• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405117800z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Hugstable

Banned
Serious question, but why all the clamor for Half-Life 3?

I've honestly stopped caring at this point since its been so long. I just figure when it comes out or actually has concrete information that it exists, then I'll let the hype take me over. It's been so long since episode 2 and I got tired of hoping that maybe at the next game convention we might see the conclusion to Gordon Freeman's story.

It's basically a joke at this point, compounded only by the fact that Valve refuses to even answer questions about it. If they said "Half-Life 3 and/or Half-Life 2 Episode 3 isn't happening," that would be the end of it.

zeroOman

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

t1405117800z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

The ping killed the fun for me 200ms is to high i feel like I am late 2 or 3.

OK gang, I realize that this game might not be "Finnish" but thanks to your friendly local neighborhood DunderHassan I was able to snag a copy for myself and one for my SteamBros. Good luck to all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunless Sea -- MB-32C3A5CEA4CA934A - Taken by UncleBiz

t1405107350z1.png

MayMay

Banned

If only casual CSGO matches wouldnt be such a clusterfuck lol. Tried playing casual earlier after around 100 hours of competitive and it just feels like there are too many players on the maps lol.

Might join in on the fun though if the ping happens to be acceptable and stuff.

The current Indie Royale just dropped to 2,19€ for two hours
http://www.indieroyale.com/
That seems like a pretty big "fuck you" to everyone who paid more.

I paid only less than a dollar more, so it's not a HUGE deal to me, but still.

I've never liked Indie Royale's price system. It constantly gets raised. I kinda wish it would be at a fixed price, even if that price is initially a bit more. They almost always lose sales from me because I didn't get in "in time."

Edit: The bonus game being non-Steam and non-Desura also kinda sucks.

Another edit: The bonus game IS Desura...my bad.

Hugstable

Banned
pKSlqny.png

What is this?:

t1405117800z4.png

What we are playing:

How to join us:

In the future:

Ahhh yeeeah!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I bought indieroyale when it came out, but I would be pissed if I had bought it recently :/

Nzyme32

I choose to rank "Valve will resume work on Stars of Blood" among the likes of "WB will re-release Wheelman" and "Capcom will release a PC port of Dragon's Dogma" as far as the top of the list of things that I feel have a distinctly high chance of happening is concerned.

Yeah but I'm a dreamer :p

For me at least, I've always enjoyed the series and the universe while the non-episode releases have always represented something ground breaking to me. Personally though, the yearning isn't quite there any more. While I still love the games and go through them probably yearly just for kicks, I don't expect anything soon but hope eventually they do something significant and meaningful. Right now I'd like to see them do some sort of single player experience that is new, unique or inspired in some way.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not to nag, but if you're going to post an actual spoiler, I'd recommend labelling it appropriately: e.g. (Actual Portal 2 spoiler)
Where is Wheelman?
Too many people "abuse" spoiler tags to the point where you can't be sure if a section of unlabelled masked text is either an off-the-cuff comment or an actual detail. Technically using spoiler tags in such an unclear manner is against the rules, but naturally this is something that's difficult to enforce.
This is how I spoiled myself one of Heavy Rain's endings, so I can't agree more. Personally I've been trying not to use spoiler tags for anything but actual spoilers lately.

the worst is when you get hooked on an online game while you have a pile of great games collecting dust. I got super into MW2 (over 8 days worth of gameplay logged) but I just felt like I was wasting time after a while because there is no real endgame in sight. I'm hoping one day to clear out my backlog so that I can joyfully play any game without feeling like I could be playing something else instead. I'm going back to my play 2 before buying 1 ways and hoping for the best.

But of course there will be a sweet humble bundle or some shit that always messes that up.
I know that feel. I've been gifted some great and interesting games recently, but all I'm doing is play Guild Wars 2 instead (I forced myself to stop playing in the past so this wouldn't happen, which is why I'd played very little of it until now). Someone should delete my account or something, that shit is addictive.

If only casual CSGO matches wouldnt be such a clusterfuck lol. Tried playing casual earlier after around 100 hours of competitive and it just feels like there are too many players on the maps lol.

I'm on the west coast so CSGO tries to put me on a server there. I think it's reasonable if you live anywhere in North America but depending how good you internet is YMMV.

Why does this always happen when I gt to work -.-

I've been trying different times to see how many different people we can get. I'll probably do it later tomorrow.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I choose to rank "Valve will resume work on Stars of Blood" among the likes of "WB will re-release Wheelman" and "Capcom will release a PC port of Dragon's Dogma" as far as the top of the list of things that I feel have a distinctly high chance of happening is concerned.

It's been a long while since I've honestly been excited for anything coming out of Valve that wasn't related to Steam features.

In the case of HL3 I now desire that Gabe announces it is on indefinite hiatus or is canceled so people will stop making the same tired jokes every time a three is involved; or every time Valve game development is mentioned.

C4rter

My order of "Ace Combat™ Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition" @funstockdigital is on status "Internal processing"... Paid with PayPal, wonder what's the problem.

aku:jiki

It's been a long while since I've honestly been excited for anything coming out of Valve that wasn't related to Steam features.

In the case of HL3 I now desire that Gabe announces it is on indefinite hiatus or is canceled so people will stop making the same tired jokes every time a three is involved; or every time Valve game development is mentioned.
So what you're saying is Half-Life 3 confirmed?

Xeroblade

I honestly believe Valve enjoys the jokes.

Dr Dogg

Just a quick Shovel Knight question for peeps who have played it. When you're in Treasure Knight's stage do you have to
buy the Relic off Chester after defeating the mini boss
there or can you grab it later back at the village? I'm a teeny bit short on cash at the mo. Cheers in advance.

Hugstable

Banned
Just a quick Shovel Knight question for peeps who have played it. When you're in Treasure Knight's stage do you have to
there or can you grab it later back at the village? I'm a teeny bit short on cash at the mo. Cheers in advance.

I believe you can always get it in the village after you beat the boss of that stage.

nexen

I just tried out Trail of Ibn Battuta and when you fire the Skorpion, it makes 7 gunshot noises but you only fire 4 bullets. This game oozes quality.

CZm3sbp.png

That was your primary complaint?

I wanted to reach through the game and strangle the animators and writers, myself.

um... I barely had enough money to get that so I don't know. I was wondering that as well though after the first time he showed up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I must know where that comes from

hell, thats where it comes from

new GMG voucher 25% ALIENI-SOLATI-ON25PC probably doesnt work with credit as usual

edit: yup, doesnt work with credit confirmed

Articalys

Speaking of HL3, one of the small joys of creating sample user data for testing is being able to make something silly like one Gabriel Newell, 33 years old, born on March 3, phone number 333-333-3333, living at 333 Third St., Unit 33.

ArjanN

This, haha, after playing a bunch of competitive mode, it makes it pretty obvious how messy casual is.

Valve still exists and THQ (Vigil Games - Darksiders 3) doesn't. Also I don't think 2K wants to do anything with The Darkness.

It's pretty obvious Darksiders 3 is still going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom