• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I enjoy the freedom of not caring at all about what new releases are coming. There's a swath of great 2015 and 2016 games I don't have yet that I'll no doubt pick up cheap this year, and I still have tons to play just as we all do at this point. I may not have many games to vote on, but with rare exceptions my experiences will be just as good (if not better) and far cheaper.

That said I did buy the new Binding of Isaac dlc day one. So there's always exceptions.

Also I'm still angry my 2015 goty
HuniePop
got dissed by you hypocrites failing to vote for it. oldmanshakesfistatcloud.gif

MadGear

Just finished my Plague Knight playthrough. I vastly prefer playing this game as Shovel Knight. Its neat that you have these different bomb combinations which are more or less useful in certain situations but changing things like bomb casings when I needed to get rid of a flying enemy felt slightly disruptive at times. The increased knockback upon getting hit also made some parts of the game really scary whereas the bomb jump (once I got the hang of it) almost trivialized other parts of the game. Either way, I'm super excited for Specter of Torment right now.

Tizoc

Ascheroth

Toukiden 2 confirmed for Steam.

Oh nice.
I'm eying the first one, but 30€ for a 1080p and 30fps locked game is too much for me.
Funnily enough I'm at the point where a resolution-lock bothers me more than a 30fps lock. Just downsampling from 1440p is such an improvement in IQ and especially all those japanese games usually aren't very resource demanding.

And unrelated, but I hope the Atlus thread continues for a long time.
There's some great comedy material in there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh nice.
I'm eying the first one, but 30€ for a 1080p and 30fps locked game is too much for me.

you made me think they dropped the base price of the first one finally >_>

Grief.exe

Rimworld approaching 500,000 sales and Factorio approaching 700,000 copies sold.

Both games are early access, both have never been on sale. Mind blowing.

Axass

I just completed it, so here are some impressions about Assault Android Cactus.

header.jpg

A psychedelic and frenzied twin stick shooter with a quirky cast of characters. The music has a nice and fitting techno beat, nothing exceptional, but it gets cooler when you unlock the option to have it change rhythm according to how you're performing. The graphics are extremely colourful and solid, as is the framerate: when countless cyber-enemies are on screen and everyone's shooting everywhere, the screen becomes a feast for the eyes. The gameplay is pretty repetitive, but keeps you on the edge thanks to the battery system, which also makes dying harder if you play well: this way the flow and pace of the game are almost never interrupted. The story is a nice addition to contextualize the game, but nothing deeper; though, the character design and variety of playable androids deserve praise. A little known gem.

Knurek

Rimworld approaching 500,000 sales and Factorio approaching 700,000 copies sold.

You know that these games don't count in the general picture of things.
Only proper AAA masterpiece games like Uncharted 4 do. And they are not available on Steam, are they?
I wish games I buy on Steam would have 1/10th of these sales :(

Phawx

Jeez, I just looked at a video I put up of Factorio and I had played it almost 3 years ago O.O

I always wondered why they weren't on Steam then. Glad they are doing so well.

Ascheroth

I hope it's good. I really want a decent hunting game on PC. Almost bit the bullet on god eater during the sale, but I watched some video of it and it looked really rough.

God Eater is a ton of fun if it clicks, but it also has it's undeniable problems.
It's also anime as fuck, which could either be a plus or an instant dealbreaker :p

Has some awesome enemy designs though.

bigzgod

Holy crap. I didn't expect those numbers.

This should be linked anytime someone makes those arguments against a PC version because "everyone on PC pirates" or "PC players don't buy games" and all that jazz.

Sarcasm

I hope it's good. I really want a decent hunting game on PC. Almost bit the bullet on god eater during the sale, but I watched some video of it and it looked really rough.

Bought GE over the sale and as a MH can I can recommend it.

It is easier but at least the missions are extremely quick and the combat is fast. The eating thing is unique.

I tried a little bit of toukiden and it is alright, the combat is a step down from GE. Not very engaging either.

Granjinha

2017 is shaping up to be insane. Just in Q1 i want:

Night in the Woods, Resident Evil 7, Halo Wars 2, Pit People, Rise and Shine, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Routine, For Honor, Nier Automata...

I would put Ni-Oh on that list but just gonna wait for the eventual PC release.

And i have not counted the rest of the year. Of course i won't be able to play and buy all that, but man, i wanted to :(

also:

Shadow Tactics is nearing 70k sales <3

Can anyone recommend me some good point&click adventures? Besides the Daedalic and LucasArts games, because I already own all of them &#128521;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can anyone recommend me some good point&click adventures? Besides the Daedalic and LucasArts games, because I already own all of them &#128521;

Fran Baun, Kathy Rain, all the Wadjeteye games

Granjinha

Have you played the Wadjet Eye games? Gemini Rue is pretty cool.

Also: The Journey Down (chapter 1 and 2), The Book of Unwritten Tales, The Inner World.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Myst (RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition), Riven, and the rest of the series. Obduction.

On GOG, Zork Nemesis and Inquisitor

The entire Sierra adventure set: King's Quest 1 - 9, Space Quest, Police Quest, Phantasmagoria series, Gabriel Knight series, Quest for Glory series, Leisure Suit Larry series

Syberia 1 and 2 and all the other Microids games (Still Life, Amerzone, Mysterious Island, Dracula)

Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games (also the FMV Sherlock Holmes games too)

And there goes another backlog game. Decided to return to, and finish, The Bard's Tale. Combat and movement are pretty janky - the map scrolling feels like it's a bus that continually stops short - and the jokes are more dumb than funny, but it wouldn't have been bad in 2004. It wasn't horrible, but let's just say I understood now why I put it down the first time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And there goes another backlog game. Decided to return to, and finish, The Bard's Tale. Combat and movement are pretty janky - the map scrolling feels like it's a bus that continually stops short - and the jokes are more dumb than funny, but it wouldn't have been bad in 2004. It wasn't horrible, but let's just say I understood now why I put it down the first time.

I remember the jokes being terrible in 2004 / 2005 when I played it. I liked the game quite a bit back then, but the jokes were always terrible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Amanita's stuff (particularly Machinarium) and The Inner World come to mind.

so... anyone else excited for amd´s vega? my r9 380 needs an upgrade to catch up with current aaa games, and the recent tease (ryzen cpu + vega gpu at 4k 60fps) has made me kinda hyped.

gtx 1080 performances for 1070 price would be amazing, may or may not actually happen, but we can dream.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Who has time for games released in 2017? There are a ton of AWESOME games released in 2016 that I need to play first. Total Warhammer, Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun (looks fucking incredible and is the Commandos sequel I didn't know I needed), Stellaris, Xanadu Next, and more.

Jesus, I have like 40+ hours of the Witcher 3 to finish still. Who has time for stuff coming out this year like Divinity Original Sin 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Trails in the Sky 3rd, or other stuff like Civ VI DLC?

HELP. Someone invent extra hours in the day.

I tracked down the NPC who stole my Power Armor. The internet says I need to put points into pickpocket to steal the fusion core so they come out of it.

If that doesn't work she is getting a visit from Mr. Fragmentation Mine.

Jawmuncher

I'm honestly surprised that a Dark Souls-esque, especially a F2P one, is not on PC

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Feel like a big issue is the F2P part of it.
They gotta make sure it's not easy to cheat the game once it hits PC. On PS4 they don't have to worry about that atm.

Teggy

I tracked down the NPC who stole my Power Armor. The internet says I need to put points into pickpocket to steal the fusion core so they come out of it.

If that doesn't work she is getting a visit from Mr. Fragmentation Mine.

Is this in Fallout 4? Interesting. Didn't meet that guy. Think I had 3 armors, too. One you can find in the woods pretty close to the starting town.

I've now tallied 54 ballots of our fourth-annual SteamGAF GOTY awards from the following folks:

If your name is here, it means your vote has been counted. Good job. If your name isn't here, ReggieWhatsWrongWithYou.gif.

Be sure to check the bottom of this month's OP for official rules and entry requirements!
I'm trying to finish another GOTY contender, don't hate.
Doom might be a perfect game. I mean that in the sense that I cant think of anything wrong to say about it. Its not even my GOTY or anything, I would still put a lot of other games above it, but it does what it does flawlessly, the campaign seems to be big, it looks gorgeous, the soundtrack is great, the weapons feel great, the level design is fantastic, theres a unexpected amount of systems for what you would assume would be a simple FPS.

Its an intant classic and one of those games that for years will be on the tip of everyone's tongue as a easy recomendation every time someone asks.
It's such a space hog, I wish we could download the single player separately.

Just browsed through Steam and came across Overgrowth. Remembered that I saw it in 2010 or so when I was still watching Inside Gaming on Machinima. Clicked on the store page and saw it is still in development/Early Access. What's the story behind that?
1) The devs also created Humble Bundle, so they have like unlimited budget
2) They rebuilt the engine last year or so.
3) But I agree. It's not something that usually bothers me, but it's taking a really long time

Is this in Fallout 4? Interesting. Didn't meet that guy. Think I had 3 armors, too. One you can find in the woods pretty close to the starting town.

Yes F4. One of the wandering traders always hangs out at one of my settlements. After a couple of in game weeks they decided to "borrow" my Power Armor.

Mivey

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Feel like a big issue is the F2P part of it.
They gotta make sure it's not easy to cheat the game once it hits PC. On PS4 they don't have to worry about that atm.
Then they should release it on the Windows Store. They wouldn't even need to put in any code to prevent cheating.

So apparently someone from the Ukraine was trying to log-in to my Steam account, got a verification email from Steampowered just now. They had my full username and password, which was something I've used only for Steam and never entered it into anything other than the client itself. Glad I enabled the verification process a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom