• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I'm late to the party on this, but damn does Blood and Wine looks amazing... Hopefully everything else will be just as good as the aesthetics.

31304428523_a23c732fff_o.png

Thanks for sharing, even if it gets canceled. I've been thinking about getting one about this size.

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one. Still haven't gotten a confirmation email, though.

thanks for the info...ordered

zero chance it actually goes through I assume...but worth a shot
God speed everyone. Fwiw the price is still $20 and people DID get those $20 Dishonored 2 copies a while ago.

Arulan

Ban Puncher

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan plus DLC (as well as Out of the Shadows) are gone from Humble Bundle now.

Already going for silly prices on trading and key selling sites.

Card Boy

Banned
You know how they are basically giving away Minion Masters all the time, i actually gave the game a shot and it's actually decent. Once it is available to all it will be really good. You only need 1 other player to play with.

Uzzy

So I finished the 'Crack in the Slab' mission in Dishonoured 2. That could be one of the greatest single player levels ever, it's so well designed. Hell, along with the 'Clockwork Mansion' Dishonoured 2 probably has two of the greatest single player levels ever.

Games that strip powers from you at certain points are normally a recipe for frustration, but the timepiece mechanic they give you just for exploring both times is incredible. Seeing a guard in the past, then sneaking behind him, travelling to the past and knocking him out, then jumping back to the present never got boring.

But the best part comes when you finally see Stilton in the past and get to change history. It's not flagged up as something you can do, but it's an entirely logical thing to do given what the game has shown you in the level so far and the game actually responds. I was expecting a game over screen if I interfered with Stilton, but seeing the changes to the timeline was really rewarding and a testament to fantastic level design. How many players are actually going to do that and see the different content? Can't imagine it's that many, but Arkane put it in.

I really hope the performance improves, or people rediscover this game in a few years when people's rigs are high spec enough to just brute force good performance, because this game deserves to be experienced.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broken Bots -- MB-03C1BF7A66638C77 - Taken by Hakkelus
Brushwood Buddies -- MB-2D3D26D09582C391 - Taken by fuzzy123
Waste Walkers -- MB-B59ABA2CCC5B2E46 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

So I bought Hitman during the seal and it seems pretty good. I tried an Illusive Target (a time-limited mission that you have only one shot to complete, ironman with no UI help) and it actually went well. I mean, I killed the wrong guy at first, but eventually found my way, and even escaped. Four non-target kills...

The abusability of the AI in Hitman works to its benefit, oddly enough. Makes the game fun in a weird way.
What is this Real Pic January thing? I remember reading about it last year, when I was waiting for account activation, but I couldn't find much about it then, or now.

There's an OT about it. It's about what you'd guess from the name.

Deques

Well unless DLGamer or another site can offer it for under $30 I may grab it for that cheap price.
I've used CDKeys but in general would try to use their site as scarcely as possible :p

Are we talking about the same game? If so I found someone selling it for $3

Edit: You probably mean the second Styx game...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sneaky Sneaky is indeed a nice little puzzle game, but like most mobile designed titles, it's a bit short. Well worth it for a sale in the future though.

I'm late to the party on this, but damn does Blood and Wine looks amazing... Hopefully everything else will be just as good as the aesthetics.

Main storyline is pretty good.
Witcher contracts are often really good.
Treasure Hunts (Witcher gear) are good.

It's just secondary quests that can be a bit bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom