• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Why are the achievements not listed on the store pages anymore?

That was the fastest way to check if a game has achievements. Devs constantly forget to add the achievement tag to their games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Level 80 isn't so strange. Just take a look at this. And that's not even the highest level Steam user, I believe.

Yeah, St4ck pulled ahead during last year's Summer Sale, which is ostensibly why Palm Desert stopped collecting badges (the only ones he's crafted since are the two Winter Sale badges, and each just once).

Level 80 isn't so strange. Just take a look at this. And that's not even the highest level Steam user, I believe.

The most impressive thing is that he's highlighting Drakensang and River of Time. Not incredible games, but they're certainly ambitious. Like a Neverwinter Nights sequel that was never meant to be.

tumblr_inline_nvs3qyXoIE1rn48fq_500.gif

lol what the fuck was ocelot thinking here, it's been awhile since I've played mgs3

Holy shit, after FC3-4, stunning visuals was the last thing i expected from Far Cry Primal, and I'm blown away how amazing it looks:
And most importantly it surprisingly well optimized, I'm mostly getting stable 60FPS with high quality settings and HD textures pack on 1080p. Too bad that there is no photo mode, but at least it's relatively easy to disable HUD (except story missions tips). Yeah, this is still Far Cry game and many old issues are still here, but right now i'm just wandering around and exploring Primal's world, which is never happened to me in previous FC games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 14 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-539DEFA043569A67 - Taken by Natty1
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-DB5BE246389043FF - Taken by Endruen
xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry 3 (Uplay) -- MB-7CC522CD90B53527 - Taken by Emperor_EL
t1cxE6r.gif
The Secret World -- MB-628174684A5F717B - Taken by Deques
Dead Space -- MB-334B5418B6222256 - Taken by Afro
Dead Space 2 -- MB-94BC50C5DAD6B104 - Taken by Smeagol
Foronica -- MB-958ADCD5771B98E2 - Taken by data
GRAV -- MB-112471BB248D630F - Taken by Reverse Flash
Hopiko -- MB-08E58621841C5171 - Taken by Purkake4
Medal of Honor -- MB-6F1A730C72A5B623 - Taken by PaulSane
Minion Masters -- MB-BC7CAAAB828DBE80
Mirror's Edge -- MB-DDF8CA5122220ED7 - Taken by Valxal
TIS 100 -- MB-F5BBB1E3778D7259 - Taken by someguyinahat
Western Masters -- MB-7243874E57BFD2DE - Taken by longlivegaming
Western Press Mk Cans II Character DLC -- MB-9FEB8E507E5037E2 - Taken by rainking187

Valxal

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Bits -- MB-FB0A5B9F15DF9BEF
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-BE4128456395A2F8 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Neon Hardcorps -- MB-866BC919AFC75367 - Taken by Megauap. 1 entrants total.

t1483802664z1.png
Spares i had please take 'em

Nete

My votes. I shouldn't have bought Shadow Tactics, has kicked Banner Saga 2 out the list :(

GOTY:
(5 Points) - XCOM 2
(4 Points) - Doom
(3 Points) - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
(2 Points) - Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
(1 Point) - Enter the Gungeon

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

EA:
(3 Points) - Battle Brothers

Fantasy Mount & Blade meets XCOM with an amazing injury system.

----

Also, a Bundle thing:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-BE55872A8E825C9C - Taken by Platy. 63 entrants total.

t1483813308z1.png

Lomax

At this point, humble monthly is a must buy unless you already buy tons of indie games immediately when they release. There's been one month since I joined that I was kinda meh about, but there's been multiple months where I was shocked at how great it was and I've gotten top ten wishlist games from it multiple times now. The only "downside" is now I see no reason at all to buy mid range indies, and that makes me feel a little bad for the industry, but the value there is just too good. They've really done a great job with it and it makes up for the overall slump in quality in other bundles.

gngf123

At this point, humble monthly is a must buy unless you already buy tons of indie games immediately when they release. There's been one month since I joined that I was kinda meh about, but there's been multiple months where I was shocked at how great it was and I've gotten top ten wishlist games from it multiple times now. The only "downside" is now I see no reason at all to buy mid range indies, and that makes me feel a little bad for the industry, but the value there is just too good. They've really done a great job with it and it makes up for the overall slump in quality in other bundles.

This is pretty much how I think of it as well.

Unless you buy a lot of midtier indie games on release, the Humble Monthly is one of the best deals around.

I was really confused when people on gaming side were commenting on the good/trash ratio and saying it wasn't very good.

dex3108

I am not the person that will give money i advance without knowing what will i get. I would rather buy games that i want separately. And no i don;t want to sell games that i don't want.

Wok

I was really confused when people on gaming side were commenting on the good/trash ratio and saying it wasn't very good.

It does not look good if people don't know the games beforehand. This month, people are praising it mostly because they already knew about most games.

In practice, it has always been a great bundle because the games are top quality, despite the bad a priori of uninformed people (myself included).

I am not the person that will give money i advance without knowing what will i get. I would rather buy games that i want separately. And no i don;t want to sell games that i don't want.

XCOM 2 for $12 is an unbeatable deal. As was Stardew for $12 a month or two ago. And those are just one game of many!

I don't know how Humble convinced them to agree. They're throwing money out the window at those prices.

XCom 2 for 12$ is the best deal in a long time. I almost completely avoided winter sales, cause they suck now, but Humble has made PC gaming good again.

tuxfool

Banned
XCOM 2 for $12 is an unbeatable deal. As was Stardew for $12 a month or two ago. And those are just one game of many!

I don't know how Humble convinced them to agree. They're throwing money out the window at those prices.

It must be by having a built in subscription base, much for the same reasons things psn+ or games with gold exist. These kinds of deals have only only started happening recently, thus may be tied to subscription numbers.

Lomax

I didn't subscribe when it first released because I generally feel the same way about buying stuff blind, and if you consistently have looked at each month and not felt the value was there, then no, obviously it's not for you. But the value is clearly outstanding at this point for the majority of people. I rarely flip anything from them except the multi-player advance games because they sell well and I have no interest in them. Plus that mitigates a lot of the gamble if I can sell that upfront game.

It must be by having a built in subscription base, much for the same reasons things psn+ or games with gold exist. These kinds of deals have only only started happening recently, thus may be tied to subscription numbers.

We know they have over 100k subs at this point, so that's a non-trivial one time payment to get. Plus it doesn't seem to carry the "oh it was bundled" stigma, and they know exactly how much they are selling without the chance it could balloon much higher (or be lower and disappointing). I'd expect these advance games get a higher payment than the smaller games do also, and probably a large percentage from new subs that month.

dex3108

That is a good deal for people who like those kind of games.

I didn't subscribe when it first released because I generally feel the same way about buying stuff blind, and if you consistently have looked at each month and not felt the value was there, then no, obviously it's not for you. But the value is clearly outstanding at this point for the majority of people. I rarely flip anything from them except the multi-player advance games because they sell well and I have no interest in them. Plus that mitigates a lot of the gamble if I can sell that upfront game.

I never said that value is not there. I just said that i don't like to buy things that way. :D

Lomax

That is a good deal for people who like those kind of games.

I never said that value is not there. I just said that i don't like to buy things that way. :D

Well at a certain point that's just being stubborn :D

Of course just buying the keys you want from bst each month is fine too and you benefit from the bundle just as much (and probably spend less).

I was definitely a nay sayer when the monthly first released, but once they switched to the advance game format it's really taken off and I think it's become the first thing I'd recommend to almost any pc gamer.

NeoRaider

I subscribed to HB Monthly for first few months, maybe 3-4 first bundles i can't remember but they were all very bad for me personally. I can't remember 2 games that i finished and that interested me. That's why i said never again.

I mean it's always the same story. When bundle is "bad" ppl here and everywhere else are like: "WTF is this shit?", "Ew, worst bundle ever!", "Unsubscribing", "Never again!".

HB does one or two "good" bundles, and ppl are like: "Wow, epic bundle!", "Best bundle ever!", "Amazing deal!", "Only HB!"... etc.

I guess it's human nature.

Tizoc

I subscribed to HB Monthly for first few months, maybe 3-4 first bundles i can't remember but they were all very bad for me personally. I can't remember 2 games that i finished and that interested me. That's why i said never again.

I mean it's always the same story. When bundle is "bad" ppl here and everywhere else are like: "WTF is this shit?", "Ew, worst bundle ever!", "Unsubscribing", "Never again!".

HB does one or two "good" bundles, and ppl are like: "Wow, epic bundle!", "Best bundle ever!", "Amazing deal!", "Only HB!"... etc.

One could write a psychological thesis on this very thing and it would be lauded as a new acientific/psychoanalysis discovery.

I guess if you like the game for 12$ like XCom 2 now you can't go wrong, just sell the other games if you don't like them...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-24A4742A88607795 - Taken by Tall4Life

OneUh8

I understand your reasoning. Nothing wrong with it.

Lomax

I'd argue the first months were the worst, but that's subjective. And yes, the hyperbole around here is thick and frequent but plenty of us have reasonable discussions about the state of things all the time, or at least try to.

One could write a psychological thesis on this very thing and it would be lauded as a new acientific/psychoanalysis discovery.

It's a fairly well researched and understood phenomenon, it wouldn't really be anything surprising to the field.

Anteater

Finished pop the warrior within, man i don't like all the backtracking and game is sorta too glitchy/unpredictable for my taste, overall i enjoyed it, i like how they expanded the combat and the platforming/challenge were an improvement over the previous game, but overall i liked the first game better, moving on to the two thrones!

so far the two thrones feel like there are some ass creed elements like the stealth stuff and you're mostly platforming above enemies, dude even dresses in white without the hoodie, controls are more snappy compared to the previous games I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom