• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I believe you can always get it in the village after you beat the boss of that stage.

Ah top stuff. Cheers.

um... I barely had enough money to get that so I don't know. I was wondering that as well though after the first time he showed up.

Yeah I've been pretty tight on funds as I always spend every last penny before doing a stage. Didn't help that I was shovelling a pile into a bottomless pit earlier in the stage. Oh well I guess it's time to go break some
checkpoints!

Grief.exe

It's true that my job here is stable, but yes they've cut my insurance benefits.

The wrench thrown into my life is that the house I've been renting for nearly 5 years is being sold, and I've been given a 60 day eviction notice. The problem is that real estate in this area has skyrocketed in the last 5 years so the cheapest place I can find to rent is almost $1,000 a month more than what I was previously paying. So, almost but not quite double.

Yes technically I could afford to stay in this area (and keep my job here), but that's a significant chunk of change I'll have to pay every month for the privilege of doing so. I don't have any debt and my budget runs pretty lean as it is. My wife is disabled so I've been supporting my family on a single income.

So with the onslaught of medical bills and the sharp rise in my cost of living, it's probably better that I look for work elsewhere. I've kinda known this has been coming since the beginning of the year (when my insurance was cut) so I've kinda casually been shopping for a job since then. I figured it would be nice if a company like Valve would recognize my skills both through my work with Enhanced Steam and my 16 years of experience working in IT. Now that I'm down to the wire, I'm putting in applications left and right to various places, most of which have nothing to do with gaming or will even recognize my work with Enhanced Steam as anything more than "a hobby project".

Anyway, how bout them Steam games, guys?

Real Estate prices have been skyrocketing all over. I'm currently working for a civil/environmental engineering firm and it's insanely busy around here.

Where's my .Hack// games??

.hack HD collection would be much appreciated as those games are difficult to find at this point.

Jawmuncher

Should be available on the order view page, right? The link in the order confirmation email?

You can still get your key while it says (On Hold)

On the main page to to
My Account
View Order History
Click
info.png

You'll see the name of the game and the key to the right under MY DOWNLOADS

Lomax

I concur. And if there's that much clamor for HL3, where's the clamor for The Darkness III and Darksiders III? >_<

I think we'll eventually see Darksiders III, Nordic has mentioned wanting to do it and they seem to be doing pretty well at putting out B-tier games, which is really where it needs to be. Maybe they could hire the group that did Marlow Briggs, I think they would do an amazing job with that license.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BACKSTABBER
buy it from me

not really, even with vouchers the prices cant touch the motherland, maybe if you could use credit but you cant

edit: DAT DAILY o_O 75% on Sir You Are Being Hunter

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Currently enjoying Spintires (thanks to corrosivefrost <3) and it's both the best and hardest thing I've played in a while.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to buy the Humble Bundle just for Lifeless Planet (and Stackings). Haven't seen Lifeless Planet cheaper yet, but I'm not sure if it's worth $10

derExperte

Tempted to buy the Humble Bundle just for Lifeless Planet (and Stackings). Haven't seen Lifeless Planet cheaper yet, but I'm not sure if it's worth $10

It isn't. It sure has some merits, looks nice (if you like empty vistas which I do), great music, starts interesting. But 95% of the time consists of running forward. Then you jump around. And then run forward again.

Caerith

Thanks all for explaining the HL3 clamor for me. I never played the episodes (HL2 itself didn't compel me enough to want more) so I didn't know the last one ended on a cliffhanger.

I concur. And if there's that much clamor for HL3, where's the clamor for The Darkness III and Darksiders III? >_<
I'm sure Darksiders II killed any desire for Darksiders III, but it would have been nice to get an actual sequel to the first game.

That seems like a pretty big "fuck you" to everyone who paid more.

I paid only less than a dollar more, so it's not a HUGE deal to me, but still.

I've never liked Indie Royale's price system. It constantly gets raised. I kinda wish it would be at a fixed price, even if that price is initially a bit more. They almost always lose sales from me because I didn't get in "in time."

Edit: The bonus game being non-Steam and non-Desura also kinda sucks.
I don't like Indie Royale's system, either. By the time they send an email out to tell you about the bundle, it's already twice the price it started it. I fretted yesterday over whether to buy it before the price went up further, realized I only want one of those games and even then not that badly, and now am not interested even at the lower price.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm sure Darksiders II killed any desire for Darksiders III, but it would have been nice to get an actual sequel to the first game.

I didn't like the whole Diablo/Borderlands loot system that 2 had in it. The way it was done in the first Darksiders was fine, but they basically just made you cycle through crap loads of weapons for no reason. The first game is actually very enjoyable to me and I've beaten it twice now. Really well done Zelda clone for the first game.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
It isn't. It sure has some merits, looks nice (if you like empty vistas which I do), great music, starts interesting. But 95% of the time consists of running forward. Then you jump around. And then run forward again.

Considering your username I'll trust you on this

That's kind of sad. If you actually want to play it, 5 dollars is a steal for a game.

This.

Plus... how can you go wrong when you combine STEALTH and SURVIVAL with TEA and BISCUITS?

I mean, the only way it could be even better is if I could get some CRUMPETS with that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How's Sir You Are Being Hunted? Is it any good?

It's pretty fun until you realize how functionally half-baked every system is and the game starts throwing hilariously unfair demands in terms of your ability to hide/protect yourself and the sheer number of robots that patrol the island. One of which is completely unkillable and others which require an immense amount of firepower to take out. The collectathon aspect is a bit of a chore since every chunk of the stone has a chance of taking up a large amount of storage space, so you'll be running back to the main island fairly frequently all for the sake of playtime extension.

For a fiver though? The first few hours are pretty great and the biomes provide some damn excellent atmosphere to crawl around in.

DogMeat77

Currently enjoying Spintires (thanks to corrosivefrost <3) and it's both the best and hardest thing I've played in a while.

Spintires is great. Are you playing single or mp?

We should get together sometime and play. It is a lot of fun with a few people... each rescuing the other as we inevitably fail and tip our trucks.

Caerith

I didn't like the whole Diablo/Borderlands loot system that 2 had in it. The way it was done in the first Darksiders was fine, but they basically just made you cycle through crap loads of weapons for no reason. The first game is actually very enjoyable to me and I've beaten it twice now. Really well done Zelda clone for the first game.

In the first Darksiders, if you saw a difficult-to-reach chest, you still tried for it because it might be something awesome. In the second Darksiders, if you saw a difficult-to-reach chest, you just kept walking because it would just be random loot trash and your inventory is full anyway.

Lomax

That's kind of sad. If you actually want to play it, 5 dollars is a steal for a game.

That's true, and I'm sure I'd agree on any game I've played and loved, but I also look at things like the 2k bundle where I already own almost all those games and I've only beaten one of them and several I've never even installed, spending $5 on a game I may or may not play right now (and definitely won't now that I know it won't run on the laptop I'm currently stuck using for the summer), it becomes a consideration. 75% off is great, but $5 is multiple bundles and basically every game on sale more than a year old, so it has to compare to that.

Basically, if it was $2.50 or so I probably wouldn't hesitate, but at $5 I've waited this long so waiting longer isn't a big deal. It's not like it will get more expensive, more than likely it will end up bundled or at least the base price marked down at some point.

Speevy

Banned
I have at least 3 games in which I'm running around in the grass or wilderness being hunted by something or other. I'll pass.

Yakkue

That's true, and I'm sure I'd agree on any game I've played and loved, but I also look at things like the 2k bundle where I already own almost all those games and I've only beaten one of them and several I've never even installed, spending $5 on a game I may or may not play right now (and definitely won't now that I know it won't run on the laptop I'm currently stuck using for the summer), it becomes a consideration. 75% off is great, but $5 is multiple bundles and basically every game on sale more than a year old, so it has to compare to that.

Basically, if it was $2.50 or so I probably wouldn't hesitate, but at $5 I've waited this long so waiting longer isn't a big deal. It's not like it will get more expensive, more than likely it will end up bundled or at least the base price marked down at some point.

I understand that stance completely, which is why I included "If you actually want to play it" :)
I have no interest myself in that particular game btw.

I'll keep this as a reaction image. Also the game is free so give it a try if you can handle the box spaceships, badly layered explosions, curved lasers. But in it's defence the music is pretty good.

Jawmuncher

I'll keep this as a reaction image. Also the game is free so give it a try if you can handle the box spaceships, badly layered explosions, curved lasers. But in it's defence the music is pretty good.

I noticed on my computer that the Steam Overlay is slow as hell.
Is it the case for you or anyone else who has played it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom