• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Procedurally generated Waifus. If you fail a date they will slap you and the next procedurally generated waifu will show up.

We should make this Yandere based so that they kill you if you fail.
They would kill you if they love you as well so everybody wins.

wait.

It's the normal amount of slow for me

Hmmm i'll mess with it later. Might have been caused by my specific window mode settings.
Or that I was in the Bonus Mode and not the actual game.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Spintires is great. Are you playing single or mp?

We should get together sometime and play. It is a lot of fun with a few people... each rescuing the other as we inevitably fail and tip our trucks.
SP :D

We should, SpintiresGAF. :p

Anyone knows how to use M&Ms mastercard on Paypal? Steam no longer accept them

Would work the same as with steam or anything else, if it's going to work -- just log into paypal and "add funds".

However, you should be aware that if your account is missing information, this may cause them to flag and suspend you until you provide them with the requested documentation (driver's license and utility bill in my case).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We should make this Yandere based so that they kill you if you fail.
They would kill you if they love you as well so everybody wins.

wait.

Hmmm i'll mess with it later. Might have been caused by my specific window mode settings.
Or that I was in the Bonus Mode and not the actual game.

Also for DLC we can sell different Artstyles
70s Yandere
80s Yandere
90s Yandere
2000 Yandere
Future Yandere
Medieval Yandere
Fantasy Yandere
Beast Yandere
Yandere Yandere Bundle which includes all DLC.

Kanokare

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405117800z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Here's the SteamGAF competitive match we had last night :) We did a lot better this time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coowT3F0FgI

Dambrosi

Banned
I actually want to see a Waifu RogueLite.
I imagine it would be fast, hillarious fun.
Well, there's a waifu dungeon crawler on 3DS. I think it's called PicDun 2 or something.

I should know for certain, since I bought the damn thing, but I haven't seen my 3DS in months.

Also for DLC we can sell different Artstyles
70s Yandere
80s Yandere
90s Yandere
2000 Yandere
Future Yandere
Medieval Yandere
Fantasy Yandere
Beast Yandere
Yandere Yandere Bundle which includes all DLC.
Somebody's already doing it on 4chan /v/. Very early pre-alpha at the moment, but it's a stealth game like MGS, except with potential-victim stalking and tools and kitchen implements as weapons. "Weapons and equipment OSP" indeed.

Vazra

We'll be raking in the cash in no time.

I'm now seriously considering making this. I can make visual novel games afterall. The tricky part will be making random personalities and dialogues to go with it and the random character generator.

So, I managed to spend a few minutes with Sunless Sea before my sons started pestering me to play Minecraft. I really like the atmosphere/aesthetic of the game. I hope to get some more time with it later but it is off to a good start so far. :)

Eh? After changing my username from LostAtLife to freshVeggie ModBot resetted "my loot"
Interesting. So here's one for my new me. Thanks nbnt!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bioshock -- MB-C9F0EE5786A0F4C2

Jawmuncher

You should launch a kickstarter campaign for that game Jawmuncher.

As soon as me and nito can work on game development together this has to be a go to project definitely.

I'm now seriously considering making this. I can make visual novel games afterall. The tricky part will be making random personalities and dialogues to go with it and the random character generator.

Sounds like a plan.

Caerith

I think the tricky part would be making the characters feel consistent while having random traits in their personality.

DogMeat77

I think it has to be the sole source of funding, which means you have to remove other sources of funding.

I just said screw it and used it on the humble store.

It doesn't have to be the sole source. If you just don't tell Steam to save your paypal information, every time you checkout using Paypal it will redirect you to Paypal where you can select which card/account you want to be charged.

When you tell steam to save your paypal info is where it stops taking you to the paypal redirect page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Eh? After changing my username from LostAtLife to freshVeggie ModBot resetted "my loot"

... I... hadn't actually considered that. ModBot does stuff by username instead of userid because of a quirk in vBulletin's PM system that shaped the way ModBot processes PMs (basically, it uses the PM archive function instead of having to do a separate request for every PM)... well, fudge. I'll have to figure out a way to link stuff across usernames.

Daily Deals from the Humble Store

I wish that the YDKJ pack had the original one that was removed from Steam a few months ago.

Dambrosi

Banned
Just in case you missed it, since i edited my original post and this thread moves so fast:
Somebody's already doing it on 4chan /v/. Very early pre-alpha at the moment, but it's a stealth game like MGS, except with potential-victim stalking and tools and kitchen implements as weapons. "Weapons and equipment OSP" indeed.
So it all comes down to who finishes first. You or the 4chan dude? READY GOOOOOOO

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish that the YDKJ pack had the original one that was removed from Steam a few months ago.

That's never coming back. It was published by Nordic and the individual games are these days published by Jackbox itself.

Edit: The original Carmageddon is now available following a brief period as a Reincarnation incentive.

... I... hadn't actually considered that. ModBot does stuff by username instead of userid because of a quirk in vBulletin's PM system that shaped the way ModBot processes PMs (basically, it uses the PM archive function instead of having to do a separate request for every PM)... well, fudge. I'll have to figure out a way to link stuff across usernames.
Hehe, no need for even more work towards this free project of yours. It just seemed weird.

Vazra

I think the tricky part would be making the characters feel consistent while having random traits in their personality.

I think the easy route would be having 3-5 predeterminated routes of dialogue per personality. Sure its not randomly generated but having multiple personalities to randomly drop at you there are chances you will have to play to get all that out despite the dialogue being full by those 3-5 predeterminated routes of dialogue.

Shy
Outgoing
Reserved
Silly
Smart

Each of that would have 3-5 randomly selected line of dialogues so it would put it around 15-25 different styles of dialogues. The tricky part remains on attaching personalities to the looks. Could be easily implemented by the eyes I suppose as usually you can notice the difference in the eyes or posture. Im a mess I know.

aku:jiki

Just played through the Thomas Was Alone DLC and feeling pretty disappointed. It throws in hard levels which are kind of crap, and the story, though wonderfully written and narrated like in the base game, feels utterly pointless. I have no idea what I just spent 30 or so minutes on, really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sir, You Are Being Gifted

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-B7ED7F9705B65F58 - Taken by Autofokus. 31 entrants total.

t1405101830z1.png

"oh Rhaknar you are so amazing /swoon"
"Rhaknar is the GOAT"
"OMG WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ALL THESE GIVEAWAYS IT NEVER HAPPENS?!"
"Fuck you Rhaknar you piece of shit"

there, all the usual posts, now you dont have to waste the thread with them yay o7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom