• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to install WWE 2K16.

Steam tells me it will take over a day.

One day I'll be able to afford faster internet with unlimited bandwidth...one day...

gelf

2017 is looking to be a good year for me. Looking forward to Nioh, Resident Evil 7, both Yakuza's, Sonic Mania, Nier Automata.

Its hard to say what indies I'm looking forward to as I forget when they're even due to release or I forget they even exist until they release and get more attention again. I still have a lot from the last few years to catch up on a well.

I find the fact that nobody puts Marvel and Tekken on their lists for big 2017 PC games absolutely hilarious, you dont even need to like fighting games to understand that 2 series that have completely ignored PC until now having their latest entries finally on PC is a huge deal.

I'll probably end up owning both but despite that I'm kinda lukewarm on them. VS gameplay isn't my favorite, I'm in a minority who wishes Capcom would make a one on one Marvel Super Heroes 2 instead. Tekken will be okay for having a new 3D fighter to play while I wait in forlorn hope for Sega to remember Virtua Fighter exists.

Arminsc

2017 looks good for me so far, and there's always all kinds of little and big surprises to discover along the way.

Resident Evil 7 looks great. It's not an Amnesia/Outlast clone like the initial reveal/demo showing claimed it would be. There are RE-style puzzles, enemies to defeat with the classic weapons, bosses, all the stuff that makes survival horror what it is.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is taking the formula of the first way further. More reactivity, especially in your personal stories. More interaction between players in co-op. More Ultima-esque interactive world elements.

Battletech isn't getting enough attention! Ex-FASA staff returning to Battletech after three good-to-great Shadowrun games is kind of a huge deal. It's going to be a turn-based strategy game where you manage a lance of mechwarriors, with destruction modeled on the map (so not the simpler 2D pre-rendered scenes of Shadowrun). Apparently branching paths are a big part of this, so there will be decisions during missions, and reactions in following missions depending on who survives. Keep an eye on this.

Didn't know about Battletech, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it!

I didn't know that PETA publishes games on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/547820/

It comes out in one hour.

Out of curiosity I googled them to see how many they've actually made and its quite a few which are all listed on their website

http://www.peta.org/features/games/

These are the most notable ones

Super Chick Sisters (2007) – Super Mario Bros.
Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals (2008) – Cooking Mama
New Super Chick Sisters (2009) – New Super Mario Bros.
Super Tofu Boy (2010) – Super Meat Bros.
Mario Kills Tanooki (2011) – Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokémon Black and Blue (2012) – Pokémon Black and White
Cage Fight: Knock Out Animal Abuse (2013) - River City Random
Pokémon Red, White, and Blue: Loosely Connected to McDonald's (2013) - Pokémon Black and White

Out of curiosity I googled them to see how many they've actually made and its quite a few which are all listed on their website

http://www.peta.org/features/games/

These are the most notable ones

Super Chick Sisters (2007) – Super Mario Bros.
Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals (2008) – Cooking Mama
New Super Chick Sisters (2009) – New Super Mario Bros.
Super Tofu Boy (2010) – Super Meat Bros.
Mario Kills Tanooki (2011) – Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokémon Black and Blue (2012) – Pokémon Black and White
Cage Fight: Knock Out Animal Abuse (2013) - River City Random
Pokémon Red, White, and Blue: Loosely Connected to McDonald's (2013) - Pokémon Black and White

Has Nintendo ever ordered a C&D on PETA the way they do the makers of the pokemon fan-games like Uranium and Prism?

MUnited83

For you.
tumblr_ohttznLFtY1rt6u7do1_r1_500.gif

Please bring 'Let it Die' to Steam next.

yesss, bring it. Only reason I turn on my PS4 aside from Netflix these days.

gdt

So all my saves for Broforce just disappeared......any reason why that could be? How do I check the cloud saves?

Only thing it could be is that I signed in over the weekend on my gfs laptop but I didn't touch Broforce and it's not downloaded to her laptop....

Edit: in the local files I see a save file from the last time I played...but it doesn't seem to pick it up at the start screen.

gdt

So all my saves for Broforce just disappeared......any reason why that could be? How do I check the cloud saves?

Only thing it could be is that I signed in over the weekend on my gfs laptop but I didn't touch Broforce and it's not downloaded to her laptop....

Edit: in the local files I see a save file from the last time I played...but it doesn't seem to pick it up at the start screen.

Fixed itself after a steam update. Weird.

Nilaul

Someone with the ip address: 139.162.77.215 tried to hack my steam account.

Someone from Japan, guessed my password but now I changed it to something way more complicated. That was the most exciting thing to happen to my steam account lately. So much uni work and not enough time left for gaming.

jadjei

Is this the place where I can ask how to connect an xbone controller to PC?

My story: I tried connecting my xbone controller to my laptop through bluetooth and it worked. But after not using the controller for a while my laptop stopped detecting it. Do I need the wireless adaptor for Windows? Is it optional?

Jawmuncher

Is this the place where I can ask how to connect an xbone controller to PC?

My story: I tried connecting my xbone controller to my laptop through bluetooth and it worked. But after not using the controller for a while my laptop stopped detecting it. Do I need the wireless adaptor for Windows? Is it optional?

The Wireless Adapter is optional with the new controllers. If it's not connecting via bluetooth now, just delete the bluetooth profile for the controller and reconnect it again fresh.

2017 is looking to be a good year for me. Looking forward to Nioh, Resident Evil 7, both Yakuza's, Sonic Mania, Nier Automata.

Its hard to say what indies I'm looking forward to as I forget when they're even due to release or I forget they even exist until they release and get more attention again. I still have a lot from the last few years to catch up on a well.

I'll probably end up owning both but despite that I'm kinda lukewarm on them. VS gameplay isn't my favorite, I'm in a minority who wishes Capcom would make a one on one Marvel Super Heroes 2 instead. Tekken will be okay for having a new 3D fighter to play while I wait in forlorn hope for Sega to remember Virtua Fighter exists.

Hoping Mahvel is crossplay, as Tekken's not doing so is a real dampener on that one for me. Other PC players were rather rare in SF V, and those doujinshi/anime fighters is lol PC-only.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-F42D297EF104FA3D - Taken by Raxanas. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Risen 3 - Titan Lords -- MB-5CEA2A8F36DE3DF0 - Taken by Ludens. 6 entrants total.
12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-66D8D5735278DE70 - Taken by Polishin8r. 16 entrants total.
Albino Lullababy: Episode 1 -- MB-A5FD032789ABA613 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Battle vs Chess -- MB-245AFF0A664937AC - Taken by Stronghammer22. 2 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-DB33E55001EB6915 - Taken by AngmarsKing701. 1 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-F9E79ADEAEFE5371 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Chivalry - Medieval Warfare -- MB-9CA058402D163860 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Cosmonautica -- MB-1D2564A6A289C05C - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Cross of the Dutchman -- MB-27A56D88295515E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Curses 'N Chaos -- MB-74EE2535BCA07C11 - Taken by Genki. 6 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-940A729645A8DE7E - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Dead in Bermuda -- MB-5B2C872844EC5039 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-40269A2E915FBE73 - Taken by omg_mjd. 1 entrants total.
Dinocide -- MB-80DFFFD3A110C06E - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Flying Tigers: Shadows over China -- MB-16CFA0654490DE62 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Funk of Titan -- MB-94D501BDC3938074 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows -- MB-8BCD456954E3BC0F - Taken by oipic. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Complete -- MB-4EEA91567F242BB0 - Taken by Giant Panda. 4 entrants total.
Horizon Shift -- MB-50F2A70236CB847B
I Shall Remain -- MB-E223C8BD54814594 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered -- MB-1B2B4BA38726BA89 - Taken by Mikurden. 5 entrants total.
Kholat -- MB-A383B16CD75D3333 - Taken by spindoctor. 6 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-1066102787386219 - Taken by animlboogy. 2 entrants total.
Never Alone Arctic Collection -- MB-EE46769993A952B3 - Taken by Yakkue. 2 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-0608285E4F8D8C59 - Taken by Dangerblade. 5 entrants total.
One More Dungeon -- MB-D3D9F2BE1C196FF1 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-E1FADDA70338BC8B - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Riff Racer - Race Your Music! -- MB-87AA5390DDEF70BB - Taken by MaxiLive. 5 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-504105994F5AC7FF - Taken by CheDominik. 3 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-6A34996B93F04848 - Taken by Lord Snow. 5 entrants total.
Star Ruler 2 -- MB-C50DCFCC50617A77 - Taken by longlivegaming. 5 entrants total.
Super 3-D Noah's Ark -- MB-93B5DDE1AD02B6CE - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-6C5D3A29DE928CE2 - Taken by Pachimari. 1 entrants total.
The Dream Machine: Chapter 1 & 2 -- MB-D8A5F8F2967D6E99 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
This Book is a Dungeon -- MB-00C8A6410A245B8A - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Office Politics -- MB-39C0BEEAD409E3FE - Taken by barber. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 -- MB-D9CA8C6E9B72C1B0
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost -- MB-D17990A4B66C3692 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1483627405z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The PC catches up the PS4 once again: you too can share your videogame clips to Facebook like anyone gives a fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom