• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
The One Piece anime is the most boring anime I have watched. It was good when it started, but it is now the slowest and boring anime.

The pacing in the beginning was fast, because they didnt need to catch up to the manga too fast.

I remember the arcs in the beginning were like maybe 10-15 episodes long. Now every major arc are like 60-70 episodes or more...

Deques

The pacing in the beginning was fast, because they didnt need to catch up to the manga too fast.

I remember the arcs in the beginning were like maybe 10-15 episodes long. Now every major arc are like 60-70 episodes or more...

One of the major issues the anime suffers is because the manga is also kinda slow. They release a 2-3 chapters then take a one or two weeks break

the only anime / manga I really kept up over the years was One Piece, so everytime I see anything Bleach related that is after when it started involving all those gods (like the ice kid or kanpachi), or Naruto after his fight with sasuke (when they were kids that is), this is my reaction:

and not even in a "anime is bad" way, just...I dont know who the fuck any of these people or places are :(

I don't know anything about the long running manga/anime. I am a sham.

One of the major issues the anime suffers is because the manga is also kinda slow. They release a 2-3 chapters then take a one or two weeks break

That is why I binge watch One Piece but lately even that is kind of like a torture, because sometimes nothing really happens at all in those episodes.
I mean, seriously nothing. Talk, walk 5m, talk.

And Oda even makes it that boring, at least for the anime.
Like when the huge pirate battle was going on, Luffy ran to the front for like who knows how many episodes, just to be hit and fly back for like 300m just to run to the front in 10 episodes again.

Or with the poison guy. Finally they can fight against him. Oh no. They get captured and everything they have done was for nothing. Have fun with 20 more episodes in which nothing really happens just to face the villain again.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The manga definitely has better pacing. Now they're so caught up that it's almost a 1:1 chapter-episode ratio. Which is great, but things get really drawn out.

I'm liking SteamGAF becoming KaizokuGAF.

So? Why should the majority wanting the game have to suffer as a result? It's a Valve and minority problem.
No one wanting the game is suffering when the maximum investment is $15, c'mon.

Get over that hurdle and you'll appreciate the efforts at trying to prevent actually suffering through 40 minute matches against cheaters.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
One Piece and JoJo are my bread and butter. They keep me alive. There's so many good series I follow, but they're just the absolute best.

the right choice

ibadsmKnTXVlro.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
the right choice

ibadsmKnTXVlro.gif

Needs more webm.

rerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorero rero
ALULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULU
ah

I need season three to finish so I can binge watch it in a few sittings like I did the first two. It's the only real way to watch Jojo.
No. You will catch The JoJos.

Your body begins to shake. You can't handle the wait. Then BAM! You're up to the most recent JoJolion, crying out for a monthly release Araki Araki ARAKIARAKIARAKI WHYYYYY

-ahem-

Hugs and Marco are going to catch up on Part 4-8 after 3 finished airing. You want in on this race?

Wonder how Jojo got that popular lately. I remember reading the bad scanlations of it in like 2002?

And till the new remake of the anime, no one besides a few, cared much for it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how Jojo got that popular lately. I remember reading the bad scanlations of it in like 2002?

And till the new remake of the anime, no one besides a few, cared much for it.

The remake of the anime brought about a new beautiful duwang for the Jojos, and brought a lot of people like me into the franchise proper and not just the abridged series that I watched before.

aku:jiki

I saw one of SteamGAF's brethren on my trip to work today. He was like a Tokyo Drift azn boi from 2004, with the spiked hair with blonde highlights and baggy pants, and his cellphone background was a waifu and then he launched a video player and settled down to enjoy some waifus on his way to work. I saw at least one wedding dress in whatever he was watching.

I'm assuming it was Deques.

Mono

I was family sharing with two people, but suddenly both of their libraries are gone for me except for the two games I had installed from one of my friends' libraries. What is going on? :O

I saw one of SteamGAF's brethren on my trip to work today. He was like a Tokyo Drift azn boi from 2004, with the spiked hair with blonde highlights and baggy pants, and his cellphone background was a waifu and then he launched a video player and settled down to enjoy some waifus on his way to work. I saw at least one wedding dress in whatever he was watching.

I'm assuming it was Deques.

haha, aww man that description reminds me so much of my highschool days (16 years ago). Except back then the kids didn't have phones to watch waifus on only magazines on 'how to draw waifus' that they would endlessly flick through, occasionally having to peel open sticky pages...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking puppy cunt scared the living hell out of me when I got home just now and he blitzed under my legs into the street, son of a whore. Luckily there was a dude walking by and he stopped at him for petting (which the dude obliged) and I caught him... fucking took the wind out of me that did >_<

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget guys, the main reason to catch up on JoJo is for the 32 page SUPER HEAVY SPOILERS JoJo |OT| topic (seriously DON'T GO THERE IF YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP) and some amazing parodies.

There's a series of amazing MADs that cover each part. Here's the part 1 and 2 MAD for you guys caught up to Stardust Crusaders as a taste of the glory to come.

Part 4 is one of the greatest things ever. I WILL MAKE YOU CRACK AND READ IT EARLY, HUGS. YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2015 FOR PART 4.

5BYxI5Z.gif

Arthea

I tried Unturned yesterday.
WTH? Why so many people play it? It's the last game I would choose to play *shakes head in disbelief*
Am I missing something?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-A3024EFC7BC4601D - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 2 entrants total.

t1405064982z1.png

I've been lurking around all day so here's a small giveaway.

4epFL03.png

On another note, what are some relaxing games to play?

fucking puppy cunt scared the living hell out of me when I got home just now and he blitzed under my legs into the street, son of a whore. Luckily there was a dude walking by and he stopped at him for petting (which the dude obliged) and I caught him... fucking took the wind out of me that did >_<

Needs pictures of the culprit.

Arthea

I've been lurking around all day so here's a small giveaway.
pic

There are many, it would be easier to suggest knowing what you like and played already.

Super Hexagon is pretty chill. It's just colors and shapes while a nice lady talks to you.

you can suggest most infuriating game ever and get away with it, karma will get you in the end. (><)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Murder in Hotel Lisbon keys are up in the desura CLIENT (not the website as usual) if you own indieroyale debut 8 bundle

And Super Panda Adventures key up at groupees from Be Mine 9, but someone had already said that earlier tonight

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I was just wondering why that many people liked Jojo judging by the first two parts. I thought, besides some scenes in the first, the first two parts are one of the weaker ones.

I honestly think a lot of it is because of internet hype that's been building over the last few years, leading up to the release of Phantom Blood's anime. Think of it as contagious diffusion with the hearth as Japan. Through both internet forums and word of mouth, JJBA got a lot of mileage when the new anime came out, and it just spread over time, leading to popularity.

It doesn't hurt that the openings have a lot of views, as do some scenes from the anime, and a few MADs have a million or so views.

Card Boy

Banned
seriously? well, then it's out of curiosity. Oh well, at least it didn't take long to download.

It's a F2P zombie survival game with no Pay2Win made by a 16 year old kid that is more functional than Day-Z. Outside H1Z1 you don't see much of these games that are free.

Yakkue

Poor puppy, for a while there it thought it had finally escaped your clutches of evil. I'm sure there'll be another escape attempt soon.

Most Point and Click Adventures are pretty relaxing. Apart from that, I found Costume Quest to be a fun relaxing game.

Edit:
the culprit as in the puppy? lol sure. I dont really have many pics, I can take some later. here he is when he was 2months (hes 3 and a bit now)
Awwwww, how can you be so angry at something so cute?

I declare today/tomorrow (depending on your own personal definition of when a day begins) as Everyone-go-buy-Abyss-Odyssey Day. Do it. I'm serious. I'm gonna do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom