• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

SteamGaf right now

0FpJO0t.gif

Source?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, have you subscribed for 10 years already?

Haha, I'd planned on subscribing a second year before the price increase but now might go the whole hog and get three since the 1080 Ti "skipped" CES.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They could only get 600 people to shell out $20 or less? That's...not good.

It's over $13,000 for what is, at this point, essentially a promise. I imagine they'll be relying a lot on word of mouth as well as the gaggle of folks that are waiting to see what the quality of the games looks like.

Lain

I tried to play Inferno Climber again, but the game is still unable to keep up a constant framerate for me and it annoys me.

Wok

I think the guy went on Twitter last month or during an interview (can't remember which) where he specifically said that subscribers started blowing up after word got around on NeoGAF.

Never forget who lit the fire. (obfuscated avatar for future privacy when this image is used in 10 years and GAMEPUMP is the new Valve)

0twcmRh.png

rdytoroll

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rdytoroll, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-2AB49C8ADA3C1C8F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.

t1483729157z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If all these games have cards I figure Gamepump almost pays for itself

Especially true if a) Gamepump subscribers get the games before they're officially released on Steam (which at this point seems likely) and b) the game is a somewhat popular classic game / franchise.

Wok

Especially true if a) Gamepump subscribers get the games before they're officially released on Steam (which at this point seems likely) and b) the game is a somewhat popular classic game / franchise.

The "life support" update for Idle Master suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Cropped image for posterity. November 16, 2016. 12:51 AM.

hmBFtU4.png

jshackles

Seems like all of their subscribers are from here. Nice cult.

We are literally their target demographic. Not too many people are as crazy as we are when it comes to Steam games. So yeah.

Nice cult btw =)

Lain

Would not mind modern remakes of Hard Hat Mack and Alley Cat tbh...

Ahah, Alley Cat. Man that brings back memories of a past life, when my dad brought back home a PC from his job and I got to play that, Xenon, Leisure Suit Larry and other stuff.

Zeeman

Also, the website said you could choose Steam keys instead of DRM free but didn't give any option to select that up front from what I could tell. I guess it'll be on a game by game basis?

jshackles

Never forget who lit the fire. (obfuscated avatar for future privacy when this image is used in 10 years and GAMEPUMP is the new Valve)

I should have signed up to be an influencer, could have made bank.

duckroll

I should have signed up to be an influencer, could have made bank.

"You receive 10% of every annual subscription you sell."

The fuck? That seems like a broken system. If an annual subscription is $20, and $1 goes to charity, and $2 goes to someone using a referral, that's $1.30 per game they make. Did they even think this through?

You guys almost got me pumped up yesterday but if Lit is their debut title which in theory should probably be the best they have to offer to drive interest early on... I decided to pass.

jshackles

"You receive 10% of every annual subscription you sell."

The fuck? That seems like a broken system. If an annual subscription is $20, and $1 goes to charity, and $2 goes to someone using a referral, that's $1.30 per game they make. Did they even think this through?

If I had to guess, they put all these plans in motion with their $60 price point for the annual subscription in mind. For all we know, the $20 price point expires today and is only valid for people willing to put their trust in Gamepump without any historical reference to the quality of their releases.

Megauap

Humble Monthly with an annual subscription:
  • deal: $132 for at least 72 Steam keys for recent games with positive reviews (possibly up to 96 games).
  • price per Steam key: between $1.38 and $1.83.

GAMEPUMP with an annual subscription:
  • deal: $20 for at least 13 Steam keys for new games (I suspect we will get more games)
  • price per Steam key: $1.54

So basically one pays blindly $1.50 per game and receives recent games wiht positive reviews, guaranteed

Looking at it that way it's not so bad.
Let's see how this year begins in terms of monthly games.

On one hand, anime pump ewwwww.

On the other, maybe we get that PC port of Popful Mail from Falcom with updated Clinton jokes from Vic himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom