is mediocre and Horizon Zero Dawn looks like a by the numbers open world game with robot dinosaurs.

gngf123

How does Operation Abyss/Babel stack up to other Exp Inc games?

My understanding is that they are partial remakes of the old Generation Xth games, is that right?

Post in progress.

GOTY:
(5 Points) - The Witness
(4 Points) - XCOM2
(3 Points) - Headlander
(2 Points) - Firewatch
(1 Point) - Civilization 6

I think The Witness should win GOTY because it was an utterly enjoyable Metroidvania puzzler, that was challenging but fair, and so much more enjoyable then I thought Braid ever was. A bit proud of my self for beating the game and solving 55% of the puzzles without looking at any walkthrough or hints.

XCOM2 did so many things right.

Headlander was just such an enjoyable Metroidvania, with great humour and an awesome OST. This years best use of lasers, and this years best dancing.
giphy.gif

Firewatch, great game, great ending.

Civ 6 is that low just because I just haven't had time to play it more then that.

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher III: Blood & Wine
(2 Points) - Offworld Trading Company - The Patron and the Patriot

I think The Witcher III: Blood & Wine should win DLC of the Year because it was a proper expansion, as it should be.

EA:
(3 Points) - Man O' War: Corsair

I think EA Game 1 should win Early Access GOTY because of quite regular updates, very nice developer who responded quickly to questions, and that dash of Sid Meier's Pirates gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom