• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

WHAT WERE WESTWOOD SMOKING IN THE 90S?! HOW COULD YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD THING TO INCLUDE IN A KID'S GAME?!?!?!!?

Heart_of_Darkness_PSX_092.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn, Steam support couldn't delete these guest pass thingies. I guess they'll just live in my inventory forever.

we had a bot to dump them in I think. I have the SFV beta passes that I wanted to get rid of also

Erekiddo

Not entirely sure why when something happens, companies take so long to make a statement. The longer time passes, the angrier us 10s of people get.

Ozium

Played a little of Neon Chrome and it is a fairly solid roguelite shooter.. lots of loot/weapon options to pick up, nice cyberpunk aesthetic and soundtrack.. pretty fun.

also it dropped me a foil that someone had a buy order on the market for $3... humble stays winning

Nzyme32

For you STALKER and Russian game dev fans, Escape From Tarkov is looking to be a pretty deep game.

2016 Dev Summary (18:45)

Insane gun customization and modeling, things like barrel lengths and stocks folded or not effect handling in tight spaces, blind fire around corners and over cover where you actually fire blind and can't see the enemy, and WEAPON DEGRADATION AND JAMMING. I love it.

Oh, also a day night cycle and variable weather. Night is DARK.

I hope there can be single player in there. I could do with a new game that is this but also kind of Stalker

Lain

*Deep breath*
k1020.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

WHAT WERE WESTWOOD SMOKING IN THE 90S?! HOW COULD YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD THING TO INCLUDE IN A KID'S GAME?!?!?!!?

That the cavern where you gotta find the right path? Or was that in Hands of Fate?
Man, I loved the Legend of Kyrandia games. I wish Westwood made more of those games.

Jawmuncher

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Quantum Break
(4 Points) - Deus Ex Mankind Divided
(3 Points) - Doom
(2 Points) - Dead Rising
(1 Point) - Xanadu Next

Here's my list.
Overall it was kinda a weak year. My regular list will be different, since the majority of my favs this year were not on steam. I decided between Dead Rising and Resident Evil 0.
Dead Rising get's the edge since it's a more unique experience and highly more memorable compared to RE0.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So how exactly does family share work? Can people play games at the same time as im playing a different game (obviously not the same one) or what?

I remember reading initially that you couldnt even log in if someone else was playing and it made the whole thing useless but surely thats not the case?

kulapik

https://www.gamepump.com/announcements/

Gamepump by itself is getting delayed, but we're getting Lit regardless this month, and an NES horror game this month. They don't count towards the 12 monthly games nor the bonus ones.

Also, getting DRM-Free by GOG, though this part irks me:

Lastly, we're excited to announce that we've been working with GOG.com to ensure that every game that appears in the GAMEPUMP service will be available first on GOG.com as a DRM-FREE version of the game. Subscribers will now have the option to redeem their DRM-FREE GOG.com version of the game by default and will be given the option to forfeit their DRM-FREE copy in exchange for a STEAM key (once available on STEAM).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PSA: games not released on Steam are not eligible for SteamGAF GOTY

https://www.gamepump.com/announcements/

Gamepump by itself is getting delayed, but we're getting Lit regardless this month, and an NES horror game this month. They don't count towards the 12 monthly games nor the bonus ones.

Also, getting DRM-Free by GOG, though this part irks me:

Meh, whatevs. Happy to wait.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

D/Generation HD -- MB-605517C5654A1D28 - Taken by Natty1
THE BOOK OF DESIRES STEAM -- MB-CFBD4218F4315BFC - Taken by fuzzy123
Zolg -- MB-7D09128F9574C64B - Taken by longlivegaming

my thoughts on Gamepump...

if they were so behind with any of their internal timetables why did they wait until the day the service was supposed to start to say anything...very stupid decision to stay quiet that long before saying any of this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Gamepump is now primarly a GOG service? We're moving all the memes out of here? :)

Honestly, I'm torn. I love GOG and have a few hundred games on the service, but I have a few thousand games on Steam so it's obviously my platform of choice.

The announcement also makes it sound like it's "GOG first, and if you don't redeem your GOG key you can wait for the game to release on Steam" which is kinda shitty.

But then again, NES horror game coming to PC for the first time? *imagines English version of Sweet Home on PC* These types of games supposidely "not reflective of the types of games you'll be receiving as part of your subscription"? WTF does that mean?

gngf123

I'm more than happy with GOG. GOG is great.

"Redeem on GOG or wait for a steam copy" is a bad way of handling it though.

Pffft. GOG hasn't been doing much it seems lately on getting older games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227787666&postcount=2321

This is funny now.

#GOGPump

The announcement also makes it sound like it's "GOG first, and if you don't redeem your GOG key you can wait for the game to release on Steam" which is kinda shitty.

It's indeed shitty, and if not that, it's at least confusing. I love GOG, but the right thing after a delay like this would be GOG+Steam for all subscribers. Not this "GOG! And maybe Steam....probably....but not both!".

Tektonic

This delay could be as short as three weeks (by the end of Jan) or as long as a month (early March), we are working to get it shippable as soon as possible.

Isn't that two months gamepump? Early March - January 6th?

phrostb

Neo Member
Instead of doing this gog by default/forfeit thing, why not only give steam keys and then let people use GOG connect to have both?

Arminsc

Just subscribed to gamepump this morning on a whim, and now that I arrive home I see this. At least I hope the wait is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom