• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man first the midweek sucked and now the weekend deal, not a good start to 2017

where's mah anime

fantomena

I want a DLC sale, complete edition or something for ME. Just do it on Origil for what I care, I want to play them.

Adding Pinnacle Station for ME on Steam is a way too big process.

Phawx

To give an idea of how shitty Origin is, it doesn't actually *try* to test if it can get out to the internet. Instead it relies on Windows Telemetry data to figure that out.

And because I disable all that gahbage, Windows reports that I don't have an internet connection which Origin looks for and says, "Hey you don't have any internet"

fantomena

To give an idea of how shitty Origin is, it doesn't actually *try* to test if it can get out to the internet. Instead it relies on Windows Telemetry data to figure that out.

And because I disable all that gahbage, Windows reports that I don't have an internet connection which Origin looks for and says, "Hey you don't have any internet"

Origin is really good for me at least, no problems (except for fucking ME DLC cmon EA/BioWare). Even UPLAY is in rpetty good shape these days for me.

Teggy

What if Humble decided to give leftover Turtles keys for the monthly :)

Also, how long into Steins;Gate until I get to make a decision? I've been "playing" for almost 4 hours.

Great sense of speed

I'm looking forward to the dev's next game Standby, releasing tomorrow

e439feca88d2d3557546f1dbfd5ecbe9ce8ccdae.gif

Got a moment from work, just wanted to quickly share a video I put up of Vagante.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ZGFqiy-kU&t=2s

I loved this game when it was single player only and after MoreBadass relayed that they added Online Co-Op my buddy and I went to go play and it's DOPE.

For anyone that doesn't know what Vagante is, imagine Spelunky but it's an Action RPG with predefined classes and loot. The core gameplay is TIGHT and the network code they've done is crazy good despite that they are saying it's still alpha/beta.

Yea the game is Early Access, but it's one of those Early Access games done well. It's also hard as Spelunky is where you really need to explore and be afraid of everything in the environment.
Have you played Catacomb Kids? That and Vagante are the best roguelite platformers post-Spelunky

Lomax

I actually prefer when the early game is something I don't want, because they always sell well and offset the rest of the gamble. The blind part of this month's monthly is costing me $6, which is an easy gamble to make.

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually prefer when the early game is something I don't want, because they always sell well and offset the rest of the gamble. The blind part of this month's monthly is costing me $6, which is an easy gamble to make.

see i could never get into this

i don't have business in my heart

Idle Master version 1.4.1 has been released. This release includes the following changes:
  • Fixed a bug that caused users badge pages not to load correctly.
  • Updated dependencies and localization.
This release is available for download from www.SteamIdleMaster.com and is also available on Github. The source code for this release is also available on Github.

You can update your existing Idle Master program by overwriting it with the files from this release.

Thank you.

Eila

Well shit I couldn't handle it either and did a last minute gamepump subscription. Order number is still in the 500s. Is this really going to work out?

Wok

oh you mean Lit, the game that looks like any fodder game in a random indiegala?

You have been eating too many indiegala bundles, to the point that you don't see a good game when you see one. Just stick to my tastes and recommendations and you will be fine.

Well shit I couldn't handle it either and did a last minute gamepump subscription. Order number is still in the 500s. Is this really going to work out?

Considering it is a blind buy from a no-name company (at least, this is what people think if there isn't Nabs to tell them about Bowling), I think selling 500 subscriptions is not too bad. This is $10,000 for pumping hot air.

Plus, I imagine they will take a cut from the Steam sales.

chronomac

I thought the same thing. Not even 600 orders yet? Hopefully the first couple months are good and people hop on the pump train.

Teggy

Has anyone used the multiple selection in Steam Economy Enhancer? It says you can use shift to select multiple items but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Nabs

You have been eating too many indiegala bundles, to the point that you don't see a good game when you see one. Just stick to my tastes and recommendations and you will be fine.

Considering it is a blind buy from a no-name company (at least, this is what people think if there isn't Nabs to tell them about Bowling), I think selling 500 subscriptions is not too bad. This is $10,000 for pumping hot air.

Plus, I imagine they will take a cut from the Steam sales.

I definitely think the publishing aspect is the most important part. He mentioned using THE PUMP as a way to show publishers that there's a market for these older titles. I hope things pick up once LIT is out there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I didnt say it wasnt a good game. Indiegala fodder bundles have plenty of good games. They are still ignored and mocked, and they cost $3 not $20.

Sorry that im not swept in the borderline meme-like wave of saying GAMEPUMP without any information and with the first game being completely underwhelming (asuming it is Lit).

it's about how it looks, not how it plays :>

yup, thats what I said

Never judge a book by its cover

So good that Blizzard hired the developer and the creator of Magic personally give him feedback

again, not the point of my post at all but hey GAMEPUMP etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom