• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good news: Shovel Knight was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly magazine.

Bad news: They think it's a Wii U exclusive that gives people an excuse to finally buy a Wii U.

At least the author doesn't think it's a Wii exclusive. That's progress. ;)

milena87

On the Divinity front, as I'm downloading it as we speak, are the cheevos fully enabled ?
I don't know, the game seemingly comes with 63 achievements and when I click on it only 7 of them are shown (beta ones I suppose).
Now I don't really care for achievements, the game could not have one and it wouldn't affect me, but I still wouldn't want to begin a three digit hours long game only to see that I have fucked up by playing too soon. Seems contradictory, but not really.

I think they're all hidden achievements.

Apparently battleblock free 50 prisoners achievement is kinda bugged. I've released about 54 prisoners (excluding those at start and scuba steve and hatzilla), and its still locked.

Apparently its a known bug and the only solution is to wait a while then try releasing another prisoner to try to get steam to recognise the achievement.

No 50 pence playfire rewards for me T.T

you should play lost planet 3
0 achievements working so far (should've unlocked approx. 15 by now)

yuraya

Apparently battleblock free 50 prisoners achievement is kinda bugged. I've released about 54 prisoners (excluding those at start and scuba steve and hatzilla), and its still locked.

Apparently its a known bug and the only solution is to wait a while then try releasing another prisoner to try to get steam to recognise the achievement.

No 50 pence playfire rewards for me T.T

Make sure you free one of each type of head. I got mine achievement after 50 as well. I think it was like on the 54th one.

_hekk05

Banned
If you really earned it and the game bugged on you, I say it wouldn't be wrong in the slightest.

Lol. Considering my post history and my strong stance on not using SAM ...

I'll wait a bit then try again. Hopefully it'll work.

In other news, my new favourite:

EAF462A690AFC2DC7DECF56B443B0FC56263DF08

Fungus head armed with vacuum cleaner

I beat Outlast last night. God damn that game drags on with stupid fetch quests. Oh find a key.. oh find those fuses.. I hate that fluff man.

I'm not going to play the DLC so I just read up on the plot to see what happens.

Li Kao

Lol. Considering my post history and my strong stance on not using SAM ...

I'll wait a bit then try again. Hopefully it'll work.

In other news, my new favourite:

Fungus head armed with vacuum cleaner

Yeah I didn't fully follow the thread as much I would have wanted these last few months, but I suspected this was the case. Still, you don't cheat for playfire reward, you don't cheat for your ego, you don't even really cheat, you are correcting a mistake.
As far as Sam use goes, I would think it's the most, and only honorable way.

I'm going through DS2 just after finishing DS1 a few weeks ago.

I liked more DS1's setting, but I feel that combat and weapons are an improvement on DS2. The amount of weapon degradation on DS2 makes me try out more different playstyles instead of relying on my known ones.

Also I feel the game way longer, I think I'm halfway and I'm already on level 120 (granted, I've taken my detours to help people online, but still).

So far I'm having fun, and that is what I demand from my games.

Wow, one day in and the thread is already at 21 pages. I hope the community here is as good as they say.
The steam thread is the #1 reason why I even bothered signing up to NeoGaf.
People here are really great, and super nice(Although make sure to read the OP and have EnhancedSteam installed)

Halo 2

Banned
What difficulty are you playing on? I went through at Hard (at the request of GAF) and had little difficult until Sam and Armstrong. Those assholes took a while.

I'm playing on normal since I haven't played a whole lot of games in this genre.
I'd get wrecked on hard.

Catshade

Ah, I'm such a dumbo. I removed UFO: Aftershock from my Summer Sale list because I discovered I already owned it, but as I just realised, I in fact accidentally took note of the wrong game: I was supposed to jot down the identically-priced and similarly-named UFO: Aftermath. Hopefully it's in a bundle in the near future (being a $5 1C game, the odds are in my favour).

There's one active bundle in Bundle Stars containing both right now.

Lomax

I think I´m taking Abyss Odyssey OT. Dat Art.

Story Mode
Coop and VS modes
Randomly Generated Dungeons
Every Enemy playable in the game
Gameplay is similar to Smash Bros (Based on Previews)

Im so in.

My concern is the procedurally generatedx platformers don't work very well unless they are modular (like Spelunky or Rogue Legacy) and this seems to be more purely random (Like A Valley Without Wind) and that could really undercut the quality. So it's a big "wait and see" for me, though I love the look of it.

Ah, I'm such a dumbo. I removed UFO: Aftershock from my Summer Sale list because I discovered I already owned it, but as I just realised, I in fact accidentally took note of the wrong game: I was supposed to jot down the identically-priced and similarly-named UFO: Aftermath. Hopefully it's in a bundle in the near future (being a $5 1C game, the odds are in my favour).

I've seen a few sit unclaimed on Modbot giveaways from the bundle, you could probably still snag one of those.

What difficulty are you playing on? I went through at Hard (at the request of GAF) and had little difficult until Sam and Armstrong. Those assholes took a while.

It took me an hour to beat Armstrong on Hard my first time. But the run where I beat him, I executed everything flawlessly. Pure zen.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/aftershock-bundle/

Eternia

It takes a moron and a thief to get scammed :p
Yup.
Will regular trading card prices go up or down after the sale. Was looking. Seems like i can get about 190 cards. Cant sell until the 22nd though because some asshole revoked his awesomenauts and scammed me a week ago
You can get your weed back actually, I have been scammed atleast 5 times, everytime, aslong as the chat was through steam and the steam trading inventory was used I was able to get the games back, even if I didn't keep the chat logs. Hence why I quit Game for Game trading.
:p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So as someone who has the other Divinity games should I try these out first before OS or does it not matter?

It depends. Original Sin is most like the first game, Divine Divinity. With the notable exception being that Divine Divinity's combat is action based (like Diablo) and not turn based. Beyond Divinity is similar but regarded by most as pretty bad (especially compared to the first). Divinity II is a 3D action RPG, and Divinity: Dragon Commander is a strategy / RTS game.

There isn't really an overall story arc, but they all take place in the same in-game universe.

I'd say you're probably safe starting with Original Sin, but if you like it and also like Diablo style games, play Divine Divinity.

Shadownet

Banned
Maybe it'll be a pre-order incentive for the Master Chief Collection. :p

But that mean I have to buy an Xbone. I promise myself I wouldn't buy it until Half Life 3 comes out. :p honestly idk what exclusive it would take for me to buy one. At this point Halo isn't doing it for me anymore. They need some blockbuster new IP for me to be interested in again.

So I'm not the only one who wanted wars or another halo game like that for the PC.

You're not. I know quite a few people with a soft spot for it too. It got a lot of criticism but it also got somewhat of a cult fan base. It feel so good to see the Arbiter duel welding two energy swords and mowing down everyone!

This one is a prequel set in the distant past so playing the old ones isn't necessary, and from what I've played it could be a good introduction to CRPGs if you have no experience. Can't wait for the long weekend so I can put a lot of time into it.

Maybe I can buy one of the older games and try it out? Which one of the older Divinity title is good?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why the heck not?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gravelord_Nito, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-37B0E555047F83E4 - Taken by Pakkidis. 83 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey #2 -- MB-524EDBF56BC346D2 - Taken by Vlad. 58 entrants total.

t1404238148z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
New BundleStars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/big-sims-bundle/

Professional Farmer 2014
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition
Airport Simulator 2014
Warehouse and Logistics Simulator
Towtruck Simulator 2015
Skyscraper Simulator
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
Bridge It (Plus)
Trainz: Murchison 2
Trainz: Classic Cabon City
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle
Roller Coaster Rampage

3,50€

Sadly I already own all these Simulator goodness

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Which one of the older Divinity title is good?

See my post on the previous page, but Divine Divinity is the one you're looking for.

Think open world game with Diablo style combat and dungeons, and mix in elements from the Elder Scrolls (lockpicking, pick pocketing, moveable environment) and you've got one of the best isometric RPGs ever released on PC.

See my post on the previous page, but Divine Divinity is the one you're looking for.

Think open world game with Diablo style combat and dungeons, and mix in elements from the Elder Scrolls (lockpicking, pick pocketing, moveable environment) and you've got one of the best isometric RPGs ever released on PC.

There's no dragon transformation?

marrec

Banned
Awww yesss:

This is your chance to tow away those illegally parked cars! As the owner of a large car pound, you’ve got a whole fleet of different towtrucks at your disposal. Scour the bustling city for the law-breaking vehicles, hitch them up and tow them back to your yard.

Big Sims Bundle here I come.

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Derrick the Deathfin -- MB-ACB20D96F7819AB4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-CA86FBF2B9139B66
t1cxE6r.gif
Ikaruga -- MB-5BC89A507291104A
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-28FE26BC2624B167
SpaceChem -- MB-115CAEDCD6D6E62C
They breathe -- MB-B0814770B64FD5E5

t1404303406z1.png

Also, Acceleration of Suguri is releasing on steam today?!

Amzin

New BundleStars

Professional Farmer 2014
Airport Simulator 2014
Towtruck Simulator 2015
Skyscraper Simulator
Bridge It (Plus)
Roller Coaster Rampage

3,50€

Part of me really wants to get this, but most of me remembers how little time I've had to even play ETS2 :l

Articalys

Damn, guys, 10% through the thread in a single day?

I've been listening to Shovel Knight OST that virt made available for PWYW on his site... If the game is half as good as its music, it should easily score GAF Steam 2014 GOTY award.
I really want to listen to the OST especially since they were gracious enough to put it up free for streaming, but at the same time I kind of want to first experience most of it while playing the game...

liezryou

New BundleStars

Professional Farmer 2014
Airport Simulator 2014
Towtruck Simulator 2015
Skyscraper Simulator
Bridge It (Plus)
Roller Coaster Rampage

3,50€

Now that is an epic simulator bundle.

Shadownet

Banned

Yeah Lol I saw it the moment I press post. Thanks. I think I will check that out.

One question for those playing it though.

Items and weapons in the game. Is there a degradation system? Like you have to visit a blacksmith cause your weapon durability dropped?

I know its common in RPG to have that but I honestly can't stand it. That's why I never pick up Kingdom of Amalur.

Autofokus

New BundleStars

Professional Farmer 2014
Airport Simulator 2014
Towtruck Simulator 2015
Skyscraper Simulator
Bridge It (Plus)
Roller Coaster Rampage

3,50€

Are any of them good?
I mean 'good', not 'good for the price'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom