• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok is trying to be cute you see, because I say his opinions are trash, so now hes all like "NO U".

I'm trying to be objective: Pony Island does not have enough argument to be GOTY. The gameplay is tedious and the gimmicks only work for the first playthrough. Plus I was stuck for too long looking for a little missingno square on the adventure map.

Next, I'll hear is that Stop, Dude is amazingly transgressive. Come on, it is a game about funny gimmicks which only work once.

Alien8

Ups!

CgC4t33.png

It looks like the second key is not valid. Sorry!

Edit:

The second one is not a Steam key, it's a key for the VIP corner of Bandai Namco.

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner?redirect=false

Thanks!

Teggy

So turns out that multi-select with Steam Economy Enhancer on Edge does work, it's just that the visual effect is really subtle. Also, control clicking in Edge causes a new window to be opened, which can be a little annoying.

I got a 66% coupon for The Deer, a game which is 99 cents without a coupon.

Lomax

The two hour limit on refunds is ridiculous. It takes longer than that with some games to see the faults and or tinker enough to know when a game runs like shit no matter what you do.

I bought Squad in the sales and the performance is absolute dogshite, just went to refund it but have 2.2 hours logged and nearly all of that was trying different configurations of settings, getting into a game and getting to an area where the framerate would be the worst.

So annoying.

If you're under the 2 hours, you're just guaranteed a refund, over 2 hours you can still request one and explain yourself and there's a decent chance it will be honored.

Colin.

eryYYMI.jpg

Just finished up playing Hitman GO to completion. Which turned out to be a surprisingly fun little puzzle game for me. Simple concept and gameplay, and a handful of level objectives that had me stumped looking at Youtube guides. Well worth the sale price I paid. Is the Lara Croft edition just as good, and does it differ enough from the Hitman edition? Wouldn't mind trying it if this is the case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm trying to be objective: Pony Island does not have enough argument to be GOTY. The gameplay is tedious and the gimmicks only work for the first playthrough. Plus I was stuck for too long looking for a little missingno square on the adventure map.

Next, I'll hear is that Stop, Dude is amazingly transgressive. Come on, it is a game about funny gimmicks which only work once.

See, now I cant tell if you're joking or not. Because if you're serious, than you have this arbitrary notion of what a game of the year is, and my kidding about your opinions being worthless will stop being a joke fast.

Pony Island was my favorite gaming experience this year, nothing came close. I dont give a fuck it only works once, I dont replay games, replay value is not one of my criteria for if a game is good or not. It had one of my favorite moments ever in a videogame. I loved the idea, the implementation, the writing, the puzzles and it resonated with me like no other game did. And thats why its my goty. I value originality a lot these days, which is why games like Dark Souls 3 or XCOM 2 are low on my list, they felt very much like been there done that. Doom is there because it completely surprised me and it does what it does almost flawlesslu, but I can guarantee that for example if there was a Doom 2 next year, it wouldnt rank high.

eryYYMI.jpg

Just finished up playing Hitman GO to completion. Which turned out to be a surprisingly fun little puzzle game for me. Simple concept and gameplay, and a handful of level objectives that had me stumped looking at Youtube guides. Well worth the sale price I paid. Is the Lara Croft edition just as good, and does it differ enough from the Hitman edition? Wouldn't mind trying it if this is the case.
LC Go is fantastic. It's an incredibly smart and well crafted evolution of the Go series. They put a ton of thought and effort in both figuring out how to expand on the formula and how to translate Tomb Raider to a turn-based puzzle format

The GDC talk on that process is very informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4MzuvliDs

Nabs

Paint it Back is great. He added a whole new set of puzzles for the presidential race, so I'm making my way through that while I'm still depressed over it.

Fuck.

Fuck.

It's happening.

I am fucking clicking with Thea. Holy shiiiit I am in for the time of my life!

Dumb battle/challenge though, I always autoresolve.
I wouldn't mind the battle system if it was different for the challenges, but doing the same thing for everything gets old fast. Auto-resolve is hella swingy, though. At the same skull level I've had it resolve for one character having 2 wounds, and then once two characters having 10+ wounds.

Thea's autoresolve is generally pretty fair, but for close battles you're better off manually resolving it. The main thing to keep in mind is what you're facing and how you decide to attack the challenge; like, bears are about as helpful as you'd expect in a social challenge vs. a fighting challenge. So long as you have one character that excels in a given non-fighting challenge, you should have a decent chance at success.

Fighting enemies martially is only really worth it when you can win without being badly wounded. Non-fighting challenges do not put characters in peril by virtue of being defeated like that. And further, autoresolve is hard on low-HP characters in a way that the player doesn't have to be.

It's really impressive how well Thea uses all of the stats flying around. It isn't surfaced very well, but they use it in the game to great effect. (From combat to dialog to events, all stats matter.)

Sarcasm

monster hunter is kind of similar to dragons dogma tho, right?

Maybe now it is closer, but I play both MH & DD and can tell the difference. DD is faster pace. I would put GE in-between, more towards MH.

(I am currently playing GE on and off)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Oxenfree
(4 Points) - INSIDE
(3 Points) - Pony Island
(2 Points) - Mafia III
(1 Point) - ABZÛ

I think Oxenfree should win GOTY because... it's an enjoyable adventure game with a great atmosphere and well-written dialogs.

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

I think The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine should win DLC of the Year because... it's my actual GOTY :)

Nabs

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Oxenfree
(4 Points) - INSIDE
(3 Points) - Pony Island
(2 Points) - Mafia III
(1 Point) - ABZÛ

I think Oxenfree should win GOTY because... it's an enjoyable adventure game with a great atmosphere and well-written dialogs.

KrPUjst.gif

Jawmuncher

It's my birthday and I ain't got shit to give any of y'all.

Just trying to see if I can use Birthday guilt to get Rtcn63 and Uncredited Male to finally get an avatar. It would be the best gift if you two did that for me.

rtcn63

Just trying to see if I can use Birthday guilt to get Rtcn63 and Uncredited Male to finally get an avatar. It would be the best gift if you two did that for me.

Avatars trigger me in the same way as comments by TEW haters and Doom 2016 lovers

Volimar

Are there no aliens previously encountered/mentioned in the game? That's awesome if so.

They existed in previous Elite games, but Elite Dangerous kind of updated the canon. Since the game launched, there have only been unknown artifacts, barnacles, and a few alien wrecks. Nothing with live aliens.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interesting...also, how can Idlemaster be logged in at the same time as Steam if I can't play games on two Steam clients at the same time?

You're not logged into Idle Master and Steam at the same time. It piggybacks off of your Steam client session and spoofs app IDs to cycle through different games.

Megasoum

Banned
Out of curiosity, just to find out how fucking bummed I might be...

Was Elite Dangerous (and the season pass expension) on sale during the steam sale last week?

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe now it is closer, but I play both MH & DD and can tell the difference. DD is faster pace. I would put GE in-between, more towards MH.

(I am currently playing GE on and off)
is there any exploration in god eater

rawr happy bday

Cels

anyone here interested in and ori and the blind forest definitive 75% off coupon?

expires 1/11/17

don't think i can give it away using modbot

gone, to endruen

Out of curiosity, just to find out how fucking bummed I might be...

Was Elite Dangerous (and the season pass expension) on sale during the steam sale last week?

They had a 33% discount on the game and season pass during the Black Friday sale, not sure about the Winter Sale but most likely the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom