• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, did you enter for every 100% Juice? Because I did and two show only two entrants. If we both didn't win.... I might be throttled but Moddy should still have counted my entry, right?
I only entered for #1. Regardless of being throttled MB should still list all the entrants, yes. I know what the thresholds for the throttles/cooldowns used to be as of about 6 months ago-ish, but Stump hasn't talked about them lately, so I dunno if they're still accurate, and if they are I dunno if Stump wants people touting them.

Dr Dogg

Well catching up on this thread overnight was like 'Waifus, waifus everywhere'. Need to clean my eyes out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rome Total War -- MB-7C02D3A011623ACD - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 2 entrants total.

t1405076925z1.png

Tektonic

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.
Windforge (Steam) -- MB-C9CE8B3FFD615831 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis (Desura) -- MB-FA41F079126BD154 - Taken by cardinalmind
Mount & Blade (Steam) -- MB-2D01248A8126E9EF - Taken by PossumMeat

t1405076985z1.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
No games, only waifus now
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sakura Spirit #3 -- MB-09A495764DE1D3FC - Taken by PriitV. 14 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit #2 -- MB-6B03FD74E3F7E954 - Taken by FtHTiny. 1 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit #4 -- MB-4E3B5AA24613B965 - Taken by fantomena. 5 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit #5 -- MB-7754D7FD1E4C0CFF - Taken by billmcdougal. 3 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-B4A05CD105BB9E1A - Taken by EzioCroft. 6 entrants total.

t1405077105z1.png

derExperte

I only entered for #1. Regardless of being throttled MB should still list all the entrants, yes.

That's strange then. Or I accidentally didn't enter for that one. I'll ask Stump when he's around, maybe there's a bug somewhere and other entries weren't counted either which could explain the lower than usual numbers.

Arthea

FC better be this year! *shakes fist*

no worries, we'll get FC this summer, I'm 99% sure of it.
SC this year is very unlikely. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see how that huge translation and adopting a game to steam, new OS-es can happen this fast, knowing that Xseed is a small company.

MayMay

Banned
Got some gaaaames y'all

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EzioCroft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-030806BCFFB1DE14 - Taken by Arthea. 9 entrants total.
Arma II -- MB-D9F54D456F099B65 - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-B1FE51CCDD881017 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-539DA3B2C77902E5 - Taken by thebloo. 3 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C4BAA486CF873CD5 - Taken by Benedict
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D27589B89FD993EE - Taken by Kaisersalsek. 3 entrants total.
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5DB3B41BE544FF6D - Taken by fuzzy123
Splice -- MB-3FFAAE8AF5F0FB65 - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-14BC1776FA96AFAE - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E37A070792155847 - Taken by aurelioking
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9F9647801B992231
Nightsky -- MB-344D4E071C7A82CB - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-D0E87E8ED679B5FB - Taken by Ezalc. 5 entrants total.

t1405077165z1.png

JustLynx

VPN Region-Unlocking was never a problem, no matter if key or gift.

this is from Steam TOS
You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

You might never be caught but are you willing to risk your account?

Mokoi

Banned
Had this sitting in my Steam inventory, hopefully somebody is after a copy. :)

Hehe, I actually am

Well catching up on this thread overnight was like 'Waifus, waifus everywhere'. Need to clean my eyes out.

I believe it was you who posted that big overview on Teslagrad. If it was just want to say thanks for that. The game is really good. Probably going to plow through it tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I win one of those Waifu Simulators, I will...ugh...

I will...ack... I will use a Female Laharl avatar for 1 week >_<

your move modbot

Autofokus

this is from Steam TOS

You might never be caught but are you willing to risk your account?

People use VPNs left and right for unlocking games in general, to play earlier and whatnot. As long as you don't use such methods to buy directly from steam, you will be fine. Many (including myself) doing it for years now.

But yeah, if you don't feel comfortable with it, just don't do it.

Tellaerin

Just got done messing with Sunrider for a bit, and it actually seems pretty decent. The writing and art are both solid, the music's surprisingly good, and I like the whole hybrid visual novel-with-tactical battles thing they've got going on. I may have to try to invest some time in it and play all the way through at some point.

Arthea

Just got done messing with Sunrider for a bit, and it actually seems pretty decent. The writing and art are both solid, the music's surprisingly good, and I like the whole hybrid visual novel-with-tactical battles thing they've got going on. I may have to try to invest some time in it and play all the way through at some point.

I plan to try it this weekend, good to know that it's worth downloading.
I like all kinds of genre mixes, hopefully this one works.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
there is no NOWINNERSDAILY rules tho?
I believe I remember reading that there is a natural cooldown on chances based on the last time you won. It's not that you have no chance, but your chances are less if it was recently, like say, a couple hours as this will be for me. I think the first tick on the cooldown is 15mins.

Beelzebubs

I'll be giving it a go on Sunday to cure the hangover, everyone has mentioned that it's pretty good so I'll definitely set aside a few hours for it.

Knurek

a little more of Trails teasing:

We've been pretty specific about SC, actually. We've been saying for months now that we're targeting the tail end of 2014, but if it makes it, it'll just barely make it. My money is on early 2015, even though officially we're still slated for late 2014 -- but we shall see. ;)

FC is the one we've been wishy-washy about, since that's been the "problem child" for a few months, with new issues cropping up on almost a daily basis. But you should literally be hearing news about it (as in, a definitive release date) like, this week, if all goes well. So it won't be much longer now.

Meanwhile at XSEED:
slowpoke_c1421b_35619tsfg1.jpg

I believe I remember reading that there is a natural cooldown on chances based on the last time you won. It's not that you have no chance, but your chances are less if it was recently, like say, a couple hours as this will be for me. I think the first tick on the cooldown is 15mins.
It more than a reduction of chances, you straight up can't win anything from modbot for 15 minutes. (or an hour or a day, depending)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no fem Laharl for you!

edit: Sakura Spirit #2 -- MB-6B03FD74E3F7E954 - Taken by FtHTiny. 1 entrants total.

how does that work again? I entered for all 5

Dr Dogg

I believe it was you who posted that big overview on Teslagrad. If it was just want to say thanks for that. The game is really good. Probably going to plow through it tomorrow.

No worries. It's a bit hard to pin down exactly what type of game it is but does play like a puzzle platformer, the map and the progression is like a metroidvania game, plus there is a subtle story and backstory that plays out as you explore more of the tower.

derExperte

Actually how does the throttling policy work? If I win waifu simulator I can't win AO?

No, there's a 15 minutes countdown for everyone which is irrelevant here. But then there's also a limit to how many giveaways you can win over a span of a few days and if you reach that threshold you're blocked for a while.

I entered for 2 and 3 :p

Which means Moddy is drunk as he shows only one entry. See the discussion on the last page.

Volcynika

Fell asleep before the Ys giveaway went out, but it seems the Modbot post wasn't edited fully, so here were the winners of my Ys giveaway!

NightmareTrigger claimed your Ys: The Oath in Felghana #1 key. There were 42 entrants.
DarkMehm claimed your Ys: The Oath in Felghana #2 key. There were 4 entrants.
StrongArmSteady claimed your Ys: The Oath in Felghana #3 key. There were 12 entrants.
KevMan1815 claimed your Ys: The Oath in Felghana #4 key. There were 7 entrants.

RionaaM claimed your Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles Plus #1 key. There were 11 entrants.
Dimitri2401 claimed your Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles Plus #2 key. There were 3 entrants.
Purkake4 claimed your Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles Plus #3 key. There were 2 entrants
Garcia claimed your Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles Plus #4 key. There were 1 entrants.

73V3N claimed your Ys Origin #1 key. There were 19 entrants.
GaussTek claimed your Ys Origin #2 key. There were 6 entrants.
yuraya claimed your Ys Origin #3 key. There were 6 entrants.
NingenJanai claimed your Ys Origin #4 key. There were 4 entrants.

Congrats to all the winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom