• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to figure out if you're on Modbot's blocklist? I feel like I am for some reason. -_-

Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Stump posted about this in the sale thread. Typically unless you are doing something to be put on the blacklist you are not, you can just have shit luck.

I like it enough to be my main skin, next to Metro. Everything else just doesn't get updated enough or looks bad imo.
Metro and Air are my two favorites.

I tend to lean towards Air since there is a little less room taken up at the tops and bottoms of windows, and I like its overlay better.

MikeDown

Banned
eh not sure if I like changing my avatar

on another note Abyss Odyssey, like the artstyle a premise, local co-op is a plus. opinions GAF?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat Nito avatar... its beautiful

gwocw_fistpump_712481.gif

Is there a way to figure out if you're on Modbot's blocklist? I feel like I am for some reason. -_-

Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I was surprised to see this thought pop up so often during the steam sale thread. It's extremely unlikely you're on the blocklist unless you have done something sinister regarding giveaways (like selling or regifting). It's much more likely that you simply haven't won the draw yet. Even if all the giveaways you entered were 50/50 you could still lose 10, 20 or more in a row.

Steam Simulator 2014 aka uPlay.
Let's not get cynical, lol. I mean a sauna simulator where you have text trees and are using the context to get something out of the bathhouse people. I wanna see it happen for some reason.

Unless these things don't happen at saunas, in which a tea ceremony game would work out better.

zkylon

zkylewd

Scythian

Metro and Air are my two favorites.

I tend to lean towards Air since there is a little less room taken up at the tops and bottoms of windows, and I like its overlay better.

It looks neat, I love minimalism, but I tend to gravitate towards practicality, some of those skins don't have a dedicated downloads button if something is downloading, these little details make or break the skin for me.

Talking about this ->
0533eb83dc.png

iosefe

It looks neat, I love minimalism, but I tend to gravitate towards practicality, some of those skins don't have a dedicated downloads button if something is downloading, these little details make or break the skin for me.

Talking about this ->
0533eb83dc.png

so practical. new favorite skin

Tellaerin

Oh, hello new Steam thread.

Things are back to normal huh, I'll miss the atmosphere of the sale event. Hope we've attracted some new regulars.

Can't say I'll really miss the team color spam (I did not enjoy the metagame this time), but aside from that, there's always that post-party depression after the big sales are over. Definitely nice seeing some new faces in the crowd.

*goes back to fetch questing for deranged disembodied "scientist" brains*

Can't say I'll really miss the team color spam (I did not enjoy the metagame this time), but aside from that, there's always that post-party depression after the big sales are over. Definitely nice seeing some new faces in the crowd.

I'm not going to finish 90% of the games I bought ;-;

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I had some fun edits with the old one, like this one for example:
MAh65Tk.jpg
lol, Death Stare Unicorn, I approve.

And I recognise maybe 10% of them. :p
:O
I should start pestering you endearing and thoughtful conversations to make sure I remain get in that 10% :p

it's a style, thank you very much

second time i hear this

still wrong
Playing the artist card, ok, I can respect that :p
And she looks nothing like Annie.

i like the palette of PixelVision, but i feels a bit busy
Metro is and shall forever be king.

Steam Simulator 2014 aka uPlay.
Well played.

Talking about this ->
0533eb83dc.png
Yeah, I can understand that. It's probably the one thing I wish Air had.
you have my undivided attention hehehe *shifty eyes
>_>
image.php

You planned this, didn't you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brad Shoemaker: "Ive been playing Shovel Knight, that game seems pretty awesome"
Jeff Gerstmann: "yeah"
Brad Shoemaker: "what system have you been playing it on?"
Jeff Gerstmann: "Ive been playing it on the PC"
Brad Shoemaker: "yeah Ive been thinking of doing the switch, I dont think the 3DS does that game any favors"

hold that L Salsa

Hugstable

Banned

I always thought those random steam sale themed achievements during the summer sale years ago was one of my favorite meta games they've done. I remember putting time in and discovering many games I would not otherwise had ever gave a chance too. I miss those events.

I always thought those random steam sale themed achievements during the summer sale years ago was one of my favorite meta games they've done. I remember putting time in and discovering many games I would not otherwise had ever gave a chance too. I miss those events.

Yep, those were great and a nice excuse to play games otherwise left to the backlog. Shame lazy people with OCD made Sam :/

Salsa

Brad Shoemaker: "Ive been playing Shovel Knight, that game seems pretty awesome"
Jeff Gerstmann: "yeah"
Brad Shoemaker: "what system have you been playing it on?"
Jeff Gerstmann: "Ive been playing it on the PC"
Brad Shoemaker: "yeah Ive been thinking of doing the switch, I dont think the 3DS does that game any favors"

hold that L Salsa

brad shoemaker with a wrong opinion? well i'll be shocked

E2xOLe5.jpg

it should be ilegal to look this manly

ArynCrinn

Banned
Now I've gotta do some OFDP Grandmaster Perfect Plays to this. Because we all know the main stick figure character is a woman, searching for her baby in Imperial China.

...thanks Timedog.

And Salsa, fuck you for winning Grid Autosport! jk :p

Rhaknar

Divinity looks so good, what you rolling with? Warrior and?

zkylon

zkylewd
divinity looks way prettier than it has any right to look

Just out of curiosity, are you an 80s child or not?
Because if you are... I don't know what to tell you.
1988, so i dunno what to tell you

i've never watched too many popular movies, i blame my hippie parents

Turfster

Divinity looks so good, what you rolling with? Warrior and?

Rogue and cleric.
It's... an interesting and quite challenging combo.

1988, so i dunno what to tell you

I'm sorry, man. Try and catch or rent it sometime, although the effect will be lessened with age.
Also, if you think Divinity looks pretty, wait until you get a look at Wolfenstein TNO.

It looks pretty nice graphically and artistically outside of the really dumb female outfits/breast armor which continue to be embarrassing.

And I didn't make a melee character because you can get one in the first town pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom