• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I think I still have like thomas was alone and another game somewhere, too lazy to look for them, I saw someone giving away like 10 copies of thomas was alone the other day so I think I'm just going to wait, lol

Been meaning to do it for ages and I've still got some keys in ModBot I've botched up that I need to sort out. At least I know where they are now so I can foist them on anyone. Really, I mean anyone. Take them, sell them, trade them for whatever, just take them away please!

I'd love it if the Steam client allowed you to mark games as "completed". Or just tag games within your collection, I guess. I'm sure something like that has to come eventually, the tagging in the store is probably a precursor.

For me it's "right click, uninstall". Though I did used to have a "Finished (To Complete)" category but outside of the normal games and favs section I've only got a DRM and GFWL set of categories now so I don't get fucked over on activation limits and can keep track on them. If I want to find a game I use the search bar.

Spookie

I think it could easily have been considering it's turn based, but they didn't design for it. Which is a shame, I would much prefer controller support, I can't stand point and clicking to move, it's what makes me dislike Dota and Diablo. That said, I'll probably suffer through the annoyance for Divinity at some point since the game seems good.

You've also got to navigate the menus and the inventory. As well as the main selling point: the reactionary world might be a little difficult to manage if you had to use a pad.

Weird buy order bug. I put in a buy order for a Dino-d-day booster pack (I know, right) and the buy order completed on the 5th, money taken from the wallet.

Where is the bloody booster pack? It is not in my inventory (checked via web browser and the client). Is this some sort of widespread problem with the buy orders or should I issue a support ticket?

Weird buy order bug. I put in a buy order for a Dino-d-day booster pack (I know, right) and the buy order completed on the 5th, money taken from the wallet.

Where is the bloody booster pack? It is not in my inventory (checked via web browser and the client). Is this some sort of widespread problem with the buy orders or should I issue a support ticket?

I had a similar issue once. Luckily they popped up like half an hour later. Several days though? ouch

liezryou

Guys - I think we have a problem here.

4:17 PM - liezryou: get enhanced steam
4:17 PM - liezryou: best addon ever
4:17 PM - <Russian Trader Friend>: nah, not the best
4:18 PM - <Russian Trader Friend>: there is a better one, and it's much more useful for trading
4:18 PM - <Russian Trader Friend>: but it's developed by russian team, so it's russian-only

Guys - I think we have a problem here.

tumblr_kq3n2vZnru1qzf650o1_500.jpg

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Brb, seducing Russians for plugin blueprints.

liezryou

At great peril to myself, i have managed to gleam some information into this new threat
4:23 PM - liezryou: What is the name of that russian steam addon?
4:24 PM - liezryou: Just for shits and giggles
4:25 PM - <Russian trader friend>: it's a plugin for greasemonkey
4:25 PM - liezryou: yeah i knows what that is
4:25 PM - liezryou: whats the name of the plugin
4:25 PM - <Russian trader friend>: http://v1t.su/projects/steam/webtools/

Posting again for those who missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Crysis Maximum Edition -- MB-126C88FDAED28ACB - Taken by sotodefonk. 39 entrants total.
Metro Redux Bundle -- MB-5DEBCBB5A8880378 - Taken by Angel Abaddon. 115 entrants total.

t1404771081z1.png

yGray

Banned
How good is The Wolf Among Us? I have no familiarity with the comics the game is based on... I liked the first season of The Walking Dead, but I did feel it got a bit repetitive in terms of mechanics near the end. How does this one compare?

It's amazing. The beginning is the worst though.

Arthea

Even if I somehow got used to Telltale games being not what I expected from them, I still wish that there were more puzzles based and less QTEs. Choices are good and all, but these also aren't what I expect from choices, at least so far these weren't.
OTOH, there are so many p&c games now, that I could ignore Telltale altogether, if I chose so.

I had one of booster packs disappear ... to appear in my inventory a week later!
I checked forums, it is know problem, but it usually appears minutes or hours later, most likely I hold record in this too (><)

At great peril to myself, i have managed to gleam some information into this new threat

they'll find you and kill you for disclosing this info?

Dr Dogg

I don't know what has happened over the last 18 months but there's list threads popping up everywhere. We might moan about lists in here but the prevalence of threads just devoted to empty meaningless lists and list warz! has shot up more than this thread every has.

It's been 5 days since Gigabyte told me there was nothing wrong with my card, when the hell are they going to send it back to me so I can fix it?

I'm done with Gigabyte's RMA nonsense after still having blue screens with all 4 DIMM slots filled despite saying this has been fixed numerous times in BIOS updates. Saying that ASUS aren't any better, in fact they're worse. EVGA have always been top notch for me as have Corsair and Logitech but it's swings and roundabouts.

Same here. Is that cranky guy every coming back?

I've seen Woo in a fair few Nintendo threads the past month before I went into hiding. To be fair Nintendo did have a corking E3 and Woo has Nintendo at his heart.

they'll find you and kill you for disclosing this info?

Keep a look out for liezryou's kidneys on the Steam market!

Arthea

It finally happened! I got 20% loyalty discount from gamersgate for this summer... only it came so too late, it's not even funny. I so would have liked to have it during their summer sale.

I've seen Woo in a fair few Nintendo threads the past month before I went into hiding. To be fair Ninntendo did have a corking E3 and Woo has Nintendo at his heart.

That's interesting way to say that he betrayed us for DS, as many others did.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh wow. Just tried Next Car Games "free demo"/technology preview 1.0 that I've had sitting around on my harddrive for ages.

Outside of the keyboard/mouse controls being bad: My god. Criterion eat your heart out. Why haven't I bought this already?

Dr Dogg

That's interesting way to say that he betrayed us for DS, as many others did.

Hey when Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker come out you won't be seeing me in here for months! I can imagine you'll do a similar disappearing act when Peggle 2 comes to other platforms

Though at present the mix of Steam (and the other 3 DD guys as well) for your main gaming needs offset by either a 3DS or a WiiU for something portable or different I find is the best balance at the moment.

Eanan

Hmmm, just noticed now that all cards can be bought in the summer sale card way; in that you can pick a price and wait for it to be sold at that. Thats a lot handier than having to sit refreshing if you want a cheap card. I wonder how does that system work; im guessing theres a sort of queue system.

Also, say good bye to your summer whoever wins this;

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eanan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

4sydgG8m.jpg

Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-E9205D9BCE85A053 - Taken by Uni on Everything!

t1404745085z1.png

Arthea

Oh wow. Just tried Next Car Games "free demo"/technology preview 1.0 that I've had sitting around on my harddrive for ages.

Outside of the keyboard/mouse controls being bad: My god. Criterion eat your heart out. Why haven't I bought this already?

because it's early EA?
and more to the point, someone has to be punished for those naming skills.

Hey when Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker come out you won't be seeing me in here for months! I can imagine you'll do a similar disappearing act when Peggle 2 comes to other platforms

Though at present the mix of Steam (and the other 3 DD guys as well) for your main gaming needs offset by either a 3DS or a WiiU for something portable or different I find is the best balance at the moment.

ya, I'm kidding, although I still haven't bought 3DS, so it's easy for me to sit on my high horse.
I'm not sure about WiiU too, maybe I can resist buying it too, who knows.

Thank you, for quoting it! I don't know how I missed it.
lol

yo what the fuck, Asteria seems legit as shit o_O

played like 15min to try it out, its like...an action terraria? like Turrican meets Terraria, imagine if the terraria dude was fast as shit and has a metroid style hand cannon with infinite ammo.

you get on these proceduraly created worlds and explore, the first item you craft (yup theres crafting) is a digging tool (also much faster than terraria), in the short time ive played I found 2 drones, a light drone and a mining drone. Mining drone just goes beserk shooting caves opening paths. Both sides of the world I was on were lakes and I didnt want to drown so I just dug my way down and found those items in caves and shit. theres also loot (as in gear and armor) but I didnt find any

Like terraria (or starbound or all those games) you can dig anyware and go anyware. when you go underground and theres no light, if you keep shooting you light up the room which I thought was a nice touch. you also pick up dirt and rock and shit like those games, i assume to craft more shit.

Man, im really impressed, and I dont even really like those types of games. But a action-y take on them might be just for me. Theres a crazy trailer on the store page and the game was on a Groupees Bundle (key available now).

Keep an eye on this one for future sales or bundles. Oh and it has coop also

Sounds interesting

Lol

Geez.

My housing company moved on to a new ISP, but the ISP messed up and we didn't have internet at all for a week and a half. Among other pretty shitty things that a completely unannounced lack of internet resulted in, I missed the last 5 days of the Steam summer sale (there will be others though of course, so it's not that annoying - there were plenty of other bigger things). Just got the internet back working again.

Good to see Divinity: Original Sin on top of the sales list. Buying it soon myself.

Copons

Oh gosh this is awkward.

I wrote a negative review about Ballpoint Universe sometime ago, saying that while its visuals are wonderful, its controls sucks.
Now I got an answer from the dev itself suggesting me to change control scheme in order to find one that fit me.

It's already awkward enough to know that the dev actually read (and bothered answering!) my negative review, but here he missed my point... I could move from gamepad to keyboard as much as I want, but here it's the actual gameplay that is lacking. :(

yGray

Banned
Hrmm, what do you mean? I actually really want this game even though The Walking Dead lost my interest during the first episode. The world and stories of Wolf Among Us seem so much more interesting.

The beginning sequence is great but I had a hard time believing that this world existed with ours. I got past that pretty quickly though.

Jawmuncher

Oh gosh this is awkward.

I wrote a negative review about Ballpoint Universe sometime ago, saying that while its visuals are wonderful, its controls sucks.
Now I got an answer from the dev itself suggesting me to change control scheme in order to find one that fit me.

It's already awkward enough to know that the dev actually read (and bothered answering!) my negative review, but here he missed my point... I could move from gamepad to keyboard as much as I want, but here it's the actual gameplay that is lacking. :(

At least you know they're looking at them.
Better than just ignoring the negative reviews.

Tizoc

You're waiting for the 92% misprice discount.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh wow. $30 for Next Car Games Early Access is just no, hun. Got burned with DayZ won't get fooled again.

You're waiting for the 92% misprice discount.

That, too. If they actually made a Burnout with this techonology... mmmmmmmm. Shame it's going for "destruction derby" instead of "racer with soft body destruction." I mean putting cars into woodchippers is fine and dandy and all but:

-Needs controller/racing wheel support
-Needs more than the tech-demo right now.

Deques

Man, im really impressed, and I dont even really like those types of games. But a action-y take on them might be just for me. Theres a crazy trailer on the store page and the game was on a Groupees Bundle (key available now).

Just checked my bundle page. It was a link to a site where I have to register. Do I have to register to get a steam key?

Dr Dogg

ya, I'm kidding, although I still haven't bought 3DS, so it's easy for me to sit on my high horse.
I'm not sure about WiiU too, maybe I can resist buying it too, who knows.

Oh don't worry I don't take anyone in this thread seriously anymore! We might all take the mickey out of Salsa and his 3DS but it's a nice complement to PC gaming (and really where all the JRPGs and Fire Emblem is/are headed). Same with any platform though, software sells it over features for me, even if I do just horde a massive backlog.

Messiek

Oh gosh this is awkward.

Damn, that's kinda awkward .
At least he's looking through the user reviews : )

Kayant

For the new page.... Lots left to win ;)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The First Templar -- MB-C2FDFBA1878ADE04 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-1DF9F1AD8A44B7C0 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-96DE5654BE78F470 - Taken by ev0
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-9E89B49EE5D87E57 - Taken by drakaenae
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-48F90C4CCF031701 - Taken by wetflame
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-ADC07FF036FEA738 - Taken by Indignate
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-213B64A616E87749 - Taken by thebloo

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key -- MB-B532F6C82132E6B2 - Taken by Gunblade47. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-151D7D1868056095 - Taken by Pestilence11. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin Key -- MB-E7CAF79A16522520
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-FC84A89B62763AF7 - Taken by Alessandro. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-1673D3BE2757ADDB - Taken by schroddycat. 3 entrants total.
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-E2410417C005E806 - Taken by schroddycat
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-D272585795102212 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.

Arthea

Oh gosh this is awkward.

That's main reason why I don't write negative reviews, another is that I don't want to waste time on games I don't like, in any form.
But seriously, a game can be not for you, or misunderstood by you, or you could have been in foul mood while playing it. Unless the game is broken, as in "it doesn't run on any hardware", it's hard to be sure that a game is just bad.

Oh don't worry I don't take anyone in this thread seriously anymore! We might all take the mickey out of Salsa and his 3DS but it's a nice complement to PC gaming (and really where all the JRPGs and Fire Emblem is/are headed). Same with any platform though, software sells it over features for me, even if I do just horde a massive backlog.

It's hard to argue against that, it just that I don't really have any need of a handheld. And Nintendo stance on region locking and user accounts made me very reluctant to buy any of their consoles.

Real4Life

Neo Member
So if I had to choose between Mercenary Kings and Broforce, which one would you guys recommend?

I played Mercenary Kings on the PS4 and it was fun as hell, but Broforce also seems crazy!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So if I had to choose between Mercenary Kings and Broforce, which one would you guys recommend?

I played Mercenary Kings on the PS4 and it was fun as hell, but Broforce also seems crazy!

oh god ... BROFORCE all the way ... Mercenary Kings is just boring, grindy and repetitive as hell imho

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Mercenary Kings has a bit more structure to it, and you can craft new weapons/armour etc, and there's more in the way of missions, but Broforce is really, really fun. Plus it's already good and they're going to be adding more. I'd go with Broforce to be honest!

Edit: I should point out Broforce is Early Access so they're still adding lots to it - it may get more features as it continues development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom