• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapejara

I'm perfectly fine with a delay, but going from "DRM-free OR Steam at launch!" to "GOG first, probably Steam later but possibly not because we need to go through Greenlight" is a shit move to pull last minute. Glad they're offering refunds, not sure if I'm going to use mine yet, but I would have preferred to know this before I sub'd last night.

Finally managed to get it to work by nuking the key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jotun -- MB-1056F6B420490C66 - Taken by Kifimbo. 23 entrants total.

t1483761483z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm understanding that Bowling hopes that when they have a game approved on Greenlight they'll be able to publish the others without it... and I don't think it works that way, right?

Correct. Valve could choose to make an exception, however even if all of the games have to go through Greenlight, it'd just be a mild inconvenience as the chance of them not making the cut is slim to non-existent. I can understand people feeling baited and switched, though.

Vamphuntr

According to their twitter account they are trying to put Lit on steam through Wayforward steam account. This is some amateur hour stuff.

So Lit will be a new version but based on the IOS version not the WiiWare game. Very meh.

safe to say Gamepump is a complete cluster* at this point

not really surprising...they advertised by smoke and mirrors and made assumptions they never should have made for Steam keys...I spend money stupidly at times but even I wasn't going to throw money at this because I figured it would end up being a dumpster fire

gngf123

Wayforward's site says the iOS version of Lit released in 2015. How is that in any way a classic?

They have a very loose definition of classic. Roughly meaning "any game that was well received".

I kid you not:

We use it loosely, which I hope our fans will enjoy. To us, Classic includes ANY game that has been received and was technically well done and a fan favorite. Age isn't really a factor, as long as it's going to be brand new to our audience and not already in their Steam or GOG library and is a great game, then we'd love to have it in the service. Some games could be as recent as one or two generations ago, others could be 25 years old.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wait so if LIT is a "bonus" game what will be the actual release? or we dont know?

... LIT is the January game, and your subscription is extended. The NES Horror game is the February game, and that would have been the "13th" game of your 12 game subscription. The March release will be the first game that is a part of your 12 game subscription.

kulapik

So it's a remake?
Does this mean there will be no "real" ports?
Bringing classic games to PC and using mobile versions as base seems wrong on every level for me.
Didn't care much about the delay, but this is probably a dealbreaker for me.

At least it's a bonus game.

... LIT is the January game, and your subscription is extended. The NES Horror game is the February game, and that would have been the "13th" game of your 12 game subscription. The March release will be the first game that is a part of your 12 game subscription.

No, the 12 game subscription is 15 games now, the 13th game of your sub is just an extra month, I believe.

gngf123

So it's a remake?
Does this mean there will be no "real" ports?
Bringing classic games to PC and using mobile versions as base seems wrong on every level for me.
Didn't care much about the delay, but this is probably a dealbreaker for me.

They announced that Lit will not be representative of what you'll get through GamePump. It is a separate bonus game.

I assume that means that they realised people don't think of wii/iOS remakes as ports of "classic" games.

OneUh8

Sad to learn we won't be getting PUMPED today. I am going to keep my sub though. I am sure I will get at least 1 game that will make it all worth it. If not, oh well. Only $20.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

no they say Lit is a "sorry for the clusterfuck" gift. Hell they even make it sound like people that refund still get it if they subbed before January 6th

Dinjoralo

I'm gonna keep my sub going... There could still be something great at the end of all this.

Though I have to ask... Who was the one spreading GamePump around so feverishly in the first place?

no they say Lit is a "sorry for the clusterfuck" gift. Hell they even make it sound like people that refund still get it if they subbed before January 6th

Yeah I kinda feel it's like this as well.
Didn't we pretty much figure out that LIT would be the first game to actually be released as a part of Gamepump?
Just seems strange to have a separate "bonus game" out of nowhere.

Eila

The game shall be better on a controller. There was no virtual d-pad on the game so movement was a bit jerky, and it's the speedrunning type game where you have to optimize your route.
But the game is also absurdly short and easy. I have no desire to replay it even if it has controller support.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
no they say Lit is a "sorry for the clusterfuck" gift.

The start of the service will be delayed. In the mean time, they will release Lit and the NES horror game separate from the 12 game subscription (so one of these games will have been the "13th" game you subscribe for, and the other is an unexpected bonus). They will release the monthly games when they are able to get stuff done, but in the worst case scenario March.

I know that people are frustrated and need emotional validation or whatever, but it doesn't take much effort to read first and flip out later.

On the start of the service:
Despite our best efforts, we were unable to meet our development, submission, and release schedule we had planned. Which would have had our first game release to subscribers today (January 6th, 2017).

Rather than push an unfinished slate of games out the door to meet this deadline, we have decided to delay the launch of the service to ensure that we can meet the expectations of our fans and subscribers.

This delay could be as short as three weeks (by the end of Jan) or as long as a month (early March), we are working to get it shippable as soon as possible.

Okay, so recap of this Finnegan's Wake style magnum opus: The service is being delayed until ready, which is from end of January-early March.

On refunds:
If you would like to cancel your preorder and receive a full refund via the payment method you subscribed with, please fill out the form located at the bottom of this announcement and we will get it processed as fast as possible.

Summary: You can get a refund.

On the bonus games:
Regardless if you decide to leave the service, or if you decide to stick it out with us, we have a few tokens of our appreciation we'd like to offer as an official apology.

All subscribers who purchased a subscription on or before January 6th, 2017 (our intended launch day) will still be receiving a game in Jan and in Feb, however these games will be BONUS games, and not part of your GAMEPUMP subscription. This just means they're great games, but not reflective of the types of games you'll be receiving as part of your subscription and do not count as part of your 12 games (with an annual subscription).

The first bonus game for Jan will be the award winning puzzle game LIT from Wayforward. We've rebuilt the game from the ground up for PC and added a new playable character. This game is our gift to you and does not count against your 12 game total.

The second bonus game which will be sent out in Feb is an NES horror game that has been brought to PC for the first time.

Summary: Everyone, including those who refund, get Lit and the NES horror game. What remains after that is a 12 game annual subscription. So the original 12+1 was including a single bonus game, and now you are getting two bonus games, so there's a total of 14 games, 12+2.

Hell they even make it sound like people that refund still get it if they subbed before January 6th

Yes, that's literally exactly what they're saying.

Hopefully this cheers up everyone who hasnt gotten PUMPED

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Project CARS -- MB-B9AEDC3A32599247 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 26 entrants total.
Jotun -- MB-CF46620D58184D04 - Taken by rainking187. 10 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-91006B57F7853882 - Taken by Volimar. 21 entrants total.

t1483762677z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom