• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Holy crap Divinity Original Sin is really good! I'm loving this game so far! Playing a bit more before I get back into the full swing of things with Dark Souls.

Shadownet

Banned
I didn't mind what I played of it on the X360. The fact Microsoft made a console-exclusive RTS is just... ridiculous.

The fact that we got Halo Spartan something on Steam but not Wars pissed me off. At least make a sequel to Halo Wars! It was interesting to play Halo as a strategy game.

Shadownet

Banned
Holy crap Divinity Original Sin is really good! I'm loving this game so far! Playing a bit more before I get back into the full swing of things with Dark Souls.

All of you guys are talking about Original Sin make me wanna get it.. But I never play a Divinity game before. Not really sure if I wanna spend $20+ on a game from a series I know nothing of. :p but damn the temptation from GAF.

i think most of it from buying keys and cards from the marketplace

I doubt it. Why would RU Traders be buying keys from the market instead of selling them?

They buy the games...trade for keys...sell keys to market...profit..

Store transactions ≠ Market Transactions

...that too.

All of you guys are talking about Original Sin make me wanna get it.. But I never play a Divinity game before. Not really sure if I wanna spend $20+ on a game from a series I know nothing of. :p but damn the temptation from GAF.

another Seahorse avatar convert? mygod

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have sold a few of the gift subs, it comes with the older divinities but not the DLC. Even some people with the CE original redemption are complaining about not getting the DLC. A wonky situation all around.

Well, it'll have the Source Hunter DLC, but, yeah, none of the fluff DLC the main CE sub comes with is included, which is rather odd.

Edit: Oh, wait, the Source Hunter DLC is the fluff DLC. Yeah, Larian is screwing up big time at the moment.

The fact that we got Halo Spartan something on Steam but not Wars pissed me off. At least make a sequel to Halo Wars! It was interesting to play Halo as a strategy game.

Maybe it'll be a pre-order incentive for the Master Chief Collection. :p

Hugstable

Banned

I've never a played Divinity game either. Holy crap I thought this game was gonna be like Diablo, but the battles are turn based! And this battle music! I think I'm gonna really like this, haven't played a game like this before.

Li Kao

It takes place long before the other installments of the series. From a story standpoint you're good to go.

Mokoi

Banned

So I'm not the only one who wanted wars or another halo game like that for the PC.

This one is a prequel set in the distant past so playing the old ones isn't necessary, and from what I've played it could be a good introduction to CRPGs if you have no experience. Can't wait for the long weekend so I can put a lot of time into it.

abracadaver

Amazon.com has the Red Faction Collection for $5.99

Do you get a single key or a key for every game ? I already own armageddon and its DLC but I want Guerilla

Li Kao

all this talk about divinity is making me regret not picking it up during the sale

Well, a few dollars are a few dollars but the discount wasn't so high as to be a deal breaker IMHO. It was less than 10 bucks wasn't it ?
Just saying, I'm poor as fuck these days* and glad I bite yesterday. Just saying that it was not a night and day difference.

* but still stupid as ever, with the saved money I bought the talking trunks DLC..

Terra_Ex

The game is just god-tier so far, a true rpg through and through with so much attention to detail. Anyone on the fence should pick it up.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Pincoya2.png

I think I´m taking Abyss Odyssey OT. Dat Art.

Story Mode
Coop and VS modes
Randomly Generated Dungeons
Every Enemy playable in the game
Gameplay is similar to Smash Bros (Based on Previews)

Im so in.

waby

A friend of mine offered me a 75% discount for Divinity OS which I automatically said yes lol

He badly needs a coopmate I think

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
all this talk about divinity is making me regret not picking it up during the sale

I still have my spare Kickstarter key that I am planning to give away in the not too distant future along with some other stuff *cough*wasteland2*cough*

WoodWERD

I won Bad Rats from phoenix926 via the summer sale and he asked me to comment: I'm 20 levels in and it's pretty ridiculous. I went without suggestions after level 1 and have been doing fine so far even though I'm usually not too good at physics games. I played through 10 levels then promptly exited without saving...oops! So used to auto-save from consoles haha. When you have an object like the wooden platform and you see the 4 green arrows can you adjust the movement at all besides right click>rotate/flip?

Deques

I still have my spare Kickstarter key that I am planning to give away in the not too distant future along with some other stuff *cough*wasteland2*cough*

I probably will miss all those giveaways, as always.
ops, I forgot that I won Banished from you :)

fantomena

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

Repeat this at least 30 times.

I only want to find that Nito boss.

For me the game should be titled Dark Souls: Prepare to Fall Edition.

waby

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls 2 is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

For me the game should be titles Dark Souls: Prepare to Fall Edition.
You mean Dark Souls 1 right?

Panda Rin

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls 2 is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

For me the game should be titles Dark Souls: Prepare to Fall Edition.

edit: oh oops...you mean the first dark souls...yeah, fuck that place.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I probably will miss all those giveaways, as always.
ops, I forgot that I won Banished from you :)

Missing a giveaway doesn't feel as bad as staying up to see if you won that one game you really wanted and ended up losing :(

biocat

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

I'm pretty sure you want a torch in that area. I think it scares away some of the enemies.

neoemonk

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

There's a skull lantern that helps, and I forget what the item is but there is a stone that you can throw and it makes a sound when it hits the ground. You can test depth with it.

Panda Rin

Yeah, sorry.

try to get an item that lights up. you do get one a few minutes into it, which does help a ton. either that, or just memorize where you are with respect to the lights on the ground

edit; yeah, the skull lantern thing. you get it after a brief conversation with a certain someone

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Seems like I own this already, It's getting harder to keep track

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Imagine Me Alpha/Beta -- MB-A7D9238644699E73

I think I´m taking Abyss Odyssey OT. Dat Art.

Story Mode
Coop and VS modes
Randomly Generated Dungeons
Every Enemy playable in the game
Gameplay is similar to Smash Bros (Based on Previews)

Im so in.

gud
this game looked great from when i first saw it on rps, not to mention the ace team guys are allright dudes (i learned the 3 founders were bros from a trailer, talkin about family business), i'll pick this up just before release
also legit surprised by their flawless english, i've seen very few non native english speakers speaking with ease like that

Hugstable

Banned
OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

lol not looking forward to this place now -_-. How far after Anor Londo is the Catacombs?

waby

There's a skull lantern that helps, and I forget what the item is but there is a stone that you can throw and it makes a sound when it hits the ground. You can test depth with it.
It drops by the fire throwing enemies in that catacombs if my memory is correct

Li Kao

Where do I get a torch?

You need a skull lantern dropped by the necromancers. Area is still a huge PITA as the lantern takes your shield slot and and it ridiculously easy to fall everywhere. Still, considering the shortness of the area and the bonfire placement, it is manageable.

Biochet

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

Did you kill the crystal lizards or not yet?

Panda Rin

lol not looking forward to this place now -_-. How far after Anor Londo is the Catacombs?

Catacombs is about 3/4 of the way through. Anor Londo is about halfwayish depending on what areas you've cleared.

It's definitely frustrating, but Anor Londo was more of a pain for me personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom