• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I feel I would just be horrible at a game about cooking :(.

Gonna be picking up Volgarr though, for 3.99 it looks to be a pretty decent old school action platformer. Seems hard as hell though.

C,S,D! isn't so much about actually cooking as it is about reflexes and thinking fast. You'll be fine, buy it.

Ozium

last call:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-70247CE99D29E98A - Taken by DJSebolski. 31 entrants total.

t1405069780z1.png

Kanokare

Where do you upload them :eek:

Sorry for slow response! I'll be uploading it to my PC channel that I just started up again and should be up tomorrow. Really not sure what we're doing with the channel yet but it looks like it's gonna mainly be FF14 and CS:GO. Might do some play throughs with another for Outlast and Alien Isolation; I'd play 15 minutes then she would play 15 minutes for the next video.

There's currently one CS:GO GAF video I uploaded on the channel but was just a test the other day >_> I fixed most of the problems I had with it. I do miss push-to-talk though. Anyway, the Inferno game we had was really good so that'll be up later in the day.

I think he just puts them on Youtube. He links them here and on Steam though. SSD would be sick for this.

I need to record our CS matches, but I have my SSD set to the scratch drive for Shadowplay, which doesn't have enough space for a 40+ minute long recording, and I don't trust saving it to the same drive as I play from. I'll see how it does on the HDD tomorrow or something; It might not be bad at all.

Yup. My hard drive is dying so I get some lock ups here and there :/ Add that with shadowplay and I better hope I don't freeze in the middle of a fight.

ha I need more of that casual CS:GO time after that soul crushing defeat today in comp. I must get better! I actually got some deagle kills today :D

Haha we did awesome the first two games at least :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ace Combat dropped from 29.99€ to 19.99€
Ass Creed 4 dropped from 49.99€ to 29.99€

good news for future sales

Deadfall Adventures is still 39.99€ (lol)

edit: Mokoi's avatar looks more and more evil

Hugstable

Banned
Don't tell me what to buy!

---

Also I'll write something up tomorrow, but Teslagrad is really good. Buy it people! and yes I just told people what to buy.

-_______-

Edit: Dammit now I'm considering it lol

Haha we did awesome the first two games at least :)

Our comeback in that second round after halftime was great. We lost like 4 rounds in a row when we started as CT

Right I meant push-to-mute that they took out >_<
I think I'm gonna look into a software-based mic mute key or something. Because I can't get OBS to work properly the way I want it to, and PTT is pretty dumb for using on Twitch.

EDIT: IF I HAVE TO VERIFY MY SAME BROWSER FOR HUMBLE ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR TO GOD

Arthea

Is Starbound better than Terraria? I need something in that genre. Kinda curious about Starbound.

There is terraria like game in HWB, this one
http://store.steampowered.com/app/263200/

edited: I haven't picked Starbound yet.

GAF factor aside, CSD is a truly amazing game, one of my all time favorite in my Steam library.

BUT please don't buy it (or better: buy it but don't play it!) because I don't want to be kicked out the first page of the combo leaderboard. Thank you.
don't tempt me, dear Copons, just don't

Copons

Sounds like Hugstable isn't aware of the GAF factor either. Any true believer buys it on principle.

GAF factor aside, CSD is a truly amazing game, one of my all time favorite in my Steam library.

BUT please don't buy it (or better: buy it but don't play it!) because I don't want to be kicked out the first page of the combo leaderboard. Thank you.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is Starbound better than Terraria? I need something in that genre. Kinda curious about Starbound.

It's very similar mechanics-wise, with some improvements. The scope is also larger overall. Small problem being that the game is still super super early access and I believe they are behind schedule on updates. I don't think there's a risk of it not being finished but it isn't as far along as it should be.

maneil99

I think he just puts them on Youtube. He links them here and on Steam though.

I need to record our CS matches, but I have my SSD set to the scratch drive for Shadowplay, which doesn't have enough space for a 40+ minute long recording, and I don't trust saving it to the same drive as I play from. I'll see how it does on the HDD tomorrow or something; It might not be bad at all.

If you asked a while ago maybe. I'm kinda done with CS for tonight, sorry.

Turn down the framerate to 30 and lower the bitrate to about 20-25. I get about 1.3gb for a 8 minutes 60 fps clip.

Arthea

I think I'm gonna look into a software-based mic mute key or something. Because I can't get OBS to work properly the way I want it to, and PTT is pretty dumb for using on Twitch.

EDIT: IF I HAVE TO VERIFY MY SAME BROWSER FOR HUMBLE ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR TO GOD

You'll have, every time you buy something from Humble, just accept it now and be done with it.

Shadownet

Banned

Ohhh thanks :) look interesting.

-----

So.. I don't really have anything on my wish list. Despite working at GameStop. I only know the AAA titles.

So if you guys know of any upcoming games or games that are already out. That are either along the line of JRPG, RPG, indie adventure, mystery, crime solving and games with a great story that you would recommend. Please pm me on GAF with the link or Steam :)

I don't know that many or what is good or not that I should play. Since I only joined steam fairly recent.

Thank you.

Edit: really like games like Valiant Hearts, Wolf Among Us, Blackwell series, Terraria, etc. If you look at my library. You kinda see the types of games I like :) thanks once again.

aku:jiki

It's the secret theme of the bundle! Edge of Space, Darkout and Windforge are also Terraria-alikes.

Edge of Space is by some people from the Terraria team (and Starbound is by the other people in the team).

Don't forget to pull the Paranautical Activity slider down to 0 if you buy the bundle!

I haven't played it for a couple months but imo it was on a path to being better than terraria. I really need to revisit the game. It has a couple interesting things going for it that Terraria doesn't, like different planet types and npc villages. But last I played the villages didn't have much other than like npcs that don't do anything and maybe 1 shop that doesn't sell much.

It is very much a WIP (based on the last time I played which admittedly is like 6+ months ago.

Copons

don't tempt me, dear Copons, just don't

FML I went to check and I'm now 10th which means I'm the last one of the first page of the Highest Combo Extreme Difficulty, with only 1 point more than the 11th position (and like 100 less than the 1st one who's a cheater FOR SURE also [BLINKINGTEXT]WARNING CAERITH IS A CHEATER TOO[/BLINKINGTEXT]).

So yeah, do not play CSD, or if you REALLY want to play it, do not do an extreme difficulty combo equal or higher than 283. THANKS.

Arthea

It's the secret theme of the bundle! Edge of Space, Darkout and Windforge are also Terraria-alikes.

Edge of Space is by some people from the Terraria team (and Starbound is by the other people in the team).

Don't forget to pull the Paranautical Activity slider down to 0 if you buy the bundle!

I wouldn't say Windforge is like terraria... then again maybe I imagine what this game is wrongly, need to play some. Too many games too little time, as always.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err... does humble bundle eat keys when you click them and you already had the game? >_>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
err... does humble bundle eat keys when you click them and you already had the game? >_>

Just like Steam would, yes. You don't get "dupe"/gift copies from Steam or Humble Bundle if you already own the game you're redeeming.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I really want a team-based competitive Iron Chef game, complete with generated cornball commentary as the teams work the secret ingredient for the match. Let's make it happen, chubigans.

Arthea

-----

So.. I don't really have anything on my wish list. Despite working at GameStop. I only know the AAA titles.

So if you guys know of any upcoming games or games that are already out. That are either along the line of JRPG, RPG, indie adventure, mystery, crime solving and games with a great story that you would recommend. Please pm me on GAF with the link or Steam :)

I don't know that many or what is good or not that I should play. Since I only joined steam fairly recent.

Thank you.

Edit: really like games like Valiant Hearts, Wolf Among Us, Blackwell series, Terraria, etc. If you look at my library. You kinda see the types of games I like :) thanks once again.
For great story and mystery, be sure to pick the Cat Lady.

for upcoming JRPGs, wait for Trails in the Sky with us, the more the merrier.

As for adventure games, there are so many, so many, I still can't quite believe scope of revival of this genre.

Rhaknar

Just like Steam would, yes. You don't get "dupe"/gift copies from Steam or Humble Bundle if you already own the game you're redeeming.

but I could still click the "create gift link" tho (and did)?

well Ill try it, if it dont work, dems the breaks!

No, it does not. Steam will just say you already own the game but the key is usable. This applies to digital game keys in general.

ah good, its just Secks being wrong as usual then, gotcha

BHK3

Banned
So I have stumbled upon a copy of war of the roses(its f2p, yeah this things OLD) and it's $20 DLC...what to do with this? Awful awful reviews of it on it's page :(

Oublieux

ah good, its just Secks being wrong as usual then, gotcha

He's actually partially right after reading another reply. I was thinking in the perspective of the key being tied to one game. But! If the key is a bundle and contains multiple games, it will register all the copies regardless of whether or not you own one of the games in the bundle already.

I think this is an extra, but I'm not sure. Dig in if you feel like finding out.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Full Bore -- MB-CD01CBDAEEE301F9 - Taken by Roboleon

aku:jiki

I just tested it, it says "Your Steam account already owns this game" if you try to redeem something you own. Refresh the page and it reverts to being completely unredeemed. The gift link stays regardless.

He's actually partially right. I was thinking in the perspective of the key being tied to one game. If the key is a bundle and contains multiple games, it will register all the copies regardless of whether or not you own one of the games in the bundle already.
This is also true, I had it happen with a couple. I guess that's exactly why Humble does it. Can't let people share with friends when said friends could spend more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom