• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dragon's Dogma didnt come out this year on Steam tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No, but it came out in 2016

I meant 2016 and what? I could sware it was 2015... was it on my 52 games list?

Oh shit lol there it is. Man im old, I need a new brain... shit this changes everything GOTY wise.

Actually not really, I'd probably bump Flame in the Flood of the top 10 but thats about it, it wouldnt make top 5 anyway. Carry on shack.

Edit: in fact, is the pc one even eligible for the overall gaf goty thread?

I meant 2016 and what? I could sware it was 2015... was it on my 52 games list?

Oh shit lol there it is. Man im old, I need a new brain... shit this changes everything GOTY wise.

Actually not really, I'd probably bump Flame in the Flood of the top 10 but thats about it, it wouldnt make top 5 anyway. Carry on shack.

Edit: in fact, is the pc one even eligible for the overall gaf goty thread?

It is eligible for the overall, though I won't be putting it on my list there since for that I only plan on voting for games that had their original western release this year. For overall my top 5 will change by having Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the #4 spot.

tumblr_ojdgnfQz3y1qbsnepo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ojdgnfQz3y1qbsnepo2_1280.jpg

Oh Kojima...

kagamin

I'm rather proud of myself, I've unlocked Monk and Dragoon as well as getting my Conjurer, Miner, and Leatherworker up to level 16, and I still have 4 days left of my Final Fantasy XIV trial, I'll probably activate my copy later today though because I can't go any further in the main story without doing so. I'll make it the first game I beat this year for sure.

Rhaknar

oh lol I thought that Super Villain Inc thing was just a joke but its actually on my paypal receipt. Thats amazingly unfortunate :D

yuraya

Don't Breathe was an okay film. I wouldn't call it a horror movie tho.

Conjuring 2 now..that was a horror movie. Fucking terrifying.

JarrodL

My steam goty list:

(5 Points) - XCOM 2
(4 Points) - Hitman
(3 Points) - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
(2 Points) - No Man's Sky
(1 Point) - Quantum Break

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

If the voting wasn't split for dlc, Blood and Wine would take Hitman's 2nd spot on GOTY list, it's that good.

zkylon

zkylewd
doom has done right and has started throwing tons of different enemies and guns so it's def gotten a couple more hours out of me

and i want to play some more of it

i feel like it could fit a 10th spot on my goty list, but probably not even that

it kind of reminds me of dying light for last year, a game i played really late and i sort of enjoyed but i also found really tiring, myself not being super into violent stuff

i wish they managed to make the story feel like you're actually doing something instead of just coming up for excuses for you to run around random facilities killing monsters

Tizoc

doom has done right and has started throwing tons of different enemies and guns so it's def gotten a couple more hours out of me

and i want to play some more of it

i feel like it could fit a 10th spot on my goty list, but probably not even that

it kind of reminds me of dying light for last year, a game i played really late and i sort of enjoyed but i also found really tiring, myself not being super into violent stuff

i wish they managed to make the story feel like you're actually doing something instead of just coming up for excuses for you to run around random facilities killing monsters
What do u mean come up with excuses?
The gane's plot is u going around killing demons
You dont need to know any more than that

zkylon

zkylewd
that's cool but the way the game's presented is like you gotta go set up this relay and then power up this other thing and then talk with this person and whatnot

it's a weird structure that feels kind of at odds with being like you say, a game about killing shit

like why even give me this excuse, it's so bad i'd rather not have any

Rhaknar

man, Epistory is great, just did the first dungeon. Typing shit frenetically to killt hings is fun, I really need to play Typing of the Dead.

Tizoc

that's cool but the way the game's presented is like you gotta go set up this relay and then power up this other thing and then talk with this person and whatnot

it's a weird structure that feels kind of at odds with being like you say, a game about killing shit

like why even give me this excuse, it's so bad i'd rather not have any
Ok fine it is an excuse just to go about killing demons :p
Really all it comes down to in kost stages is getting to point b while killing demons
Just ignore the plot elements and joyously blast demons to shreds
I personally sidnt care why im at any location in the game

Wok

he's blaming the steam thing on the fact that he says they have to use greenlight

but if you search for LIT on greenlight, it's not even there

hmm

LIT

greenLIGHT

Makes sense. Edit:

xJLRH0J.png

So basically, bad news consists of:
  • unforeseeable delay for LIT, despite having Wayforward's rights to publish on Steam
  • mobile port
  • Greenlight for next games
  • GOG or Steam, but not both, and Steam always delayed

The start of the service will be delayed. In the mean time, they will release Lit and the NES horror game separate from the 12 game subscription (so one of these games will have been the "13th" game you subscribe for, and the other is an unexpected bonus).

[...]

Summary: Everyone, including those who refund, get Lit and the NES horror game. What remains after that is a 12 game annual subscription. So the original 12+1 was including a single bonus game, and now you are getting two bonus games, so there's a total of 14 games, 12+2.

Nope. Thankfully.

Leepokt.png

who knows, one of his excuses was that they are 'technically a new publisher' so it seems as though GamePump will be publishing titles?

wayforward doesn't have to go through greenlight, they couldn't have pointed gamepump to someone at valve to talk to about bypassing it? also, there are plenty of first time publishers and devs who self publish on steam without going through greenlight, are they just more connected than Robert Bowling?

this whole thing seems odd to me

There are only a few ways to bypass Greenlight, and a publisher is the easiest. Getting a good relationship with Valve as an indie dev is worth its weight in gelder.

Wok

the money seems better well spent towards Humble. There, I know the games will be at least high quality, going by their past months. Will try it out for a few months

Welcome on board. Their monthly deal is surreal in terms of value.

edit: also, I was browsing previous months Monthlys, and I just noticed its always 8 games >_>

It has been that way from the start. :p

yep...they said on Twitter they shouldn't have made the assumption about getting Steam keys like that

so they advertised something that they couldn't even guarantee and hadn't bothered to even get real information about and yet still took people's money without saying a word about anything until they finally had to today

This is the story of every Kickstarter campaign.

so I did some reading on this game pump thing, but basically it's a vaguer humble monthly but for old games?

Gamepump is more like an ever-ongoing kickstarter campaign.

Humble Monthly is a revival of the original Humble bundles, the ones for which you could pay 1 cent if you will but I ended up giving them $12 instead because of how good they were. This has all been lost with "buying a bundle" being the equivalent of "throwing $1 for a bunch of Steam keys of games that I will idle for Steam trading cards". I'm not even kidding, this was the money I spent on my first humble bundle six years ago, and I had already paid $15 for Super Meat Boy two weeks earlier...

kIxD5TS.png

Exactly the price of a Humble Monthly bundle. Coincidence?

MaxiLive

Shame about Gamepump sounding a bit like a failure I'll probably keep my sub though as the $20 isn't the biggest loss for me even if all the games end up being iOS ports...

I also totally forgot that AGDQ starts this weekend!!! Wooooooo!

Tizoc

Shame about Gamepump sounding a bit like a failure I'll probably keep my sub though as the $20 isn't the biggest loss for me even if all the games end up being iOS ports...

I also totally forgot that AGDQ starts this weekend!!! Wooooooo!
Oh snap it does!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Zanzura, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zanzura, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC -- MB-B636F4A85300156A - Taken by Blu(e). 59 entrants total.

t1483829799z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My memory... And still no Steam key... I'm out.

As far as I'm aware, the PC version has never been sold anywhere outside of the bundle. I'd guess a PC version was never planned and its inclusion in the bundle was a spur-of-the-moment decision.

I'm completely floored by the XCOM 2 Humble Monthly. It's the greatest deal of the year.

Steam deals are dead. Long live our Humble overlords!
Out of curiousity, what level are you guys in Overwatch? Let's see how unfaithful you've been to Steam :p

I'm 155.

It's why I never fell into this gamepump tomfoolery.

XShagrath

man, Epistory is great, just did the first dungeon. Typing shit frenetically to killt hings is fun, I really need to play Typing of the Dead.
I found it very enjoyable as well. I really need to go back and try to 100% it one day. Some of those later spawn nests get pretty crazy though.

Megauap

Everything is a success, but how do you actually get the key?

Log in with both Steam and Twitter on top of the page and then complete the 8 steps listed below. Some Twitter, Steam groups and Youtube subscriptions.
After you get the key you can rollback all those subscriptions.

Sarcasm

Log in with both Steam and Twitter on top of the page and then complete the 8 steps listed below. Some Twitter, Steam groups and Youtube subscriptions.
After you get the key you can rollback all those subscriptions.

No, it is all success...thing is I don't see a key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just snagged a key myself. It automatically appeared below the checklist after I completed the last step.

Lain

Did all those steps to find out I already own this (removed?) game.

Quote to get it so you don't have to sell your soul to the devil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom