• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

It's a straight port of the iPad version, why wouldn't it be entirely mouse-controlled?

I wasn't aware it was a mobile game. Having only watched the trailer and screenshots before buying it looked like something I'd enjoy, but the lack of keyboard controls, overly simplistic and patronizing UI killed my expectation. Next time I'll pay more attention to the game description.

Subject16

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Imagine Me #2 -- MB-DC8FC14E1FECDDCF - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.
Imagine Me #3 -- MB-61E238E0E53BC4D6 - Taken by Biochet. 2 entrants total.
Imagine Me #1 -- MB-3559BF47C556EFE3 - Taken by Halo 2. 1 entrants total.

t1404224889z1.png
Good luck!

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

Repeat this at least 30 times.

I only want to find that Nito boss.

For me the game should be titled Dark Souls: Prepare to Fall Edition.

Tomb of the Giants related, the only 'spoilers' are tips on how to progress:
Tomb of the Giants can quickly be accessed from Firelink Shrine by a few strategic falls in the first section of the Catacombs to lead you straight to Pinwheel's section to reduce the monotony of running back there if you die. A light source can be located prior to one's visit of this area if certain criteria are met (I'm not going to spoil what those criteria are, or where to get it) and you can also acquire a light source in the area itself. There are two bonfires (if I'm not mistaken) in the area, and the first is fairly close to the start. Use the Augite of Guidances (I can't remember if they're named that or Prism Stones) to create a path for yourself if you want. They're very cheap so you can easily buy 99.

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

The catacombs in Dark Souls is a fucking pain the ass. I can't see shit, I can't find any Bonfire, so I fall of an edge and die due to the fucking darkness and I respawn at Firelink Shire.

There are 2 bonfires in that area, but you have to get out of the way to reach them, the one on the catacombs is really easy to miss (happened to me), look for downward stairs on some of the platforms you slide into.

milena87

There's a skull lantern that helps, and I forget what the item is but there is a stone that you can throw and it makes a sound when it hits the ground. You can test depth with it.

It can drop from the Necromancers or you can find one in the Tomb of the Giants
after that bastard Patches kicks you

The other easy method to navigate the Tomb of the Giants is to acquire the Sunlight Maggot in the Demon Ruins
either through the shortcut (give 30 humanity to the Spider Lady) in Lost Izalith or after defeating the Titanite Demon

Hugstable

Banned
Missing a giveaway doesn't feel as bad as staying up to see if you won that one game you really wanted and ended up losing :(

Missing the last 2 Shovel Knight giveaways felt pretty bad, but yeah I agree with you on that one, I think I stayed up super late for one giveaway and slept like 3 hours that day since I have an internal clock that goes off at 5:30 AM for me haha. I did win some game called Inversion and Civ V though, so the giveaways actually turned out awesome for me!

Also for those playing Divinity, how long do you guys think this game is gonna be. I'm getting really addicted to playing this right now and trying my best not to get it to pull me from Dark Souls. Must resist... the urge or great RPG...

Anteater

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!

I remember spending my entire night drunk at that tomb of the giants place and was looking for the "lantern", I finally found one in a chest or something, opened my inventory and found out there's already one in there, guess I got a drop from some other mobs >.>

Hugstable

Banned
Its blocked until you pass Anor Londo.

Cool, I'll just finish Anor Londo then. Also got a quick question but I'll spoiler tag it.

*Dark Souls 1 possible spoiler?*
Alright should I be walking into this orange light, I'm thinking it's gonna take me somewhere to die lol. I'm guessing I should be heading into that huge Castle, but after fighting some of those Giants (super fun to fight actually) I found this path.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559885232960996216/B398735278C18BEE2F39E8B5292A6FD661CDF4ED/

neoemonk

I remember spending my entire night drunk at that tomb of the giants place and was looking for the "lantern", I finally found one in a chest or something, opened my inventory and found out there's already one in there, guess I got a drop from some other mobs >.>

The real Dark Souls started when you got drunk.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
gud
this game looked great from when i first saw it on rps, not to mention the ace team guys are allright dudes (i learned the 3 founders were bros from a trailer, talkin about family business), i'll pick this up just before release
also legit surprised by their flawless english, i've seen very few non native english speakers speaking with ease like that

I remember the reveal trailer and a few months ago went back to check on it and saw how much it evolved. I find it a bit depressing that the game was at E3 and there was very little coverage at it. The few previews I managed to read talked positively about the gameplay and how the story is meta. There was even a reason why you respawn in the game.
The lead character is the abyss and the abyss is her so every time she dies she will reset the abyss and respawn

The gameplay seemed to be fun and the soul capturing really interesting. The game vs mode aiming to be competitive using a lot of mechanics different fighting games use and adapt it into a smash bros like combat system sounds like a dream. The team already said they will constantly balance the game if needed and plan on producing more content so it definitely shows they have love for their work. They have an amazing art direction and interesting game concepts which while some might be flawed they remain fun to play. I might give away some copies later this month as the release gets near.

EDIT: Current version of the game has 37 playable characters and more characters will come later to the game. NICEEEE

Li Kao

Cool, I'll just finish Anor Londo then. Also got a quick question but I'll spoiler tag it.

Alright should I be walking into this orange light, I'm thinking it's gonna take me somewhere to die lol. I'm guessing I should be heading into that huge Castle, but after fighting some of those Giants (super fun to fight actually) I found this path.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559885232960996216/B398735278C18BEE2F39E8B5292A6FD661CDF4ED/

You can't, that's the point ^_^
Same orange fog in the catacombs.

Panda Rin

it doesn't unlock until you progress further in the game. you'll come back to this opening eventually.

MikeDown

Banned
I still have my spare Kickstarter key that I am planning to give away in the not too distant future along with some other stuff *cough*wasteland2*cough*
that is very kind and generous of you :D

I think I´m taking Abyss Odyssey OT. Dat Art.

Story Mode
Coop and VS modes
Randomly Generated Dungeons
Every Enemy playable in the game
Gameplay is similar to Smash Bros (Based on Previews)

Im so in.
The random dungeons and playable enemies looks awesome, that was has me interested besides the co-op and art style

I think i'll finish Metal gear rising today.

I'm still stuck fighting monsoon

Haha, I encountered a similar "problem" with Stranger's Wrath HD. I generally don't bother with vsync, but I didn't have much of a choice in this case. ;)

Yeah, I mean we don't want to burn our GPUs like in the StarCraft II days :p Though Imagine Me is the first game I saw going past 800fps in any case, now I wonder what a Titan Z would reach, 2000?

milena87

Also for those playing Divinity, how long do you guys think this game is gonna be. I'm getting really addicted to playing this right now and trying my best not to get it to pull me from Dark Souls. Must resist... the urge or great RPG...

I think it depends on your playstyle.

I can easily see myself playing for at least 100 hours, rummaging through every single barrel, crate or whatever, stealing every single thing from every city or village, probably building a fortress out of crates at some points...

All pretty time-consuming things.

JakeD

i've played 3.5 hours doing nothing but creating characters and playing through the "tutorial" dungeon a few times

Panda Rin

Thanks for the fast responses! :D At least now I have a set path to go to. Didn't try walking into that Orange Light so I didn't know I couldn't even go through it yet -_-

good luck with the rest of Anor Londo! By far my favorite area aesthetically (even though it took me forever to get through it). I remember having to take multiple long breaks because of impatience.

Halo 2

Banned
I finished the game 2 days after saying that.

Fuck Armstrong and his fucking
nanomachines

Yeah I think this is the third time I've said "i'm finishing this game now"

The difficulty rises at a pretty good rate imo but it's definitely not an easy game by any means.

I dig the music!

Is steam down for anyone else?

AHA-Lambda

It isn't imo, mostly because all the episodes so far are noticeably shorter and you're getting pushed through the story too fast. I liked the relaxed moments in S1 when you could run around, talk to people and solve small puzzles.

I'd agree with this, compared to S1 it's disappointing imo. I feel that the wolf among us is eating twd's lunch.

_hekk05

Banned
Apparently battleblock free 50 prisoners achievement is kinda bugged. I've released about 54 prisoners (excluding those at start and scuba steve and hatzilla), and its still locked.

Apparently its a known bug and the only solution is to wait a while then try releasing another prisoner to try to get steam to recognise the achievement.

No 50 pence playfire rewards for me T.T

Knurek

Damn, guys, 10% through the thread in a single day?

I've been listening to Shovel Knight OST that virt made available for PWYW on his site... If the game is half as good as its music, it should easily score GAF Steam 2014 GOTY award.

Hanzou

Apparently battleblock free 50 prisoners achievement is kinda bugged. I've released about 54 prisoners (excluding those at start and scuba steve and hatzilla), and its still locked.

Apparently its a known bug and the only solution is to wait a while then try releasing another prisoner to try to get steam to recognise the achievement.

No 50 pence playfire rewards for me T.T
Or you could steam achievement manager it since you did earn it...

Hugstable

Banned
good luck with the rest of Anor Londo! By far my favorite area aesthetically (even though it took me forever to get through it). I remember having to take multiple long breaks because of impatience.

Haha yee, I took a short break at the start of Anor Londo to play through Valiant Hearts (worth it though), but now I feel as if I'm ready to tackle this place head on. The second you step into Anor Londo is breathtaking though, and I love all the little details on the building in this area.

Edit: I just laughed at the name of the game on the front page of Steam store today. Lemme see your War Face... arggghg

Li Kao

On the Divinity front, as I'm downloading it as we speak, are the cheevos fully enabled ?
I don't know, the game seemingly comes with 63 achievements and when I click on it only 7 of them are shown (beta ones I suppose).
Now I don't really care for achievements, the game could not have one and it wouldn't affect me, but I still wouldn't want to begin a three digit hours long game only to see that I have fucked up by playing too soon. Seems contradictory, but not really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, I'm such a dumbo. I removed UFO: Aftershock from my Summer Sale list because I discovered I already owned it, but as I just realised, I in fact accidentally took note of the wrong game: I was supposed to jot down the identically-priced and similarly-named UFO: Aftermath. Hopefully it's in a bundle in the near future (being a $5 1C game, the odds are in my favour).

Good news: Shovel Knight was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly magazine.

Bad news: They think it's a Wii U exclusive that gives people an excuse to finally buy a Wii U.

Yeah I think this is the third time I've said "i'm finishing this game now"

The difficulty rises at a pretty good rate imo but it's definitely not an easy game by any means.

I dig the music!

What difficulty are you playing on? I went through at Hard (at the request of GAF) and had little difficult until Sam and Armstrong. Those assholes took a while.

Damn, guys, 10% through the thread in a single day?

eh, it'll calm down. Post sale has a lot of new people and we're still going through 'omg new thread' crap. Probably still going to take 2 threads for July though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom