• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
No, tomorrow is Why-the-fuck-didn't-you-guys-buy-Marlow-Briggs-for-a-dollar Day

Mlpfb.gif

Benedict

Something for this sunny friday morning.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stacking -- MB-5BCA99D3B1C60840 - Taken by Saty
Paranautical Activity -- MB-9B751C672A2D774E - Taken by KenOD
Darkout -- MB-798BCC4ACE3BB470 - Taken by kurahador

Arthea

I declare today/tomorrow (depending on your own personal definition of when a day begins) as Everyone-go-buy-Abyss-Odyssey Day. Do it. I'm serious. I'm gonna do it too.

sorry Marco, not ready to add another game to my playing now games list yet!
not sure I'm interested in too, it looks nice, though

It's a F2P zombie survival game with no Pay2Win made by a 16 year old kid that is more functional than Day-Z. Outside H1Z1 you don't see much of these games that are free.

ya, these games aren't my thing, so that's part of the problem, but also I experienced several problems with Unturned right at the start (like connecting, for example), and it being what it is, I just couldn't believe numbers of people playing this game.

Nabs

After 6 months you have to renew it.
Maybe thats why.

I don't think that's a thing.

I was family sharing with two people, but suddenly both of their libraries are gone for me except for the two games I had installed from one of my friends' libraries. What is going on? :O

It could just think you're on a different computer. Did you run anything new, like a virtual lan program (hamachi, tunngle), or plug in something that would create a similar device?

Don't get ahead of your wallet dude! You didn't get a crate yet!
I'm gonna put some of my cold, hard, FGC money (why am I going to a ranbat for USF4 when I haven't played it yet?) back into my bank account and buy it. Crate money is just a bonus and will go towards a potential giveaway or something.

kv3Jekf.png

I don't slot stuff into my top 3 lightly.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I declare today/tomorrow (depending on your own personal definition of when a day begins) as Everyone-go-buy-Abyss-Odyssey Day. Do it. I'm serious. I'm gonna do it too.

I declare right now as Go-Read-All-8-Parts-Of-JoJo Day. Do it. I'm serious. I'm gonna reread it too.

Arthea

So does that mean that all of us who bought it get some kind of reward tomorrow?

I even played 2 minutes of it! It's a game about some thug, thugging in the hood.

I've played longer than you! 20 minutes (well, may be 10, but still 5 times longer)
and I have this game for ages (><)

edited: so, do I win? and what?

Just get DOS and be done with 2014.

fixed for accuracy

Autofokus

I'm gonna put some of my cold, hard, FGC money (why am I going to a ranbat for USF4 when I haven't played it yet?) back into my bank account and buy it. Crate money is just a bonus and will go towards a potential giveaway or something.

kv3Jekf.png

I don't slot stuff into my top 3 lightly.

Just get DaS2 and be done with 2014.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed Alien had a price increase for me aswell not just russia. Was 44.99€ when it first showed up (same as Mordor) but now its 49.99€

Also Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris store page is up, no price yet

Hugstable

Banned
Don't forget guys, the main reason to catch up on JoJo is for the 32 page SUPER HEAVY SPOILERS JoJo |OT| topic (seriously DON'T GO THERE IF YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP) and some amazing parodies.

There's a series of amazing MADs that cover each part. Here's the part 1 and 2 MAD for you guys caught up to Stardust Crusaders as a taste of the glory to come.

Part 4 is one of the greatest things ever. I WILL MAKE YOU CRACK AND READ IT EARLY, HUGS. YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2015 FOR PART 4.

5BYxI5Z.gif

LOL stop making the wait so hard! I must preserve through animated Part 3! (I probably won't lol)

Mono

It could just think you're on a different computer. Did you run anything new, like a virtual lan program (hamachi, tunngle), or plug in something that would create a similar device?

I don't think so, but I might have without knowing it would do that. Is there anyway to "reset" it, if that is the problem?

Nabs

I don't think so, but I might have without knowing it would do that. Is there anyway to "reset" it, if that is the problem?

If you didn't install anything new, then I'd just recommend a restart. Try running those games and seeing if you can send a library request.

Arthea

can someone educate me on what Curse is? Is it paid membership site? I don't understand that Curse Premium (30-day access). What's use of it?
and I'm too lazy to investigate

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone educate me on what Curse is? Is it paid membership site? I don't understand that Curse Premium (30-day access). What's use of it?

its a easy way to get MMO mods. its big with the WOW community for example

I assume steam is telling me I own Warband because of the free weekend correct? in the store page I mean

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

It's a horrific vexation that comes upon your wallet many times a year. Cast by Sir Gaben the Brash, this curse causes all wallets to wither and decay as the fibers of life are sucked from its recesses.

Some call them "sales". We call them a "curse".

Or see above for a real answer.

aku:jiki

I just went to the Delver forums and found that there are people who actually pay money, €3 even, to reskin this wonderful cuteness:

Into this MS Paint abomination:

ziNTMOR.png

nPdVVgV.png

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Wow really impressed with Logitech CS right now, I sent them an email yesterday about my G400's scroll wheel not registering upward scrolls asking for a repair or replacement, they responded and asked for a picture and relevant warranty info, and I just now get an email saying I will get a replacement of a G400s which is the revised updated model of the G400 in 7-10 days. Very nice of them to not beat around the bush and drag a RMA on like a lot of hardware companies do.

Arthea

DA: Inquisition is 60&#8364;? Good luck with that, EA.

its a easy way to get MMO mods. its big with the WOW community for example

I assume steam is telling me I own Warband because of the free weekend correct? in the store page I mean

... why does it have paid membership again?
thanks

yup

Rhaknar

... why does it have paid membership again?
thanks

yup

no idea about the paid membership, all the mods are...well mods, so free. I always knew curse as a hub, maybe its something more now

also, stop caring about it just because you got it in the humble weekly! >_<

maneil99

Wow really impressed with Logitech CS right now, I sent them an email yesterday about my G400's scroll wheel not registering upward scrolls asking for a repair or replacement, they responded and asked for a picture and relevant warranty info, and I just now get an email saying I will get a replacement of a G400s which is the revised updated model of the G400 in 7-10 days. Very nice of them to not beat around the bush and drag a RMA on like a lot of hardware companies do.

Yup, how long is their warranty btw? I have a few issues every now and again with my G110 keyboard, its about 2 years old

Edit: Checked myself, 3 years, do you have to ship them your's or are they straight sending you one.

Mono

I just went to the Delver forums and found that there are people who actually pay money, €3 even, to reskin this wonderful cuteness:

ziNTMOR.png

nPdVVgV.png

That makes it look like AdventureQuest, gross!

Yup, how long is their warranty btw? I have a few issues every now and again with my G110 keyboard, its about 2 years old

3 year limited warranty, but it covered my problem with the scroll wheel so I don't how limited it actually is.

EDIT to address your EDIT lol: No they just asked for a picture of the mouse, for record purposes, they said, and the info of it like serial number and stuff, and said I don't have to ship it back or cut the cable (like some hardware companies make you do).

Arthea

no idea about the paid membership, all the mods are...well mods, so free. I always knew curse as a hub, maybe its something more now

also, stop caring about it just because you got it in the humble weekly! >_<

you ask me stop caring about "free" stuff? what's wrong with you?!
I just want to understand! (><)

Hugstable

Banned
you ask me stop caring about "free" stuff? what's wrong with you?!
I just want to understand! (><)

I thought it was strange to see Curse as part of some Humble Bundle. I hadn't heard that name in years. Don't know what use it has beyond mmo mods though.

Rhaknar

how much is Volgarr in $ on the humble store?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

ziNTMOR.png

nPdVVgV.png

I can understand that pixel art isn't for everyone, but that doesn't strike me as a better alternative, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom