• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
38 hours in, Nabs tells me if you go straight to the master puzzles in Paint it Black (when available) you get the previous medals automatically...

Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif

oh well at least I've been enjoying it >_>

38 hours in, Nabs tells me if you go straight to the master puzzles in Paint it Black (when available) you get the previous medals automatically...

Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif

oh well at least I've been enjoying it >_>

you do? I've done a few master puzzles and it didn't look like it gave me the medals

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you do? I've done a few master puzzles and it didn't look like it gave me the medals

Aye I just did one to confirm (because Nabs lies you see) and I got the pro medals aswell.

It would cut down on the game time since when possible you would be skipping the normal and pros and go straight to the master.

I did all the normals and was working on doing all the pros now and was saving the masters for last, hence the 38 hours >_>

so played some of paint it back which i won in a giveaway a few days ago... i thought I'd hate the game but it turns out its actually pretty fun, gonna play more tomorrow.

Rhaknar

good lord... is that a Yugioh prinny avatar?

shaking_head_disgust_keanu_reeves.gif

tomorrow bombs will be DROPPED

HuMBLE MoNThLY of SPLENDOR and GLORY, THE BEST EVER BUNDLE FIVE OF YOUR HOT HOT HOT WISHLISTED TITLES!!

also the GAMEPUMP will begin to flow!

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000t

what I want from humble tomorow:

Invisible Inc and / or Abzu in the current bundle.

Firewatch as the highlight of the next one. Do it Humble, stop fucking around.

Ozium

tomorrow bombs will be DROPPED

HuMBLE MoNThLY of SPLENDOR and GLORY, THE BEST EVER BUNDLE FIVE OF YOUR HOT HOT HOT WISHLISTED TITLES!!

also the GAMEPUMP will begin to flow!

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000t

zkylon

zkylewd
wow abzu was really moving, i loved it so much. i never played journey and i always wanted to but now i really really want to

also thanks to abzu i have now discovered i find giant squids incredibly terrifying

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I noticed a handful of older titles previously published by Kalypso Media got a new publisher: Assemble Entertainment around 3-4 months ago:
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&keyname=241&operator=3&keyvalue=Assemble+Entertainment

Today, Pizza Tycoon 1 and 2 for a release on GOG, same publisher:
https://www.gog.com/news/release_pizza_tycoon_pizza_tycoon_2

No website quite yet, but their twitter account shows them setting up an office and signing a contract:
https://twitter.com/assembleteam

Kalypso is still releasing games so I assume they're not going under any time soon. Wonder if Assemble is ex-Kalypso people taking some rights to older games or a newer company looking for older titles to relicense?

zkylon

zkylewd
ok something tells me doom shouldn't be running at like 20 fps no matter what settings i have on

like literally runs the exact same at low than ultra

hmmm

Yakkue

Hope they work:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil Daggers -- MB-9215F2D56AE2A76D - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-B4544519CB00D339 - Taken by Vazra. 2 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-69C3176CDDA56A1D - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.

t1483685069z1.png

Wok

I noticed a handful of older titles previously published by Kalypso Media got a new publisher: Assemble Entertainment around 3-4 months ago:
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&keyname=241&operator=3&keyvalue=Assemble+Entertainment

Today, Pizza Tycoon 1 and 2 for a release on GOG, same publisher:
https://www.gog.com/news/release_pizza_tycoon_pizza_tycoon_2

No website quite yet, but their twitter account shows them setting up an office and signing a contract:
https://twitter.com/assembleteam

Kalypso is still releasing games so I assume they're not going under any time soon. Wonder if Assemble is ex-Kalypso people taking some rights to older games or a newer company looking for older titles to relicense?

Robert Bowling is following them on Twitter, it is only recent though.

By the way, the GAMEPUMP people are awake. This is their first tweet this year.

uCfA3NR.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-DFC8E9775029C661 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-92BD626720505B17 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-E051669F8145EB8F - Taken by rostocker. 6 entrants total.
Faeria Early Access Bundle -- MB-3F932F7EB5D6E80B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-732FA447F234F759 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Kholat -- MB-21665ADE4E2A5F97 - Taken by Rudimental. 7 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-AB60B92296CE36AF - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-1A339F94CCF14F43 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Small Radios, Big Televisions -- MB-147C11526B050163 - Taken by madjoki. 10 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-7071E37D5EF4F804 - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.

t1483699451z1.png

JCG

Debating about buying the current Humble Monthly or not, but unless I completely forget...I'll likely end up biting at the last moment.

I honestly hope any potential Shenmue HD release has developers who aren't afraid of adding in a couple of quality of life options. Just don't make them mandatory.

zkylon

zkylewd
so now that it works, played that first level of doom

the guns are pretty great so far (i feel like they throw you that shitty pistol at the beginning just to put a frame of reference of what lame is before they immediately put an awesome shotgun in your hands like that's the real thing), and i really enjoy how they very clearly constructed arenas that are fun to do the game's challenges in. it's initially just really fun cos you're always jumping and shooting and running super fast, and not having to reload takes a while getting used to but it's just a dope feeling. i know there's secrets somewhere but i haven't found any and while these levels are mostly corridor->arena->corridor i find myself getting lost probably more than i should

but an hour or so in, i kind of feel tired of it already. the rhytm of shoot punch shoot chainsaw punch etc. i feel got repetitive even this early on and maybe it's the superspeed just not meshing well with my motion sickness but i feel really exhausted and a bit sick after playing it

i also feel like it's pretty cute that doom guy is like whatever fuck your story but you still get trapped in a room and stripped of your guns while a boring guy talks to you and you have a big map and colored keycards but it's still a very linear and directed experience of following an objective marker

i'll play some more of it cos holy shit it runs smooth but i can already tell this is not gonna win any awards from me :p

Windows. /shrug
yeah lol

maybe cos i had my computer on for like 6 days or something but now it runs like super smooth 60 fps on ultra

it's insane, really unbelievable in the face of fucking dishonored 2 and hitman running like absolute shit no matter what i did

Maybe it's the same alt tab issue mentioned the other day?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227586237&postcount=497
solved it by rebooting my pc lol

weird shit haha

Have you tried turning it off and on again always works.
honestly i only tried rebooting my pc with doom because it didn't seem to make any sense

like normally if i have bad framerate i'll just chalk it up to my computer being kind of old, but this was so weirdly specific at like 15-20 fps even on the menus and completely unaffected by the video settings that i just had to try

i started setting my computer to sleep at night like two months ago since i always fuck up my computers and they end up taking like 10 minutes to boot so i guess this is a side effect of that :T

It's so strange to hear that rebooting your PC to fix an issue is regarded as something weird. I'm still amazed every time I install new graphics drivers and don't need to reboot.

Just had an idle thought that it would be rather awkward if Blood & Wine ended up getting more GOTY points than the actual GOTY winner. It's not likely to happen since DLC can get a maximum of 3 points, voting for the category is optional
and most of you heathen probably haven't played it,
but it would be something if it did. I'm fairly certain B&W has it's category on lock more than any game does for the other categories.

Yakkue

GOTY voting is quite hard for 2016... I know that Deponia Doomsday is my #1 and Stardew Valley #2, but I can't quite make up my mind about the rest.

Do you have to vote for 3 EA games, or could you also only put in one vote for a single game? Because there is only one EA game I would vote for.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's so strange to hear that rebooting your PC to fix an issue is regarded as something weird. I'm still amazed every time I install new graphics drivers and don't need to reboot.
yeah, the old process without auto-updating and having to reboot your pc seems so bothersome now

you didn't get new videocard drivers every two weeks back then tho

This can happen if the GPU driver crashes and gets locked to lower clocks (safe mode)
ahh, interesting

weird tho, since i was running abzu just fine like 10 minutes before doom

Just had an idle thought that it would be rather awkward if Blood & Wine ended up getting more GOTY points than the actual GOTY winner. It's not likely to happen since DLC can get a maximum of 3 points, voting for the category is optional
and most of you heathen probably haven't played it,
but it would be something if it did. I'm fairly certain B&W has it's category on lock more than any game does for the other categories.
could be, it's not a strong competition really

Tizoc

GOTY voting is quite hard for 2016... I know that Deponia Doomsday is my #1 and Stardew Valley #2, but I can't quite make up my mind about the rest.

Do you have to vote for 3 EA games, or could you also only put in one vote for a single game? Because there is only one EA game I would vote for.
I only voted for 4 games and pmed them to shackles

Haha i get what u mean
I remember the olden days of needing to reboot to use certain software or hardware

Haha i get what u mean
I remember the olden days of needing to reboot to use certain software or hardware

I sort of strangely miss editing config.sys and autoexec.bat, disabling the cdrom so I could have enough memory to use a soundblaster with some games. Of course I don't miss tearing my hair out trying to get both the cdrom and soundblaster working at the same time for games that needed the disc.

yeah lol

maybe cos i had my computer on for like 6 days or something but now it runs like super smooth 60 fps on ultra

That'll do it. Windows and applications don't always completely return assets after use, after a while it can build up.

I know SWTOR is notoriously bad in this case. The game rarely closes properly leaving all sorts of crap everywhere and it's performance will degrade over time without a reset.

I sort of strangely miss editing config.sys and autoexec.bat, disabling the cdrom so I could have enough memory to use a soundblaster with some games. Of course I don't miss tearing my hair out trying to get both the cdrom and soundblaster working at the same time for games that needed the disc.

Do I need the mouse for this, or not? I can run the soundblaster if not!

Kids today will never know the pain of those choices.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-DFC8E9775029C661 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-92BD626720505B17 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-E051669F8145EB8F - Taken by rostocker. 6 entrants total.
Faeria Early Access Bundle -- MB-3F932F7EB5D6E80B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-732FA447F234F759 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Kholat -- MB-21665ADE4E2A5F97 - Taken by Rudimental. 7 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-AB60B92296CE36AF - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-1A339F94CCF14F43 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Small Radios, Big Televisions -- MB-147C11526B050163 - Taken by madjoki. 10 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-7071E37D5EF4F804 - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.

t1483699451z1.png

Tizoc

So according to UPlay, Ubi have tracked 30 million free games claimed during the event.
While I can't recall when they started giving away free games, that would mean there had been at least 3 million UPlay users.

I call BS and demand to see receipts.
This is the same company that has no idea what the term iconic means.

Rizzi

I beat Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero a few days ago, and now I'm going back and playing Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse.

Gotta say, I like Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse a lot more.

Danielsan

Started Oxenfree last night. I'm about an hour and half in, but enjoying the hell out of it. Really glad to have picked it up during the sale. The pathfinding in the game can be a bit buggy at times (especially when the a.i. has to climb walls), but voice acting and presentation are fantastic. I really love there walk and talk dialogue system. Can't wait to get back to it either tonight or tomorrow.

Tektonic

And then the brought memmaker to try and help you along. But man oh man, DOS=HIGH,UMB was a life saver!

Oh, and LH mscdex

illusionary

After seeing Tizoc's post yesterday and then watching Giant Bomb's quick look today (impressively well-coordinated timing!) - how did I miss Ittle Dew 2?* That looks like a game that I'd love and, while I agree with other views that it may not sell bundles in the way that would be needed for it to be a headline game, I very much hope that we'll see it bundled at some point. For now, both that and the first game are now in my Steam wishlist. I guess that I've probably missed the chance to get the first game from a bundle, but now that has me wondering what other gems I might be missing in the bundles currently on offer from Bundle Stars... I think that I'll take a proper look through some of the older ones shortly.

*Rhetorical question - the answer clearly is that I've not been following the indie discussion threads here closely enough!

Ban Puncher

885sNTV.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xheRJRF.gif
Ride to Hell: Retribution -- MB-D02BC2CADF056922 - Taken by rainking187. 25 entrants total.

t1483711268z1.png

Ganado

I beat Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero a few days ago, and now I'm going back and playing Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse.

Gotta say, I like Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse a lot more.
I really don't like RR that much. I just got all achievements for it after buying it on release, but I had way more fun with the other games.

After seeing Tizoc's post yesterday and then watching Giant Bomb's quick look today (impressively well-coordinated timing!) - how did I miss Ittle Dew 2?* That looks like a game that I'd love and, while I agree with other views that it may not sell bundles in the way that would be needed for it to be a headline game, I very much hope that we'll see it bundled at some point. For now, both that and the first game are now in my Steam wishlist. I guess that I've probably missed the chance to get the first game from a bundle, but now that has me wondering what other gems I might be missing in the bundles currently on offer from Bundle Stars... I think that I'll take a proper look through some of the older ones shortly.

I remember the original being a charming little zelda clone with a heavy emphasis on block puzzles, but I don't recall anyone clamouring for a sequel. I did like the spin-off card game, Card City Nights, so you might want to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom