• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

Guys, I've been meaning to ask something regarding MSI Afterburner. Is there a way I can add some space between these OSDs? I'd love to have it like this:

FPS

GPU temp
GPU load
GPU speed

Core 1
Core 2
Core 3
Core 4

CPU avg
RAM

But now they're all below each other without any space space in between:

screenshot_2rvqzn.png

Out of curiousity, what level are you guys in Overwatch? Let's see how unfaithful you've been to Steam :p

I'm 155.

36, I think. I do really love the game but I just get tired a lot lately and my group is never around to play anyway, and those that are, they're way above my level now. Mostly I just play the Arcade mode.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nete, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-BE55872A8E825C9C - Taken by Platy. 63 entrants total.

t1483813308z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned
Guys, I've been meaning to ask something regarding MSI Afterburner. Is there a way I can add some space between these OSDs? I'd love to have it like this:

FPS

GPU temp
GPU load
GPU speed

Core 1
Core 2
Core 3
Core 4

CPU avg
RAM

screenshot_2rvqzn.png
I believe you can't without hacking the .exe or something.

FPS

GPU temp
GPU load
GPU speed

Core 1
Core 2
Core 3
Core 4

CPU avg
RAM

screenshot_2rvqzn.png
For nicer looking try using Nxzt's CAM. It's buggy and unpredictable but when it works it's the nicest set up. I hope they keep updates coming.

Purkake4

Banned
Woah, woah no one told me christmas cards double in value after the sale. That needs to be in the OT, people!

EDIT: Never mind, it's just Villain Most In Need Of A Hug...

Orgen

Just beat RE7 demo (yeah, yeah, LTTP) with the Welcome to the Family ending and it was ok. I'm still not 100% convinced that Resident Evil could translate as a First Person game but the demo showed me that maybe it's possible.

Now I'm playing Limbo and it's alright. Was there any controversy for the gruesome deaths of the game? Because some of them are... damn! (I'd say at the same level as TR2013 without the graphic fidelity).

And not STEAM related but also finished Starfox Zero... f*** the last boss that got me stuck for 2 weeks :( Anyone here played it?

Ascheroth

I am not the person that will give money i advance without knowing what will i get. I would rather buy games that i want separately. And no i don;t want to sell games that i don't want.

Yeah, I think the same way.
Also, while Humble Monthly bang-for-your-buck value is insane, it's also somewhat illusionary value for me.
132$ for 96 games in a year is ridiculous, considering average quality.
But!
There's no way I'd be able to play all those 96 games and there'd still be other games I'd want to play and buy regardless, which doesn't make it better.
I'm at the point where my library is huge (well to me 400 is a lot, to some of you it's probably nothing ;) ) and while there are obviously a good number of games that are trash or that I'm just never going to play for other reasons, there's also a large amount of good games in there that I actually want to play.
Frankly, no matter how good the games and value of the Humble Monthly are, if I don't know what I'm getting beforehand and won't have time or drive to play most of it it's still money wasted for me, since I could have used that money for buying games and bundles I actually want and where I know what I'm getting.
Only exception would be if the showcase game is something I want to play immediately.

Wok

Yeah, I think the same way.
Also, while Humble Monthly bang-for-your-buck value is insane, it's also somewhat illusionary value for me.
132$ for 96 games in a year is ridiculous, considering average quality.
But!
There's no way I'd be able to play all those 96 games and there'd still be other games I'd want to play and buy regardless, which doesn't make it better.
I'm at the point where my library is huge (well to me 400 is a lot, to some of you it's probably nothing ;) ) and while there are obviously a good number of games that are trash or that I'm just never going to play for other reasons, there's also a large amount of good games in there that I actually want to play.
Frankly, no matter how good the games and value of the Humble Monthly are, if I don't know what I'm getting beforehand and won't have time or drive to play most of it it's still money wasted for me, since I could have used that money for buying games and bundles I actually want and where I know what I'm getting.
Only exception would be if the showcase game is something I want to play immediately.

You are like my friend who bought this game full price yesterday:

Or like my other friend who bought this game full price two weeks before the Thanksgiving sale:

Lomax

Woah, woah no one told me christmas cards double in value after the sale. That needs to be in the OT, people!

EDIT: Never mind, it's just Villain Most In Need Of A Hug...

It's never happened before, every other sale the cards expired at the end of the sale.

Just beat RE7 demo (yeah, yeah, LTTP) with the Welcome to the Family ending and it was ok. I'm still not 100% convinced that Resident Evil could translate as a First Person game but the demo showed me that maybe it's possible.

Now I'm playing Limbo and it's alright. Was there any controversy for the gruesome deaths of the game? Because some of them are... damn! (I'd say at the same level as TR2013 without the graphic fidelity).

And not STEAM related but also finished Starfox Zero... f*** the last boss that got me stuck for 2 weeks :( Anyone here played it?
Star Fox was the most disappointing thing I played last year. Fuck Nintendo trying to innovate just to innovate, it once again killed Star Fox.

Monooboe

So how will they do with the taxes on cards that sell for 0.03 euro? Not give any money at all?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I thought the tax thing was for selling things, like cards.XD

Lomax

I think why some of us (like me) are so struck by the humble monthly now is that in the beginning, we thought it wouldn't be worthwhile, and it has ended up being surprisingly great. Yeah, for those of you who buy tons of new releases, it's not that appealing. But for those of us super budget conscious about every game purchase, it has gone from a disinterested pass in the beginning to a must buy a year later, by having a far more impressive selection of games than we ever expected. And the advance game mitigates a ton of the risk most months, which didn't exist in the beginning.

If there was a month where I didn't want the advance game *and* I couldn't sell it for at least $5, I'd probably cancel for that month. But that hasn't happened to me yet since I started buying them last summer.

Purkake4

Banned
Always had VAT included in my Steam purchases...

Also anyone thinking that digital goods should be tax-exmpt for no reason is living in a dream world.

Jawmuncher

There's a whole other section of the house you missed if you didn't know.
Open the fireplace right at the start and you can go upstairs and then into the basement.

M.D

Finlly got back into Doom after playing it quite a bit then letting it go at some point.

I'm really curious as to where some of the secrets are. I wanted to make sure I get every secret prior to taking this break, but I'm just progressing without stressing about while still having a blast. But I'm also curious becuase some levels have so many secrets, I'm just nit sure where they would put 'em since I'm still looking around paying attention to everything.

Anteater

It was ok. Did not sell me on the new shift at all, and i've played it a fair bit.

it got the whole trying to find your way out portion right but it's very linear at the same time and making you redoing those sections, but it's supposedly very different to the actual game so I don't know, like I would prefer the demo to be just a portion of the actual game

Orgen

There's a whole other section of the house you missed if you didn't know.
Open the fireplace right at the start and you can go upstairs and then into the basement.

Yep, did that only to
get infected b the monster on the basement
. I was tired of replaying everything so I Youtubed the good ending (
and the coin thing... man I wouldn't have discovered that in a thousand years :eek:
).

Jawmuncher

it got the whole trying to find your way out portion right but it's very linear at the same time and making you redoing those sections, but it's supposedly very different to the actual game so I don't know, like I would prefer the demo to be just a portion of the actual game

That's the one thing that doesn't have me worried about the demo. Since it's not in the game at all and is it's own thing.

Jawmuncher

I still believe the actual game will probably be like the original RE in first person

and it's gonna sell like shit, lmao

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The guy was talking about they wanted to sell 4 million in one day, and if he's talking big like that. There must be a reason behind it. Unless it was a mistranslation. Regardless I could see it being bigger than SFV at least, which would be capcoms biggest launch this gen. Even if it's like their only released game that isn't a rerelease along with DR4.

Anteater

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The guy was talking about they wanted to sell 4 million in one day, and if he's talking big like that. There must be a reason behind it. Unless it was a mistranslation. Regardless I could see it being bigger than SFV at least, which would be capcoms biggest launch this gen. Even if it's like their only released game that isn't a rerelease along with DR4.

well Itsuno wanted dragon's dogma to sell 10 mil or some shit even if it was wishful thinking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom