• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah new friends, good to have you. I just wish I had remembered crafting those Summer badges increased my friend count number up and more people would share screenshots or at least comment in the Activity. Tis fun to see what others are up to and find interesting to share.
Alas I am currently at my limit and don't feel right getting rid of anyone on my list, so it won't be until next Steam Sale before I can increase my level and thus have even more friends. Curse you Valve and your devious way of getting me to use cards.

Oh and tomorrow I'll do a giveaway for System Shock 2 in case anyone doesn't have that yet. Right now though, I'm off to eat some brownies caked inside of a big snickerdoodle.

Mono

Glad you finally logged on to see that lol. Hope you enjoy it.

Lol, oops! I forgot that I was set to offline half the day.

I hope so, too!! The demo was mighty fun! I'll try it out tomorrow morning; it installed super fast. Thanks again!

dunno if you guys are into it but there's a new pass in CS:GO
it costs 6$ and cases sell for 4$ and rising...

I've seen this posted a few times and I'm intrigued. As a complete noob that owns CS:GO what is involved here? I want to make money by playing games I suck at.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm wondering if I should hop back aboard the csgo train. Playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with friends and then was planning on some DS2. Hard hitting life decisions here.

Mono

Is there anyone here who like the Blackwell series and doesnt have it yet?

*being coy about it*

Everyone needs to play the Blackwell series! I'm very picky about point and clicks but I love these games. There's ghosts, oo!

The coolest gimmick is that you control both the ghost and the human to solve puzzles. It's a lot of fun, even though some of them are unfair to figure out in the earlier games.

The devs are really cool, as well.

JustLynx

I've seen this posted a few times and I'm intrigued. As a complete noob that owns CS:GO what is involved here? I want to make money by playing games I suck at.

I've been away from CS for so long that I have no idea what you are talking about. :(

oh, you don't need to play it actually, you can just idle the game
in server browser, look for idle, find a map with achivement_idle in its name, log into that server, press alt+tab, and ur done :p

operation breakout?

yea

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I love when photoshop decides to crash while Im working on the damn OT. -_-

POS Laptop. Can´t wait to be back with my beautiful laptop with the fixed screen.

Can´t really complain this laptop has been working for 8 years

dot

dunno if you guys are into it but there's a new pass in CS:GO
it costs 6$ and cases sell for 4$ and rising...

Wait, rising? I thought they'd be going down...

I've been away from CS for so long that I have no idea what you are talking about. :(

Buy Operation pass, idle/play matches, get case drops, sell and make your money back (and then some).

can you people stop talking about brownies :( i want some...

Derp

I went from level 2 to level 12 over the Steam sale... I'm pretty proud of myself. I also now have 24 games. Mhm... Watch out JaseC... There's a new collector in the house.

Tellaerin

Can you please refrain from posting steam ID's in this thread?

its not like we don't have a new shiny thread for it.

I understand you want to keep things separated, man, but sometimes it makes more sense to keep things in the same thread. When people are getting on well and decide they want to exchange ID's with other folks in the thread, telling them (nicely) to take it someplace else feels like a bit of a buzzkill. (Though that may just be me. Just sayin'. *shrug*)

Speaking of, I really do need to add some more of you guys. Keep telling myself I'm going to do that, but I never seem to get around to it. >.>

Toki767

I just got home. FOOOOOOOOD

BqMocxBCQAALtuj.jpg

Kanokare

I believe I can live with that, however, now I'm missing 2 of the previous coins, any way to get the passes now, a year later?

You can purchase the passes like Operation Phoenix and Bravo etc off the market. You can only get a bronze token from it though but better than nothing.

oh, you don't need to play it actually, you can just idle the game
in server browser, look for idle, find a map with achivement_idle in its name, log into that server, press alt+tab, and ur done :p

Buy Operation pass, idle/play matches, get case drops, sell and make your money back (and then some).

I can idle? This sounds even better!

BTW dot, I miss Ariana Grande. Will she ever make a reappearance?

EdmondD

Stumpokapow looking into a rule that will target people who actually spend money to give away games, not just bundle extras.

You receive monies on paypal or something?

Nah, I meant Steam monies. GabeN funny bucks. Fat stacks. Dosh.

You can sell knives and the real rare stuff and make some real money though I think. I heard of people doing that.

JustLynx

Wait, rising? I thought they'd be going down...

can you people stop talking about brownies :( i want some...

ofcourse it's rising :D
it was just released, people not aware to it, once people will see it's out, theyll buy it like crazy,
when the huntsman came out and it was a free update, the cases were 8$ !
and i'll repeat, it was a free update,
this one is a 6$ pass, so i think it'll reach 6$ per case for sure, only matter of time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so many friend invites, so many different names from Gaf sigh...

I hate every single one of you

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering if I should hop back aboard the csgo train. Playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with friends and then was planning on some DS2. Hard hitting life decisions here.

Operation Breakout = a good reason to hope back on the de_train.

stOex

How is the PC version of Dark Souls II? I bought it for PS3 at launch, but haven't got around playing it that much. Should I start over on PS3 or just buy it for PC?

dot

I can idle? This sounds even better!

BTW dot, I miss Ariana Grande. Will she ever make a reappearance?

I shoot idlers in the face.

Ariana is taking a break right now. She will come back...eventually.
i miss her too

I hope there'll be a sale soon for speedrunners so I can get more friends to play

http://a.pomf.se/wazfxm.webm

This game is so fun and hilarious. I gotta play it again when it gets playfire rewards.

ofcourse it's rising :D
it was just released, people not aware to it, once people will see it's out, theyll buy it like crazy,
when the huntsman came out and it was a free update, the cases were 8$ !
and i'll repeat, it was a free update,
this one is a 6$ pass, so i think it'll reach 6$ per case for sure, only matter of time

Cool. I'm still locked out of the market so i hope they keep going up!

Ibuki

Banned
How is the PC version of Dark Souls II? I bought it for PS3 at launch, but haven't got around playing it that much. Should I start over on PS3 or just buy it for PC?

I am in the same boat but I already bought the pc version. I'll let you know how it is after I try it but someone here might be able to elaborate sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom