• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

That's why I use the nickname system.

4eYBtLX.png

Thanks for redacting my name for my protection :p

I just tag everyone as "GAF" so I know where I friended them from.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You can change the monitor it renders on in the video settings.
It's kinda weird that it picks 1 as the "wrong" monitor, but just setting it to 2 fixes it.

Even then I still couldn't figure how to solve that intro lag and the FPS is just beyond unplayable. It's not even 30FPS.

Still waiting for a reply from Bethesda about this.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
From what I've read about it, the 3DS version has really good 3D effects, Streetpas, and you can use the touch screen to select items, while the PC version will have a multiplayer mode that the 3DS version won't have.
Ah, nothing worthwhile for me then
(among several eye problems, I'm stereoblind)
so PC version it is
on sale

As a member of the illustrious posted-in-every-Steam-thread club, here is the first post I ever made from the very first Steam thread:

Man, how the times have changed me. There is nary a mention of choking down rabbit turds or kicking people square in the balls in that post.
Not a hint of irony, sarcasm or Serious Sam hate, I'm impressed!

It's called The Plan, a free interactive* art installation on Steam.

*In that you hold down one button all the way to the end. So Call Of Duty: Black Ops, then.
doomvsnewfpsmap.jpg

And it came true! Who says a girl can't dream?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Good Lord steam threads move fast.
Just went eating and watching the game and already new thread with a dozen pages. How do you guys keep up?
By reading very fast.
Not playing the games we buy helps as well :D

also the notion that the first Steam thread reached the page limit in just short of 3 years is hilarious
It is, just a testament of how much PC gaming has grown over the years and how Steam has become somewhat synonymous with it.

Hey, I've got other stuff to track... and you know, that pesky work thing to do. =p
Hey, so do I :p

to think i used to write all proper-like with like capitalizing and shit
I'm still wondering what happened there.

yeah that works really well
Doesn't really work because all your posts are full of sarcasm anyway :p

This poor thread needs more Type:Rider in it. A platformer all about the history of font through the years.
I played a few levels a while ago when it had some playfire rewards, it was interesting and the fact that it had all that info and history about typography was really cool. The platforming itself was too floaty for my taste though.

Well, it's still my arm.
Doctor gave me some stuff and said "come back in 2 weeks if this doesn't help."
It's been 2 weeks, so...
D:
Get well soon man, hopefully they'll patch you up correctly this time!

Everybody stop what you're doing, and buy Remember Me.

No questions. Just do it.
I bought it a while ago and have it on PS3, what now eh?
I probably won't ever play it.

Maybe it's just because this is the first game of its kind that I've ever played, but the gritty atmosphere and detailed environments won me over within the first 30 minutes, in spite of the silly QTEs that I've chosen to overlook.
So you overlooked the entirety of the game then?

I don't know what sort of newfangled page numbering system you're using, but this thread's already well through page 16 for me.
100ppp > *
Live extension is cool too.

Wait, but wasn't Duke Nukem Forever on last gen? Real talk.
DNF wasn't absolute garbage though, it only had hype issues because it took forever
hurr durr
to come out.

Hopefully this works and doesn't totally crap the system.
That is really nice idea, and would definitely make giveaways more interesting.

It can't possibly be worse than Ride to Hell. Literally impossible
The difference is that Ride to Hell doesn't even try to pretend to be anything else but garbage.

Yup I'm guessing that's the shit icon and the fire hot icon. Modbot's a genius
Correct on the fire hot one, the shit one is given to games in a curated list of the worst of the worst.

Nah, you just like to hop on hyperbole bandwagons.
S
He's right on that one though.

:) I just need to get used to how fast this thread moves. I went to watch an episode of COSMOS and helped my mom with something and I came back to a few new pages of posts lol.
You get used to it eventually.

Is my avi less creepy now?
KuGsj.gif
I have no idea what I'm looking at.

I basically lurk in OT, and idle in AusGAF chat... So, err, oops? >_>
But Jase is (several others too) part of AusGAF, problem solved :p

Whoever wins Serious Sam is going to love it. Those games are amazing.
Paging morningbus.

Wait a second, now GAF knows that I love Ace of Base...
Well, you did have the CD in your drive!

20 pages already? you guys are monsters, monsters :)
Totally, tell me about it ;_;

I wonder if anyone in here remembers my Gundam Unicorn avatar.
I do, I hope you didn't remove it because the series ended!

I swear that stallion keeps on rotating a little bit every week I see you.
You are going insane :O

same here, and when you guys have different nicks/ avatar here and steam I have no clue who you are on steam :(
Nicknames are great for that :D

just close this now
WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS OH GOD I'M DROWNING IN THEM

Beelzebubs

For the last 10 years, I've kept the same online alias. Anytime you run across the name "crazyrabbits" online, chances are it's me (Alex).

Similar to me although earlier on in my life when I was a young man I went by Bubba_Fett69. I like to feel I've grown up since then. Slightly anyway.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I simply keep my Gaf Username. If I change my username again I´ll probably change my steam name to the new one and add (AKA Gravelord Nito) for a few weeks until people get used to the change.

Levyne

Banned
Whenever I change my avatar I try to change it to the same thing everywhere (so...GAF, Twitter and Steam). I've only changed my screenname once.

Hugstable

Banned
Don't feel too bad, I won this morning and got a $6 card that kept being declined. I even tried to use it to buy a $0.32 piece of BL2 DLC on Amazon and it got declined.

haha I tried to use it to get Castlevania 3 on my Wii U, nothing on my card for anything.

EDIT: Damn X05 is the reply King. Got everyone in one post!

Scythian

After this sale I noticed I feel like: "I bought too many games!", or, "I didn't buy enough games!". Tonight, the latter is more like it.

Miker

My GPU is AMD HD 7850. Should be able to run Wolfenstein TNO even in low setting right? Nope, Lag and texture pop-in every goddamn time.

That's my GPU too. I was going to try Wolfenstein from family sharing from a friend, but I didn't bother because I suspected it would run poorly and it's an astounding 40+ gigs, and I guess from your post it does :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
People who have different GAF and Steam names really are the worst THE WORST

My Steam Community name was different back in my CS:S days, which is why I began using my GAF avatar on Steam (not the same 100x120 file, obviously, but the same source image). It's just an old habit these days -- I can't even remember the last time I played CS online.

Whenever I change my avatar I try to change it to the same thing everywhere (so...GAF, Twitter and Steam). I've only changed my screenname once.
I wish i had that willpower. i just can't use the same avatar. I always think of something better to use. Already wanting to change it here again :/
Although, when talking about nicknames, i mostly use Dio. Just used Dio Brando here because when i tried registering here the first time, i used Dio but got my account denied, and tought it would be already used. I do love the Jojo jokes because of it.

Turfster

My GPU is AMD HD 7850. Should be able to run Wolfenstein TNO even in low setting right? Nope, Lag and texture pop-in every goddamn time.

I wish more games had a benchmark like Sleepydogs or hell, Thi4f (even tho that one lied).
I have no idea what framerate I'm getting, but it's running smoothly (apart from the first scene pop) on a HD 58?0 with pretty much everything turned on @ 1920X1200...

Even then I still couldn't figure how to solve that intro lag and the FPS is just beyond unplayable. It's not even 30FPS.

Still waiting for a reply from Bethesda about this.

I have a 7850 as well and just beat it today, I was getting 60fps on a mix of high and ultra during my entire playthrough...

Similar to me although earlier on in my life when I was a young man I went by Bubba_Fett69. I like to feel I've grown up since then. Slightly anyway.

Eh, I'm of the mindset that you're as old as you feel.

I actually have a secondary account under the "crazyrabbits" name, but I decided to make a new one from scratch after my account sat dormant for years and I accidentally added some games from the EA Humble Bundle to both of them. I find it's better to consolidate your online identities into as few profiles as possible (although that doesn't help with all the email addresses I have).

Ventara

Another loss for me. I always know I'll never win big, but I can't help but get a bit excited every time I enter. Can't complain too much, though, since I did win stuff.

Anyways, awesome giveaway PrematureQuiche!

Tackling final fantasy 7 then I think Skyrim. Or maybe tomb raider...too many new games!
Hope you enjoy Tomb Raider!

Now here's the thing: my rustles are jimmied over all the crap that prevented me from continuing my giveaways during the sale. On top of everything I'd previously budgeted for, like the Dallas-GAF meet-up, I had to cover two shifts—one of which drained my soul and made me fear Sundays—and my ethernet went kaput for the remainder of the sale. So I've been using my tablet to do all gifting and chatting, and it's so ungainly that I forgot to send Tenrius gift money so he could get Age of Wonders III in the morning.

T-minus fifteen minutes to me getting nine hours of sleep. When I wake up, I'm having some goddamn good breakfast, and then I'm going to shower, and then I'm going to give the juniors some games, then the regulars, then the givers. And then I'm gonna stop whinging on and on about this!

This sale was thoroughly disappointing in some ways, but the Steam-GAF community made everything better. You guys are so hilarious, helpful, and altogether generous that I'm more proud than ever before to have a friend's list this new and large. Getting time to play games is certainly becoming difficult, so I'm sure I'll fit the stereotype better in the years to come.

That's my GPU too. I was going to try Wolfenstein from family sharing from a friend, but I didn't bother because I suspected it would run poorly and it's an astounding 40+ gigs, and I guess from your post it does :(

i should've trust my gut and get the PS4 version instead. I heard the game run smoothly on next-gen consoles.

I'm truly sad right now because I've been waiting for this game and now I got it and can't even play the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom